Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
it was back in November just before the heritage classic. he played injured all year.

There isn't much to complain about with the team so the usual suspects are just getting nasty and personal now. They are addicted to hate.
We had the best season in decades and have had the best offseason in decades. Yet, the usual suspects who are seduced by hate and depression, have to find someone or something to rip to shreds brutally. It's garbage and f***ing pathetic. Makes me angry

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
We had the best season in decades and have had the best offseason in decades. Yet, the usual suspects who are seduced by hate and depression, have to find someone or something to rip to shreds brutally. It's garbage and f***ing pathetic. Makes me angry
I have said for years, if we won the cup the usual suspects would still be complaining about the team. These people aren't fans, I don't consider them fans, I know my opinion is worth anything, but this complaining ***** can **** off as far as im concerned, get out here with the shitting on the players.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
It’s PTSD from the DOD there is no other explanation. We are by far the favorite in the west as it stands today. We were 2 goals from a cup. We added two top six wingers and only lost Foegele VD and Carrick from our team. This is by far the best Oiler team that most people have seen and others haven’t seen since the glory days.Kane has his warts but this seems like attack Kane day today.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
I honestly think the reason the vets wanted Perry back was to keep Kane in line. There really is no valid other reason.
How asinine can a take be? How more obvious of an irrational bias can one appear to take than to convince themselves that surely they paid someone 1.4 million dollars (going over cap) just to keep an eye on Kane? How obtuse do you have to be as an "Oiler fan"?

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
And this post is based on what?

Evander Kane is the man who got his clothes thrown into the shower in his last days in Winnipeg by his Jets teammates. He went to Buffalo, put up good numbers and got dealt for NOTHING just to get him away from those players off-ice. He was as publicly trashed by teammates in San Jose as any NHL player EVER is. It's not just about his problem gambling or messy divorce. Anna Kane is not his only accuser and the rest of his behavior completely falls in line with that of an abusive douchebag, whether or not she is also a loon.

Elliotte Friedmann says the Oilers relationship with him is currently "nasty". He's getting into fights with players on camera, during the game, who are blatantly accusing him of being lazy. Which, you know, he obviously is anytime he doesn't get to play with top-six players. He's the dude who complains about his icetime to the media during a 16 game win streak while he is completely worthless shift by shift. Oilers can't win a game and he's scoring though? Big smiles.

There's a justified quote that sums up Evander Kane. You meet an asshole that day? You met an asshole. You meet assholes all the time? You are the asshole.

He's so obviously a problem of a human being and the Oilers are going to be the fourth organization to flush him. Be it trade or LTIR. The latter suits him fine, I'm sure, since he doesn't want to show up for work most of the time.
Shut the f*** up

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
At least the negative posters keep things interesting. What else are we gonna talk about for the next couple months? How much Draisaitl is gonna get on his next contract?

People with a negative (or a positive) bias about certain players can get annoying, but it can be interesting picking apart players and trying to think of ways to make the team better.

Being dead honest, if there’s any posts that make me roll my eyes and keep scrolling it’s the personal insults and drama. We’re just Oilers fans talking hockey, be respectful

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
giphy.gif

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
And this post is based on what?

Evander Kane is the man who got his clothes thrown into the shower in his last days in Winnipeg by his Jets teammates. He went to Buffalo, put up good numbers and got dealt for NOTHING just to get him away from those players off-ice. He was as publicly trashed by teammates in San Jose as any NHL player EVER is. It's not just about his problem gambling or messy divorce. Anna Kane is not his only accuser and the rest of his behavior completely falls in line with that of an abusive douchebag, whether or not she is also a loon.

Elliotte Friedmann says the Oilers relationship with him is currently "nasty". He's getting into fights with players on camera, during the game, who are blatantly accusing him of being lazy. Which, you know, he obviously is anytime he doesn't get to play with top-six players. He's the dude who complains about his icetime to the media during a 16 game win streak while he is completely worthless shift by shift. Oilers can't win a game and he's scoring though? Big smiles.

There's a justified quote that sums up Evander Kane. You meet an asshole that day? You met an asshole. You meet assholes all the time? You are the asshole.

He's so obviously a problem of a human being and the Oilers are going to be the fourth organization to flush him. Be it trade or LTIR. The latter suits him fine, I'm sure, since he doesn't want to show up for work most of the time.
Are you Anna Kane? What the flying f*** is wrong with you?

This place is a complete shit show right now. When we should be happy, the usual deluded ones have come out.

Some of the people who are spewing garbage out right now the last few pages were not even here during the Cup Run. I can name them right now quite easily but I think all of us know who they are.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
People chill imo.

It's just opinions, and doesn't change Kane's charity work. People value different things in sports. I think the game is 90% mental, and we can all agree his teammates yelled at him. If they are losing it on the bench, it's fair to question if it's worse in the room. There was real frustration there imo
It's also all too easy to see one blow up on the bench and assume that the whole relationship is poisoned.

Kane's problem in my eyes is his injury problem. That's what's caused him not to play and why we've seen his name in discussions on how to get under the cap.

Reactions: Canovin

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
I missed most of this topic regarding Kane and don't really feel like going back but he's been excellent the two previous playoff runs. A healthy Kane vs Florida most likely would of been enough to tilt that series in our favour

A little confused why they didn't opt for surgery during the regular season. Seems very short sighted. Heard rumours of Kane not wanting too but that doesn't make sense

I personally would love to see him LTIR for a bit and come back 100% with a absolutely stacked forward group

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I missed most of this topic regarding Kane and don't really feel like going back but he's been excellent the two previous playoff runs. A healthy Kane vs Florida most likely would of been enough to tilt that series in our favour

A little confused why they didn't opt for surgery during the regular season. Seems very short sighted. Heard rumours of Kane not wanting too but that doesn't make sense

I personally would love to see him LTIR for a bit and come back 100% with a absolutely stacked forward group
Yes the goal needs to be to ice a full roster by putting Kane on LTIR but fudging things however we can to make sure he comes back game 1 of the playoffs

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
It’s PTSD from the DOD there is no other explanation. We are by far the favorite in the west as it stands today. We were 2 goals from a cup. We added two top six wingers and only lost Foegele VD and Carrick from our team. This is by far the best Oiler team that most people have seen and others haven’t seen since the glory days.Kane has his warts but this seems like attack Kane day today.
It's not PTSD, it's f***ing sports. It's a game. Time for those posters to get over it.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
With Kane common sense dictates it's somewhere in the middle. Ppl don't just do a 180. Alot is PR posturing.

Zach Kassian was just seen at golf tourney suckin back cold ones.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

My feeling is that both him and the team figured he needed to be there to help them get to the playoffs.

Maybe a better start to the season and he would have gone on LTIR. Who knows though

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Much like PP points they do seem to be disregarded by a large number of people. I have never understood it myself a point is a point is a point. If that point helps the team win WTF does it matter if it’s EV PP PK or in this case in November. The team with the highest score at the end of each game wins. Also just to add to this Kane was one of the only players with a pulse at the start of the year.

Post was funny too in the sense that “only” 7 of the 16 games he scored in were against playoff teams.

Half the teams in the league don’t make the playoffs, so yes, that ratio makes sense.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I still really like the idea of a Kane-McLeod-Holloway line come playoff time. McLeod's a perimeter player, but he's generally a good 2-way player and back checker, and a solid penalty killer. I think having two high intensity physical guys will make his perimeter play much less obvious. Lots of speed on that line as well.

To me the Oilers are built more like a two 1st line, two 3rd line kind of team where the top 2 lines play similar minutes and the bottom 2 lines play similar minutes rather than the traditional 4th line playing limited minutes. Should increase the amount of juice guys can bring each night with the 5 on 5 minutes spread more evenly, and the bottom 2 lines (+ Nuge and Hyman) covering PK minutes and a bit of PP time for a few of them.

Reactions: Duke74

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I could never find the exact Gregor quotes on Kane being out of shape to start the year. If that's true though, he basically costed the team the cup by not being committed. Even worse if he avoided having to do mid-season surgery/rehab because it would have been more difficult than just pain management and sitting out.

If any of that is true, there has to be a lot of resentment from the org and teammates. And yeah, would be the third team burned by giving him a multi-year deal. Some guys are only cut out for 1 year deals. He was great for us for 1 year, a contract/redemption season. Unfortunately, still 2 seasons until his next contract year now.
If Kane was out of shape to start the year what does that make everyone else? He was by far the best player on the team the first month.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Again, there's no real reason to deride Kane's character.

It's just not that difficult to see the poor fit for him in the long-term here. And if he's not injured enough to be placed on LTI until March 1st at the very least, when his NMC turns into a partial NTC, the Oilers will probably have to move multiple pieces from their roster, stripping it of necessary depth.

I may be in the minority here, but Ryan McLeod is probably a more valuable roster player than Evander Kane at this point. Having to replace both he AND one of either Ceci or Kulak with league min players so we can run Kane in the bottom six is how we remove some of the depth JJ just added to this roster days ago.

With Kane common sense dictates it's somewhere in the middle. Ppl don't just do a 180. Alot is PR posturing.

Zach Kassian was just seen at golf tourney suckin back cold ones.
If you're not shitfaced, are you even golfing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad