Jeff Marek no longer with Sportsnet - Unknown why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Knowing whatever we know of Elliotte, he will wait for Jeff to say his peace.
That's true, but I wish he wasn't like that and could be straight up with his listeners.

I think you can "let Jeff say his peace" and not keep everyone in the dark for months with literally no mention of something everyone notices.

If Jeff wanted to say his peace, he could've said something by now too. Doesn't have to get into every detail either if he can't say that much.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That's true, but I wish he wasn't like that and could be straight up with his listeners.

I think you can "let Jeff say his peace" and not keep everyone in the dark for months with literally no mention of something everyone notices.

If Jeff wanted to say his peace, he could've said something by now too. Doesn't have to get into every detail either if he can't say that much.
They don’t do the podcast through the summer anyways.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Elliotte needs to be more transparent.

He's said absolutely nothing and left everyone in the dark over why his popular podcast stopped.

He's going to continue it with someone else most likely, but he should've released a statement like a few days later saying "Jeff has left the podcast, we are working on figuring out what comes next, please stay tuned" or something, and everyone would've taken it in stride.

The mystery and acting as if everyone should ignore the obvious abnormality that they literally stopped the podcast for no apparent reason with no explanation is weird.

An NDA might be involved here.

Reactions: ps241

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Have to think Matt Marchese gets an expanded role in Jeff's Absence. Maybe JD Bunkis.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I don't mind Marek, his radio show gets some good guests so there will be a void there if someone capable doesn't step up in his place. He had this weird thing where he'd bring up Radek Faksa over and over again that got annoying.

He's much better than Kypreos, I don't like that show at all.

Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

Evergreen

I don't mind Marek, his radio show gets some good guests so there will be a void there if someone capable doesn't step up in his place. He had this weird thing where he'd bring up Radek Faksa over and over again that got annoying.

He's much better than Kypreos, I don't like that show at all.
I actually like both 32 Thoughts and Real Kyper and Bourne for different reasons. Probably my top 2 podcasts. It's a shame Marek is leaving. I appreciated his unique view on things.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
An NDA might be involved here.
An NDA doesn’t keep you from giving very basic details that you left a job and what might be coming next.

They don’t do the podcast through the summer anyways.
For the most part, yes, but that they didn’t do a post draft podcast, a pre July 1 podcast, and then a post July 1 podcast is abnormal.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I actually like both 32 Thoughts and Real Kyper and Bourne for different reasons. Probably my top 2 podcasts. It's a shame Marek is leaving. I appreciated his unique view on things.
I didn’t like his, “analogies”, that went sideways, with no substance,
also didn’t like,
this reminds of a story, (please don’t tell it, please don’t tell it, damn it, tells it), and I’m just hoping for Elliotte to pipe in, and get back on topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morpheus

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
An NDA doesn’t keep you from giving very basic details that you left a job and what might be coming next.

For the most part, yes, but that they didn’t do a post draft podcast, a pre July 1 podcast, and then a post July 1 podcast is abnormal.
There was only 2 days between the draft and UFA, and Elliotte had already said the post-draft would be solo because Jeff was traveling a day early - which he still could have done on July 2, so he must have been told by someone not to do it.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Bummer. That was the best hockey pod in the business. My brother is more of a casual fan and he listened to it regularly.
I checked it out for the first time during the playoffs and I thought it was like listening to paint dry. Maybe it’s more exciting during the regular season when there’s more to talk about?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Marek seems too nice to warrant a firing on any grounds outside performance.

He’s only okay at his job, but he’s a smart guy with seemingly good character.

My last listen 32Thoughts I felt like there was some heat between him and Friedman. They were arguing about something, and Marek 100% disagreed with it, but seemed to hold back. My guess is Friedman has something to do with this. Or SN cost cutting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad