Proposal: Jeff Skinner for Tavares

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Girgensons will be the next Sabre to win a cup with some other team doesn't help that the Sabres fans love to jet decent players for their roles and pretend like they are problems.

The same culprits were already talking about getting rid of Cozens. Always blaming the players on the team that have no problems playing well when they aren't on the Sabres.
Girgensons is simply a very replaceable player someone with an entry level contract can take his place.

No team is winning the Sc or doing anything because of him at this point of his career.

It's been a nice run but it ends for all players.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Girgensons is simply a very replaceable player someone with an entry level contract can take his place.

No team is winning the Sc or doing anything because of him at this point of his career.

It's been a nice run but it ends for all players.

Girgensons would be a welcome addition to just about every 4th line in the league. Guy is a downright excellent event-suppression player (unfortunately for his team as well as the opponent).

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
With skinner 9 million of dead cap in the AHL that will take the leafs out of contention even with Power running the 2nd pair behind Rielly, Mathews will 99% pull a Lindros and not play until he’s traded. I’m a huge leafs fan but if the leafs acquired Skinners cap hit I’d bet every cent in my account that Mathews sits out no matter how massive the ammount of futures attached to him.

I was half joking but LTIR does not mean dead cap in the AHL. You can go above the cap. And Power would be your 1st pair D man, if not this year, next. I think you are underestimating how elite Power is -- something Buffalo fans do too. The kid is 21 and has 12 goals and 59 assists in 163 games playing tough minutes on a crap team. He plays 22 to 23 minutes a night. His possession starts are good, considering the minutes and spots Buffalo puts him in. There is just no way he is being traded just to dump Skinner's contract.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I was half joking but LTIR does not mean dead cap in the AHL. You can go above the cap. And Power would be your 1st pair D man, if not this year, next. I think you are underestimating how elite Power is -- something Buffalo fans do too. The kid is 21 and has 12 goals and 59 assists in 163 games playing tough minutes on a crap team. He plays 22 to 23 minutes a night. His possession starts are good, considering the minutes and spots Buffalo puts him in. There is just no way he is being traded just to dump Skinner's contract.
Would be a stupid trade for Buffalo but Toronto can’t do it either

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad