Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman II - still waiting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I would like to know the definition of far apart by this reporter.
Sweeney is in Boston and Gross is in LA.

I think that constitutes as far apart.

He's followed by some decent names: Cap Friendly, NRD and our own Dom T.
(Doesn't mean his info is right or wrong)
And you are one of the few people I follow on HF Boards.

Maybe I just like the avatars lol

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Yawn. Donny will figure this out and sign him to $6M x 8 years, just you watch!
Swayman is not signing for 6 mil, and certainly is not signing for 8 years at that number, it really would be a sweet deal for the Bruins and would make many fans very happy, and might stop my Sweeney bashing...........side note I have eased off on Donnie a little bit.......

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Swayman is not signing for 6 mil, and certainly is not signing for 8 years at that number, it really would be a sweet deal for the Bruins and would make many fans very happy, and might stop my Sweeney bashing...........side note I have eased off on Donnie a little bit.......
You just gave him an ‘F’ for how he’s handling the Swayman deal a couple of days ago.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
You just gave him an ‘F’ for how he’s handling the Swayman deal a couple of days ago.
Yeah what is your point, you do not agree that this has dragged on to long and this should have been pretty dam close when he traded Ullmark, I do not believe that they did not have a pretty good read on what it was going to take to get a deal done. Should up his grade, I will if you want me to........haha

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Yeah what is your point, you do not agree that this has dragged on to long and this should have been pretty dam close when he traded Ullmark, I do not believe that they did not have a pretty good read on what it was going to take to get a deal done. Should up his grade, I will if you want me to........haha
I do not agree no.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

The Bruins are set to open training camp at Warrior Ice Arena on Sept. 18.
But it remains to be seen if goaltender Jeremy Swayman will be there with the rest of his teammates when the full squad finally takes to the ice.
Swayman has still not signed a new contract with the Bruins. A restricted free agent, Swayman should be in line for a lengthy extension with a pay raise above the $3.475 million salary cap hit he commanded in 2023-24.
Signing Swayman stands as the likely last order of business for general manager Don Sweeney and the Bruins, with Boston still operating with over $9 million in remaining cap space (per @BruinsCapSpace) this offseason.
Boston has the spending power to dole out a hefty new deal for its franchise netminder, but both the Bruins and Swayman’s representatives have yet to bridge the gap.

The lack of any progress at this stage of the summer might raise the collective blood pressure of Bruins fans hoping to see Swayman in a black-and-gold sweater for the long haul.

But Bruins president and Hockey Hall of Famer Cam Neely isn’t fretting over the contractual impasse.

“Something will get done. There’s no question,” Neely said Thursday during an appearance on WZLX’s “The Rich Shertenlieb Show”. “I mean, not every negotiation is as smooth as you’d like it. I know our fan base would certainly love to have something done by now. But I’m fully confident that both sides will come to an agreement before too long here.”

Neely’s comments have fallen in line with Swayman’s over the last week when it comes to contract talks.

“There’s a lot of confidence,” Swayman said last week during an appearance on the WEEI/NESN Jimmy Fund Radio-Telethon. “And I say that because I’ve treated it like business as usual this year. I’ve been at Warrior, I’ve been working out with our guys, our staff, our players. And I know that there’s something special building in this locker room this year, and I can’t be more excited about that.

“I know that it will take care of itself with time, and all I can do is control how I’m going to be a better goalie for the Boston Bruins this year. So, that’s all I’m focused on. And I know, again, it will work out, and I couldn’t be happier to be a Bruin.”

Swayman could be in line for a new annual payout worth at least $7.5 or $8 million per season — especially with the 25-year-old netminder set to take the No. 1 spot on Boston’s depth chart after Linus Ullmark was traded to Ottawa in June.

He further elevated his stock after dominating during the postseason, with Swayman sporting a .933 save percentage in 12 games for the Bruins during the playoffs against Toronto and Florida.

His 13.3 goals saved above expected led all goalies during the 2024 Stanley Cup playoffs (per MoneyPuck), even though he only appeared in two rounds.

While there are still a few question marks regarding Swayman’s ability to shoulder the heavy workload that comes with being a No. 1 goalie, locking in a young netminder like Swayman stands as the most logical path moving forward as the Bruins try to cultivate a new core of top talent.

“Jeremy’s only played 44 games in a regular season, which is still significant,” Neely acknowledged. “But it’s not, it’s not 60 or 65 [games]. And Linus, you know, those two certainly helped us have the records we did the last couple years. They’re both great goaltenders.

“Jeremy, he’s a guy that’s so focused and so determined and he’s got a lot of confidence in himself. And he’s obviously [at] the age, so we figured that we would ride with Jeremy. Linus did so much for the organization, both on and off the ice, a great person, but we felt, we weren’t probably going to re-sign him, so it was best to move him.”

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Swayman: there’s no worry.

Neely: there’s no worry.

Half of HF Bruins: BUT HE’S NOT SIGNED YET!
But Bruins president and Hockey Hall of Famer Cam Neely isn’t fretting over the contractual impasse.

“Something will get done. There’s no question,” Neely said Thursday during an appearance on WZLX’s “The Rich Shertenlieb Show”. “I mean, not every negotiation is as smooth as you’d like it. I know our fan base would certainly love to have something done by now. But I’m fully confident that both sides will come to an agreement before too long here.”

• Love
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

Concerning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad