Jeff Skinner turns down offer with Toronto

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019

Capture2.JPG

What are your thoughts? Would you have wanted Skinner on the Leafs next year?

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Skinner is a goalscorer.
Matthews is a goalscorer.
Marner as the playmaker may not even be here next year and even if he is, he’s no McDavid
We have struggled to get over the playoff hump year after year while the Oilers were 2 goals away from a Stanley Cup like 2 weeks ago

Does him picking the Oilers really surprise anyone? In his shoes, would you honestly pick us?

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Skinner is a goalscorer.
Marner as the playmaker may not even be here next year and even if he is, he’s no McDavid
We have struggled to get over the playoff hump year after year while the Oilers were 2 goals away from a Stanley Cup like 2 weeks ago

Does him picking the Oilers really surprise anyone? In his shoes, would you honestly pick us?
Tre should have sold him on playing in the mecca of the hockey world. Instead he used a knife and the Oilers used a gun.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Skinner is a goalscorer.
We have struggled to get over the playoff jump while the Oilers were 2 goals away from a Stanley Cup

Yeah, I’m gonna say Skinner probably didn’t give two shits that he’d be on a line with another goal scorer or that our playmaker may be gone.

I’m sure he made his choice entirely on where these two clubs are respectively in terms of winning a Cup.

That said, who cares. It’s Jeff Skinner. Not like we lost out on Draisaitl in FA or something like that.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Yeah, I’m gonna say Skinner probably didn’t give two shits that he’d be on a line with another goal scorer or that our playmaker may be gone.

I’m sure he made his choice entirely on where these two clubs are respectively in terms of winning a Cup.

That said, who cares. It’s Jeff Skinner. Not like we lost out on Draisaitl in FA or something like that.

On a 1 year contract I garauntee who he’s going to play with was a factor. He’s trying to set himself up this year for probably his last crack at a good money and term deal next offseason.

Who wouldn't rather play with McDavid over Matthews?

McDavid over anyone.

Reactions: ACC1224 and Petrus

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
The guy hasn’t played a playoff game, ever. The Cup must feel like a million miles away to him. He’s giving himself a shot. Why are people surprised?

Reactions: fahad203

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
On a 1 year contract I garauntee who he’s going to play with was a factor. He’s trying to set himself up this year for probably his last crack at a good money and term deal next offseason.

McDavid over anyone.

Jeff's Estimated Career Earnings
Tooltip
:$76,714,146

Don't think landing any more big money contracts is the main thing for him at this point of his career. He likely wants a cup now or the best chance at one.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Jeff's Estimated Career Earnings
Tooltip
: $76,714,146

Don't think landing any more big money contracts is the main thing for him at this point of his career. He likely wants a cup now or the best chance at one.

Who he’s playing with, chance to win, and positioning himself for his last pay day are all factors. As I said in my initial post here.

You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think he’s angling for a lucrative final deal before retirement.

Reactions: ACC1224

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Who he’s playing with, chance to win, and positioning himself for his last pay day are all factors. As I said in my initial post here.

You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think he’s angling for a lucrative final deal before retirement.

I do agree that he's looking to have a big year and then have a team like Utah or Seattle offer him a multi-year deal at double the caphit. Does he stay in Edmonton past 1 year? Doubt it.

Reactions: Sypher04

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Play with McDavid and Draisaitl or Matthews and Marner? Wonder if Skinner consulted with Hyman.
Wonder if Hyman has Skinner involved in some kind of accident to protect his spot on the gravy train.

Cheap scoring forward. I would rather take Tomas Tatar at the $1.8. Not quite as brutal defensively.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Almost is only good in horseshoes and the like....

There is no silver medal in NHL

Win a series or two does nothing for the team. No one cares about how many playoff series you have won over the years. Just win Lord Stanley. We have seen teams make a run , win a bunch of series and then the following year miss the playoffs.

Reactions: Confucius

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad