Confirmed with Link: Jeff Gorton will Speak Jun 27 5:30pm ET (2:30pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think this is dumb. What do you expect him to say the day before the draft? Media and gullible fans will want more out of this than what will be provided. It's probably going to be cheap talk.

Post draft will give us better context IMO.

Always great to hear Jeff Gorton talk. Love listening to him and pick up his brain.

I agree but the day before the draft? I rather see it post draft. Fans and Media are going to want too much from this (pre draft). Think about the dumb questions that will be asked that he can't answer?

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
I think this is dumb. What do you expect him to say the day before the draft? Media and gullible fans will want more out of this than what will be provided. It's probably going to be cheap talk.

Hughes is going to speak Friday evening after the 1st round

Reactions: NicRattlehead

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hughes is going to speak Friday evening after the 1st round

Oh I know and post draft is something I am very interested in. Pre draft? It's going to be a lot of talk we already heard bud.

Imagine the questions. Will you trade up or down and are we drafting BPA or Need? :facepalm:.

What I will say is if you want a question asked that you feel is a good one, post it here now. I am certain members of the media take sneak peeks on our boards to get some ideas sometimes.

• Haha
Reactions: GrandmaCookie

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.

I agree but the day before the draft? I rather see it post draft. Fans and Media are going to want too much from this (pre draft). Think about the dumb questions that will be asked that he can't answer?

Sure. It’s dumb… but we also spend our time reading these boards, watching random people give an opinion on Youtube & waiting for mock drafts. I’m here for the entertainment.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
There is more than the draft to talk about. Of course with the draft being tomorrow it’s on everyone’s mind, but free agency also starts in 4 days. Montreal has some key RFA’s in Xhekaj and Barron. It seems they have too many defenceman, especially on the left side, are they looking at trading any of them. Slafkovsky is also eligible to get a new contract in 4 days as well.

Reactions: Canadienna

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sure. It’s dumb… but we also spend our time reading these boards, watching random people give an opinion on Youtube & waiting for mock drafts. I’m here for the entertainment.

I value what we say and talk about vs what Gorton can't say. Let me know how it goes, I'm going to play some golf.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
There is more than the draft to talk about. Of course with the draft being tomorrow it’s on everyone’s mind, but free agency also starts in 4 days. Montreal has some key RFA’s in Xhekaj and Barron. It seems they have too many defenceman, especially on the left side, are they looking at trading any of them. Slafkovsky is also eligible to get a new contract in 4 days as well.

Gorton's answers...

1) Sure, we will look at some UFA's and see if it fits or not

2) Slafkovsky has one more ELC to play. Maybe we can find a long term extension or bridge this summer. Or we wait till next summer. Can't dig into this much with fans/media.

3) Yup, we have been talking with other teams on some trades and yup, we have a lot of LD's. Can't speak any further than that.

Gorts should lay off the Mexican food before these things....He always looks like he's fighting off a burp while he's talking.

He's got a bit of a bobble to his head movement too.

Reactions: Chr1s97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad