Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman III- still nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Sounds to me like the insiders know about as much about these negotiations as my asshole. And my asshole is particularly ignorant.
Mine is brilliant. Just saying. That said, I’m very partial to it and not entirely objective.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

“It’s all based on statistics,” Swayman said. “The comparables are different from what you want to hear. Some of the things they pull up aren’t necessarily true, for that matter.”

I mean maybe it just comes down to them not being truthful? Bruins also countered with a number of 2 million. Insulting. Please. 47-20-7 in the previous two years and they are offering Vladar money. Garbage, Add the two up and I'm sure it has more to do with that then them picking on him.
Official NHL statistics aren't true?

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Dunno what he was saying in context to what, we weren't there, but after the Miller fiasco I'm not trusting this brass to tell the truth and will side with Jeremy. I mean who had Swayman's comparable stats to come up with 2 mil per?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Depends on how you use them. For example, I could say that the year Matt Poitras had 95 pts in the OHL, Matvey Petrov had 93, so therefor they are clearly comparable prospects.

Yet I think you'd disgree with that. Stats can be shaded in all sorts of way, especially when you are picking some stats to look at and some stats to ignore.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I mean Helly and Saros signed their contracts at 25/26 years old like Swayman pre-COVID.

So deals signed in 2018 should be the benchmark for a deal signed in 2024?

Only sport where a deal signed 6 years ago is the benchmark for today.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Depends on how you use them. For example, I could say that the year Matt Poitras had 95 pts in the OHL, Matvey Petrov had 93, so therefor they are clearly comparable prospects.

Yet I think you'd disgree with that. Stats can be shaded in all sorts of way, especially when you are picking some stats to look at and some stats to ignore.
No you couldn't say that. But you already know that.

Gross put in his ask. The Bruins, knowing the arbitrator would come in basically down the middle, put in their offer so that the arbitrators decision would come in at a number they could manage.

Gross went for the win where everyone, including every knowledgeable person here knew what the award would come in at.

And again, Gross knew what happens in these cases, yet Swayman was still caught off guard.

Those are the only facts we know.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
This is exactly what they did. You know why? Because despite your incorrect claim that Gryz was playing first pairing minutes with McAvoy in the playoffs, in reality, Gryz was logging 3rd pairing minutes and has been his entire time in Boston. Last year he played around 17:30 a night. The year before, 17:15. The year before just over 18. He wasn't logging heavy first or second pairing minutes. He was a bottom of the roster type. Which is what Zadorov has been his entire career. Now the big question is will someone more physical make a difference? Time will tell.
Yes it will. Gryzlek sucks and he's not physical . Plus he's tiny.
It's an improvement. Without question.

Last edited:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Gross put in his ask. The Bruins, knowing the arbitrator would come in basically down the middle, put in their offer so that the arbitrators decision would come in at a number they could manage.

Gross went for the win where everyone, including every knowledgeable person here knew what the award would come in at.

And again, Gross knew what happens in these cases, yet Swayman was still caught off guard.

And Sweeney knows that when you play hardball with a player and offer him $2m when you know he's worth more, and then trade away the only other goalie option you have while your main guy is unsigned... that you've just dealt away your leverage.

So there should be no whining or complaining about the player and his agent doing what's right for them. Someone should've prepared Donnie for the hard facts of business instead of being caught offguard.

Oh... and are you saying the OHL lies about its stats?

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
And Sweeney knows that when you play hardball with a player and offer him $2m when you know he's worth more, and then trade away the only other goalie option you have while your main guy is unsigned... that you've just dealt away your leverage.

So there should be no whining or complaining about the player and his agent doing what's right for them. Someone should've prepared Donnie for the hard facts of business instead of being caught offguard.

What leverage? Hes a RFA. You think hes playing in Europe or sitting out? You think Bruins will give him more if B's goalies are .890 after 10 games?

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022

He read the briefs, He wasn't off guard. He didn't like the comparables and why should he? He's human. It's ok to feel insulted even if you know it's part of the process. the last part of the article is funny.

“Every opportunity is right in front of him to grab a hold of,” said Sweeney, “and find a level of compensation and contract that will really make him happy.”

Pony up Bruins.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013

I think you're attributing whining and complaining to the wrong party, unless you're just talking about HFBruins or something.

Reactions: Gordoff

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
again with the nickel and diming. Pay the man. 8 x 6 is ridiculous.
Nickel and diming? Its business. His leverage is limited by the CBA. I dont think his agent is helping at all. 8x10 is also ridiculous. Im in the short term deal camp and then figure out if you really want to stay together.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

You are all over the place Doc.

I was talking arbitration and you brought up OHL stats. Those are not admisable stats.

Anyway, I'm just gonna go back to reading this thread. It was more entertaining that way.

I have always believed Swayman should get paid and will go back to waiting to see how it turns out. Just not going to debate all the rumors of which none have been verified to this point.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
1725756971415.png

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
You are all over the place Doc.

I was talking arbitration and you brought up OHL stats. Those are not admisable stats.

Anyway, I'm just gonna go back to reading this thread. It was more entertaining that way.

I have always believed Swayman should get paid and will go back to waiting to see how it turns out. Just not going to debate all the rumors of which none have been verified to this point.
Sorry to bring you into it but I quite enjoyed your diatribe against Gross and I’m not afraid to say it.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
hey I've been gone over a week. Someone fill me on all the drama i missed, point form? Seems like things got a bit public?

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I don’t understand all the angst towards an agent trying to get his client what he deserves? I mean we all watch hockey for the players no? Is 1-1.5 mil more for a core piece a big deal? There has been more angst shown to Swayman for trying to get his than taking on a horrible contract in Korpisalo.

Should RFA negotiations be abolished all together and Swayman can demand anything, forget the team and cap management? News rules for Sway the GOAT
Core piece, long term fixture, 25 year old goalie who has the balls and moxie to bring this team places. 8x6 is insulting not negotiating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad