Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | The Final Countdown

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: 48 hours after the SCF; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration)
Team-Elected Arbitration: 48 hours after the SCF
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: July 1st
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vector

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Assuming we re-sign Blueger for 2mil (big assumption), and Silovs at 1mil (one way?) we have about 21mil to fill 1W, 1x LHD, 2x RHD, and 3W.

Guentzel 9.5mil
Zadorov 5.25mil
Tanev 5mil
Myers 3mil
Joshua 3.75mil

That’s a total of 26.5mil. AND that’s WITH Mikheyev getting traded. Something’s gotta give!

I’d be more tempted to be giving up on Guentzel and re-signing the rest, but it doesn’t seem like that’s the present plan. That would mean Joshua and one of Zadorov or Tanev isn’t realistic.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Go look at Schultz’s plus/minus. He was like -30 and all the other defensemen on Seattle were above or around 0. Not saying the stat is great but it’s pretty telling in that context.

Reactions: Lindgren

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Assuming we re-sign Blueger for 2mil (big assumption), and Silovs at 1mil (one way?) we have about 21mil to fill 1W, 1x LHD, 2x RHD, and 3W.

Guentzel 9.5mil
Zadorov 5.25mil
Tanev 5mil
Myers 3mil
Joshua 3.75mil

That’s a total of 26.5mil. AND that’s WITH Mikheyev getting traded. Something’s gotta give!

I’d be more tempted to be giving up on Guentzel and re-signing the rest, but it doesn’t seem like that’s the present plan. That would mean Joshua and one of Zadorov or Tanev isn’t realistic.
I think a lot rests on getting Guentzel for 8.25x8 instead of 9.5x7.

And yeah, no zadorov.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Go look at Schultz’s plus/minus. He was like -30 and all the other defensemen on Seattle were above or around 0. Not saying the stat is great but it’s pretty telling in that context.

Schultz is a weird player - his first year wherever he’s gone has always been pretty good … and then it gets worse and worse and worse.

Probably pointless discussion since he had a bad end in Pittsburgh with JR etc.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Schultz is a weird player - his first year wherever he’s gone has always been pretty good … and then it gets worse and worse and worse.

Probably pointless discussion since he had a bad end in Pittsburgh with JR etc.
I actually have always liked him but something went really wrong last year. Who knows, perhaps he was injured.

Ya, probably a non starter. But he is from BC, and he may have signed in Seattle to be close to home, so it wouldn’t shock me. He’d be a good 6, 7, 8th type guy.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Because Lindholm had such a terrible regular season, he pretty much has to go explore UFA to maximize what he lost in leverage there huh?

Re: Schultz, the time to do the 'BC Boy' thing was when he was a college free agent. He preferred the doomer era Oilers.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Because Lindholm had such a terrible regular season, he pretty much has to go explore UFA to maximize what he lost in leverage there huh?

Re: Schultz, the time to do the 'BC Boy' thing was when he was a college free agent. He preferred the doomer era Oilers.
The Canucks would not guarantee him playing time the Oilers did.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

The Canucks will be shopping in the bargain bin, so he's probably one of the only right-side guys you'll get at sub-$3M AAV. He's in the bin with some other pretty bad names, or you're looking at a trade. Or starting Juulsen as your bottom right-side guy. Pick your poison, I guess, but they should add one more NHL-quality defender on that side, assuming they actually sign Myers, or they need two.

Looking at this God-awful list, I'm actually surprised Myers would take ~$3M AAV here. He could probably get a good bit more. Also Carrier is gonna get paid, he's the only decent guy on the list well under 30.

Last edited:

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
could we get barclay goodrow for cheap after the rangers buy him out?

coming off a 4 goal rs, but also a 6 goal playoff run. would he be willing to sit on his free money and sign a one year for cheap to build his value back up?

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Blueger has averaged 5 goals per season for the last 2 years.

Not sure he should really be a priority.

I would give Sasson a shot. He is cheaper.

He is also fleet of foot and has a decent hockey IQ.

Reactions: Chiripa20

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I’m choosing to feel optimistic tonight - things went quiet on Hronek and then his contract came out of the blue.

We heard last week the Canucks were gearing up to take one last run at Zadorov…and it’s been quiet ever since.

Maybe no news is good news? One can hope.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
With Big Z likely gone, wouldn’t mind bringing back Cole for 1 x 2M, we need some size on the back end and Cole brings a veteran presence, was solid in the regular season and the 1st round (bad in the 2nd round). Not the quickest but is solid & heavy, over an 82 game regular season is capable of logging hard minutes effectively.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr4legs

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Blueger has averaged 5 goals per season for the last 2 years.

Not sure he should really be a priority.

Blueger’s too small to be effective offensively, wouldn’t mind bringing in a guy like Stephenson, an upgrade on Blueger but a down grade on Lindholm, perfect for the 3rd line.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Did Alvin really mention McWard pushing for a roster spot?

What a weird guy to be enamored with (going back to the start of last year and him almost making the roster). No standout physical traits, middling college production, and his AHL production says he should be back down in Abby next year.

I don't mind Juulsen as the number 6 guy to start the year (especially if they're trying to squeeze in a big name UFA), but they'll need to find another player they can trust in the 7th role, as the 7th dman is often a 50-60 game player.

Number 6 in the 2025/2026 season ideally should be going to Willander anyways, so a stop gap there isn't the end of the world.

Reactions: racerjoe and Hodgy

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

coming off a 4 goal rs, but also a 6 goal playoff run. would he be willing to sit on his free money and sign a one year for cheap to build his value back up?
I don't know but don't overrate guys on a short sample size. 16-6-2-8 this playoffs, but prior to this season his playoff record is 81-6-10-16.

• Wow
Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
I’m choosing to feel optimistic tonight - things went quiet on Hronek and then his contract came out of the blue.

We heard last week the Canucks were gearing up to take one last run at Zadorov…and it’s been quiet ever since.

Maybe no news is good news? One can hope.

Really depends on what the price is. Considering Zadorov probably will come in at around 5 million AAV, I'd much, much rather give someone like Tanev or Roy at 5.5-6 who are both legit shutdown defensemen that would be perfect on either the top pairing to play with Hughes or to form a shutdown pair with Soucy

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Did Alvin really mention McWard pushing for a roster spot?

What a weird guy to be enamored with (going back to the start of last year and him almost making the roster). No standout physical traits, middling college production, and his AHL production says he should be back down in Abby next year.
he's just posturing. He's in the process of negotiating for other RHD (such as Myers) so he carries on that it actually isn't a big deal organizational need they need splurge on because they have Noah already and this other kid named Cole coming up.

Reactions: tradervik

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010

it seems to be implied the Sharks will be acquiring the player on waivers (bypassing his modified NTC)

Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I’m also surprised they haven’t locked up Silovs yet - those sorts of deals have always been the “tidy business” that Allvin usually gets out of the way fairly quickly. I don’t think it’ll be much longer before something gets done.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
should van go after monahan for 3c? if blueger signs elsewhere or find a cheap righty centerman? like kevin stenlund? only 27 years old.

We still have nearly 19.5M of cap space once Poolman is LTIR’d./or if he gets moved as well to teams that need to hit the cap floor. Over 24M if Mikheyev is likely moved.People are really underestimating how much cap space we have.
If Mikheyev is moved we could literally overpay Guentzel 9.5M, Blueger 2.5M, Joshua 3.5M, Myers 3M Silovs 1M and still be left with 5.5 to sign 1-2 third pairing defensemen and a handful of fourth line forwards. Not saying that’s a smart path forward but we have room to work with

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad