Confirmed with Link: Jean-François Houle Parts Ways with Habs/Rocket to Coach at Clarkson University

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Should Houle be brought back?

• Yes

Votes: 32 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 72 69.2%

• Total voters

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Good question but it can happen.

Eric Veilleux was name the HC + GM of the Victoriaville Tigers in 2016 and 2 months latter during the summer, he sign with the San Antonio Rampage

Big difference in that Veilleux moved up by going to the pro ranks and Houle would be be taking a step backwards........not gonna happen if Houle's goal is to be in the NHL at some point as a head coach.

• Wow
Reactions: nicehiss

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Clarkson University? Who the f*** chooses that over the Habs AHL affiliate? Weird

Reactions: Oryxo

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I guess he felt his career wasn't progressing enough in the AHL, it's true he's been there for a good long while now without sniffing the NHL, almost 10 years. He was an assistant in Clarkson for a pretty long time early in his career, so this might also be a return to source kind of thing. Job and life quality wise, it's a lot easier to be in the NCAA, especially in that conference.

Last edited:

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I guess he wanted to focus on winning games and build a program instead of developing players. Makes sense I guess.

I'm indifferent on him. Thought we had players develop down there fairly well or the players that got sent down like Armia and Xhekaj came back looking good. He was a Bergevin hire though. I'm excited to see who they bring in to replace him.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I guess he felt his career wasn't progressing enough in the AHL, it's true he's been there for a good long while now, almost 10 years. He was an assistant in Clarkson for a pretty long time early in his career, so this might also be a return to source kind of thing.

He also studied and played there.

This is definitely a return to source + job security kind of thing. Also more coaching freedom in NCAA as you're not a farm team.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He also studied and played there.

This is definitely a return to source + job security kind of thing. Also more coaching freedom in NCAA as you're not a farm team.
Short season. very little travel, you get to recruit your own players. If you don't see an opening for you in the NHL, it's certainly a very sweet deal. Life in the AHL is pretty hard, more than people imagine.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It's his alma mater. Also, college coaching is more prestigious than it seems from the outside.
Yeah for basketball and football coaches. Low chance there’s any money to be made for hockey. It’s more about job security I would think since they get fired less often than AHL coaches.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad