Confirmed with Link: Jeremy Roenick hall of fame 2024

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
JR criticized Dollar Bill. and wanted out .so Wirtz Family has a reason to stifglecthe rafters thing regardibg putting him up there...
As for Doug Wilson...the long time serving as GM on San Jose may have something to do with that ...sort of separation bias?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Oduya also wore 27. But idk bwc seems to be on some bashing Roenick hate and not acknowledge he was a huge impact on Chicgao, especially growing the Fandom

I was here and loved JR as kid growing up

But he is not worthy of going up to rafters IMO

His time and impact with franchise just wasn't enough

There are more deserving to go up and if HOF is standard then Hawks have to answer why Belfour and Wilson are not up there

Belfour if he isn't worthy of Hawks retirement means neither is JR

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

There are more deserving to go up and if HOF is standard then Hawks have to answer why Belfour and Wilson are not up there

I could see not putting him in the rafters. He was here less than half his career, but all his great years were in Chicago.

The thing is - I recall dollar bill upset in the papers about Roenick's salary requests. I still remember his quote - "Who does this young man think he is, Michael Jordan?"

As I recall, it wasn't too long after that they traded him to Winnipeg/Phoenix.

Reactions: Pez68

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
He was one of the most exciting players to play for the Hawks in the last 50 years. The guy played full throttle all the time. It sucks how his time ended with the Hawks, but with the way he played you knew he couldn’t play at that level his entire career.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
He was one of the most exciting players to play for the Hawks in the last 50 years. The guy played full throttle all the time. It sucks how his time ended with the Hawks, but with the way he played you knew he couldn’t play at that level his entire career.
JR's first 5 or 6 years were the most exciting 5 or 6 years from any individual Hawk in my lifetime. And it's probably not even close really. Amazing talent, 50 goal scorer, flying everywhere and throwing huge hits. He did it all in those early years. It's too bad he couldn't sustain that.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
JR's first 5 or 6 years were the most exciting 5 or 6 years from any individual Hawk in my lifetime. And it's probably not even close really. Amazing talent, 50 goal scorer, flying everywhere and throwing huge hits. He did it all in those early years. It's too bad he couldn't sustain that.
His prodction and speed dropped off after the knee injury on the Derrian Hatcher hit.

Gretzky had warned Roenick to not play so physical, he might have been right on that

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If the Hawks won a Cup in the 90’s then his number could justifiably be retired.

He was the first Hawks superstar to me as a kid and he was filthy in the videogames which helped my adoration for him.

I met him last year when he was selling his whiskey. Very nice guy.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Roenick would put you through the boards and could bomb it post in. He was the last 70's throwback that became a star. Havlat was the same kind of game breaking talent that was worth the price of admission because he could do something special. Toews Hossa and Sharp were really good but they were typical north south talents. Very effective but kinda boring. Kane was a lot of fun and incredibly gifted but he slowed hockey down in a way that nobody else could. Havlat and Roenick were extremely skilled and played like their hair was on fire. Injuries changed Roenick and they ruined Havlat.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Thats not what you said. You said Oduya had more of an impact. You're an idiot if you think that.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Yeah I think the team needs to pump the breaks on the jersey retirements but they kind of shot themselves in the foot with putting Hossa up.

Jersey retirements should be ultra rare. You're removing a number from the rotation for the rest of time and there are only 99 numbers, with 99 being retired league-wide already.

Personally, I like players being able to wear the numbers of their childhood heroes. That's cool. You shouldn't be so quick to take that away from the next generation of players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad