Confirmed with Link: Jeff Skinner, $3M x 1 year

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
As a Buffalo fan I have only one thing to so. IF you can keep Skinner happy you have a good goal scorer on your hands. If Skinner gets unhappy? That is another story.
If he can handle not being a powerplay priority and is willing to put the effort in on the defensive side of the systems play, he should be fine

Reactions: Oilhawks

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
Oilers should sign this kid

61ca9b14-3639-4957-9c4a-643be1c253b7_text.gif

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Kane has to be out now right? There’s no way that RNH, Hyman, Arvidsson, Skinner and Kane all play wing for this team.
I'm not sure if you could trade Kane right now because it would be higher risk for the team that traded for him and I am not sure if league rules allow you to trade a player with serious injury?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Love it. Hope we can get deals like this more often as a contender. Guys signing at a discount looking for redemption, and will come in fully motivated.

Arvidsson is a good skater. We'll see on Skinner I guess.

Skinners thing has always been speed and agility no? Heard a million times when he won the Calder over Hall about his figure skating background. The wart in his game is how he plays zero defense. Don't think you want Kane and Skinner on the same line.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
I feel like today jj made a point of making sure the top 2 lines have better wingers. I.e. Make sure Drai is happy so that he will re-sign.

I really liked what henrique brought to the team. He played really well in the playoffs. A calm presence when he was on the ice. Would have liked him back. I doubt we can sign him now, but I wish him well where ever he ends up, until they play the Oilers.

Reactions: MoontoScott

smytty

Aug 1, 2015
I'm not sure if you could trade Kane right now because it would be higher risk for the team that traded for him and I am not sure if league rules allow you to trade a player with serious injury?

Injuries must be disclosdd and there will be a physical/exam from the other teams doctors, but injured players can be traded, ie. Jack Eichel, 90% of Arizona's cap hit over the last 20 years

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Injuries must be disclos3d and there will be a physical/exam from the other teams doctors,but injured players can be traded, ie. Jack Eichel, 90% of Arizona's cap hit over the last 20 years
Thanks, wasn't sure about that. I know that in the past there have been claims about non-disclosure but it can be a difficult thing to prove especially with less serious injuries.

I doubt Kane is going anywhere but we shall see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad