Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman III- still nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Why don't the Bruins simply just sign Swayman to a reasonable contract?

are they stupid?
We don’t know they aren’t

We have they are only offering 4/25 at 6.25 or 8/48

Well which is it lol

Not buying second at all and first I would gather is kinda ok but let’s not get half pregnant here

Just go all in at 8

Reactions: Gordoff

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Should RFA negotiations be abolished all together and Swayman can demand anything, forget the team and cap management? News rules for Sway the GOAT
You forgot the most important part, HE HASN'T EARNED A BIG CONTRACT.

He will get what he deserves at this point in his career not a dime more. If not, move him to the highest bidder,

We should be able to get a nice haul for a future HOF'er

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
If the dude pulled off what the st Louis goalie did in 2019 winning a cup but a rd vs toronto is all his team can't point to
Binnigton is way more up and down than Swayman. I still don't get how we lost to "him". One great save on Marchand in game 7. He looked as bad as he looked good, that entire series.

In the end Binington has a ring Swayman doesn't, add that to what the contract is worth.
Also beating Toronto in the 1st round is a given. Regardless of how good or average the B's have been, you can count on the Big 4 to choke, no defense, no goalie, it's called Toronto Maple Leafs

Reactions: Gordoff

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
If the dude pulled off what the st Louis goalie did in 2019 winning a cup but a rd vs toronto is all his team can't point to
Agree, I truly hope the Bruins hold the line with this kid.

Didn't Korpo carry LA on his back a few series and drag them into the playoffs on his back when he was traded there?

Now he's trash a few years later, $3m trash according too many posters on this board.

Don't overpay for goalie's period

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Always remember the quote from the movie North Dallas 40 uttered by John Matuszak, complaining about the coach and front office:

Every time I call it a game, you call it a business.
But every time I call it a business, you call it a game.

So it goes for fans as well. They want the front office to take the hard line with players, but if a player uses his rights to act in his best interest we get "Why do they want to get paid so much to play a game?"

As long as it's not Harry Sinden doing it.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Off his ELC. The Bruins chose to do a shorter bridge. Should have offered him 4 years last season, but they couldn't because of someones incompetence. So here we are.
What makes you think that was on the table? Was Swayman's agent less smart two years ago?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I have to admit the entertainment value of this thread has been fantastic
Sorry, I must disagree, I would like to wake in the morning and have this settled, have the season begin, and the election over, all I want to do is watch hockey, and I do not blame this on my weak ass attention span, but you must admit it is been a long drawn out process.

Reactions: BTO

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
IMG_0967.gif

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
What makes you think that was on the table? Was Swayman's agent less smart two years ago?
Jeremy Swayman signed a 1 year , $3,475,000 contract via arbitration which pissed him off. The B's were cap handicapped till this year. Do you really think he was going to take 3.4-3.5M for 4 years. Even if the value went up every year of the 4 years, the cap hit would be based on the AVG.

Not the way it works.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Those other goalies signed 5 x 4. The Bruins had no space because of the GM so they had to take a 1 year deal and now are trying to either get a massive steal at 6 x 8 or a bridge now.

Agree, I truly hope the Bruins hold the line with this kid.

Didn't Korpo carry LA on his back a few series and drag them into the playoffs on his back when he was traded there?

Now he's trash a few years later, $3m trash according too many posters on this board.

Don't overpay for goalie's period

He did not. Korpisalo was awful for LA and that's why they didn't re up him. Then he was awful in Ottawa and Donny boy got fleeced into taking him

• Haha
Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

“It’s all based on statistics,” Swayman said. “The comparables are different from what you want to hear. Some of the things they pull up aren’t necessarily true, for that matter.”

I mean maybe it just comes down to them not being truthful? Bruins also countered with a number of 2 million. Insulting. Sweeney and Gold's inability to manage the cap isn't his problem.. Please. 47-20-7 in the previous two years and they are offering Vladar money. Garbage, Add the two up and I'm sure it has more to do with that then them picking on him.

What Swayman considers to not be true might also be something he just doesn't agree with.

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
Would you agree that Swayman is no better than Stuart Skinner?
Numbers suggest that Swayman is the better goalie with a total of152 vs 148 games played. Swayman has the better SV% in both the regular season and playoffs. With Skinner having more playoff wins due to the McDavid factor.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
They didn't because he would have been a FA, not an RFA coming out of it.
I might be missing something but I don't think he'd be a UFA until 2027. A 2 year deal last year would get them to 2026 where he'd be a RFA. I guess at that point he could sign his QO for 1 season and get to UFA in 2027, but they'd have 2 years to negotiate with him on a long term deal, including having this season when he would be the clear 1A w/ 60+ starts.

Reactions: Pia8988

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I might be missing something but I don't think he'd be a UFA until 2027. A 2 year deal last year would get them to 2026 where he'd be a RFA. I guess at that point he could sign his QO for 1 season and get to UFA in 2027, but they'd have 2 years to negotiate with him on a long term deal, including having this season when he would be the clear 1A w/ 60+ starts.
UFA year is 2026

Reactions: Dr Quincy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad