Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman III- still nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Should not have traded Ullmark until Swayman was signed. That trade gifted his agent so much leverage in these negotiations.
Had to trade him before the draft in order to get a draft pick for this year. Agree it plays into Swayman’s hands.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Take a poll , and I would bet your house on it that most fans would no freakn way...

I don't need to take a poll, this thread is pretty clear. Fans complain about ownership being cheap, but when it comes time to sign guys.....well fans expect everyone starts to think like an owner and they want guys to take a hometown discount.

Reactions: frankiess and LSCII

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Why do we always have to revert back to Rask, let Swayman and his agent construct his own individual contract. Just because Rask got CH% does not mean that the management is looking at this as a factor currently.

Oh idk....

-Nearly identical stats from there 22-25yr old season
-Same management group in Boston when Rask was signed.
-Same age when they were due for a contract
-Hadn't shown they could handle a #1 work load yet
-Both regarded as one of the best young goalies in the NHL at their time.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I don't need to take a poll, this thread is pretty clear. Fans complain about ownership being cheap, but when it comes time to sign guys.....well fans expect everyone starts to think like an owner and they want guys to take a hometown discount.
You are right you should take a poll, your opinion is the only one that matters. This contract does not have as much to do with ownership as you might think, not that they do not have the final say on any contract of this magnitude, but I, am sure ownership reads all you posts and will take them all into consideration.........

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I think everyone liked Sway but his demands don't match his resume. When was the last time a bruins goalie lost to Toronto?
When is the last time a Bruins goalie gave up 9 goals in 6 games in a series? For reference Ullmark gave up 9 goals in his last TWO playoff starts. You should be thanking Sway for saving us the embarrassment of actually losing to them.

Oh idk....

yep 100% don't get the reluctance of some of this fanbase. Trying to squeeze him like they are personally paying him.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Take a poll , and I would bet your house on it that most fans would no freakn way...
most fans are idiots. Bruins haven't had the best luck dealing up and coming stars in trades historically. Why in the hell would fans care about what he will make? They don't seem to care about overspending on bottom of the lineup replacement players.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Last year Swayman was at dinner and for the drink with the main course of fillet mignon he ordered a White Zinfandel.

For that alone he only deserves a small contract.
My grandmother drank that. I have no idea what it is

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
You are right you should take a poll, your opinion is the only one that matters. This contract does not have as much to do with ownership as you might think, not that they do not have the final say on any contract of this magnitude, but I, am sure ownership reads all you posts and will take them all into consideration.........

What? When have I ever said my opinion is the only one that matters? Seems like your dont have a real counterpoint to make and are just posting to post at this point.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
It’s funny to watch you feverishly defend ullmarks last two abysmal post seasons with sub .900 sv% and 3.5GAA while nit picking swaymans .933 SV% 2.15 GAA

Odd response to a post about Tim Thomas.

My only defense of Ullmark was that he played hurt. If you believe he was healthy, then indeed there was no defending his play.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
You're insane. Did you miss the Toronto series?

As far as management they have been past the second round once in a decade, so they must really suck, but we know how you feel about them.

Guy was the number one in the play-offs and won his first round. He's the goalie to get them where they want to go. How did the Linus Ullmark era go play-off wise? I'd rather move forward, make him a core player and build upon last year.

As Sheldon Cooper would say, "I'm not. My mother had me tested."

Was he good enough?

That said, I agree, Swayman is the goalie who could take them where they want to go. Sign him to a fair and equitable contract. I'd say in the range of 4 years, $30 mil.

Reactions: SwayHeyKid

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Oh idk....

Do you see or know of a contract being signed? It does not seem like management are interested in taking the same CH% hit for Swayman's contract.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Do you see or know of a contract being signed? It does not seem like management are interested in taking the same CH% hit for Swayman's contract.

I'm sure they're not. Sweeney wants to get Swayman for a little as he can. Doesn't mean Swayman isn't using the Rask deal as evidence that he should be paid more then the current offer and management has shown in a similar situation they'd pay.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
When is the last time a Bruins goalie gave up 9 goals in 6 games in a series? For reference Ullmark gave up 9 goals in his last TWO playoff starts. You should be thanking Sway for saving us the embarrassment of actually losing to them.

yep 100% don't get the reluctance of some of this fanbase. Trying to squeeze him like they are personally paying him.

He did have a good series vs Toronto but winning a round with home ice isn't the greatest thing I've ever seen in hockey

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
He did have a good series vs Toronto but winning a round with home ice isn't the greatest thing I've ever seen in hockey
Are you a new Bruins fan? If so I point you to 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, and 2023. Oh and 2019 for the ultimate not winning with home ice.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I would do a two year deal @ 6.5. He can re up again and Bruins get a year of RFA. Maybe 7.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
most fans are idiots. Bruins haven't had the best luck dealing up and coming stars in trades historically. Why in the hell would fans care about what he will make? They don't seem to care about overspending on bottom of the lineup replacement players.

Speak(ing?) for yourself!

The fans that are not idiots know that how much Swayman makes effects the Cap. Which effects the team.

I would do a two year deal @ 6.5. He can re up again and Bruins get a year of RFA. Maybe 7.

If you were Swayman or Sweeney?

Reactions: Ladyfan

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
He hasn’t shown he can carry the load. I’d go no more than 5.5 hugs - the last just a one hand bro hug.
See my deep dive I took into Korpi (actually I cheated I took a lot from Jim McBride article basically telling Bruins Nation ‘don’t sleep on a Korpi’

The Sorcerer is very confident Korpi going to good

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad