Player Discussion Jeff Skinner

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I admire Skinner absolutely losing his shit on the bench about Okposo being elbowed last night. I also appreciate that he didn't get a misconduct or something.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
I know it has been discussed, but I still don't understand how this guy scored 37 points in 110ish games under Kruger. I mean I thought he was unsalvagable.

To come back under Granato and score 121 in 134 games is unbelievable. Kudos to both him and Granato. (probably a little/huge amount of credit to Tage too).

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
I know it has been discussed, but I still don't understand how this guy scored 37 points in 110ish games under Kruger. I mean I thought he was unsalvagable.

To come back under Granato and score 121 in 134 games is unbelievable. Kudos to both him and Granato. (probably a little/huge amount of credit to Tage too).

Ralphus for you. He turned Dahlin into a turd as well

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm

i think Skinner is the reason along w granato for the success of tage Thompson.. i don't think skinner trusts many people but he trusts tage . that really lifts both and has shown mr selfish, no assist Jeff Skinner to be probably the best passer on the team and able to cover occasionally on D for his line mates.. He is not bored and fully engaged on every shift. clearly a rescued trauma victim.. Well done on his perseverance ( which he can never really let up being a salmon) as well as all who interact w him and tage.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Officially a true ppg (82 point season) player this year. Wow. 82 points and nearly 50 assists. What a year. And to think 75% of this board wanted nothing more then to buy him out.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Officially a true ppg (82 point season) player this year. Wow. 82 points and nearly 50 assists. What a year. And to think 75% of this board wanted nothing more then to buy him out.
I have always liked Jeff. My wife LOVES him. He is what he is, and if you use him right he gives you top line production, draws penalties, and yaps yaps,yaps.

He was paid 1 to 1.5 AAV to much on his contract, but that's what they had to do given he was a UFA in Buffalo, and they desperately needed good players.

Great year Jeff!

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
He'll score 30 2 more times in his career.
He’s a goal scorer. Never a doubt that he’d have a couple more productive seasons. Didn’t know he’d have career high in points.

He and Tuch work very well together. I think this will be a thing for a few years.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012

I stopped posting for a few years because the team was so bad you couldn’t have a discussion about anyone. Any conclusion you tried to draw, any metric you attempted to use was immediately worthless because Buffalo’s coaching staff was so far off the scale in a lack of competency. That’s born out around the playoffs this year with ex-Sabres everywhere playing great hockey.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
This is sooooo obvious, said it months ago

Eichel prefers Olofsson

Olofsson is consistent. Jack knows where he'll be, he can play off him so much better than Skinner

And from Krueger's view, Olofsson can be trusted. He's not the best defensively, but the effort is there. He can be trusted to give it his all, and for the most part, be where he's supposed to be.

Skinner is none of these things.
Jesus Christ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad