Post-Game Talk: Jazz

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Wasn't the brouhaha this offseason was that he gave the Rangers a list of teams he was willing to be traded to, teams that couldn't make a move for him.
The brouhaha was caused because Drury (supposedly) made a deal with Detroit, then asked Trouba to submit his list early (just to be sure Detroit was on the favorable list. When word got out about the proposed deal, Trouba (or his agent) waited until the deadline day to hand in the list and made sure the rumored team was not on it.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I atill dont see how shesty is worth 12m? If he doesnt put up at least .975 than he aint worth 50% more than swayman.

Miller might be the dumbest hockey player to ever play for the rangers. So much potential, so much physical attributes, so little brain cells.

I am perfectly fine if he is the cap casualty for keeping our overpaid goalie.

Refs blew.

Kakko with a point!

Zib is just… well awful.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Two games without Lindgren, two games with good underlying numbers.
Right. People want to fixate on the miller mistakes but ignore that the overall game was excellent. There’s more good than bad with Miller and that’s what matters. It’d be cool if he could stop reversing the puck to the other team though

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
What are our thoughts on Mancini so far? You can see his mobility is really good and he’s shifty for a bigger body. Definitely Trouba’s replacement when Dr Trouba’s residency ends

Reactions: majordomo

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
That OT is on Mika 100%. Everyone had a man and Mika is looking directly at his man and is literally skating away. f***ing threw away an amazing save by Igor there.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That OT is on Mika 100%. Everyone had a man and Mika is looking directly at his man and is literally skating away. f***ing threw away an amazing save by Igor there.
Yeah, that was a particularly egregious blown coverage. One where I don't understand how it happens at this level.

It's one thing to lose a guy when there's speed, movement, or he just comes at you and beats you. Keller was behind the net doing nothing and Zibanejad just got out of his way.

Reactions: UnSandvich

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

He's pretty clearly intentionally staying between Keller and Sergachev because he doesn't want to pressure Keller and have him give it to a wide open Sergachev between the circles. You can see him look up around 59.7 and 59.0 seconds to see Sergachev. He probably expected Miller to come over to Keller. He didn't know Lafreniere may have been able to get to Sergachev because he was directly behind him.

Probably the wrong decision, and would have been better off pressuring Keller considering he's the best player on the team, but let's not act like he was just standing around being lazy. That's clearly not what happened. You'd think this would be an obvious thing the coaches would point out and tell him (and everyone) what they want done in this situation.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Yeah, that was a particularly egregious blown coverage. One where I don't understand how it happens at this level.

It's one thing to lose a guy when there's speed, movement, or he just comes at you and beats you. Keller was behind the net doing nothing and Zibanejad just got out of his way.

Agree. I'm watching it again and maybe Zibs thinks that his man is the third guy high? Which is strange because Miller is covering the direct pass and and if he expects Miller to beeline to the puck, Zibs can't cover for Miller and Laf is hanging around high too. I dunno. Crap way to lose letting a guy walk in like that.

He's pretty clearly intentionally staying between Keller and Sergachev because he doesn't want to pressure Keller and have him give it to a wide open Sergachev between the circles. You can see him look up around 59.7 and 59.0 seconds to see Sergachev. He probably expected Miller to come over to Keller. He didn't know Lafreniere may have been able to get to Sergachev because he was directly behind him.

Probably the wrong decision, and would have been better off pressuring Keller considering he's the best player on the team, but let's not act like he was just standing around being lazy. That's clearly not what happened. You'd think this would be an obvious thing the coaches would point out and tell him (and everyone) what they want done in this situation.

Why is he expecting Miller to leave his man to pressure there? There's no way he's expecting Miller to pressure while he's skating AWAY from the play. Zib is a center. His job is to pressure low with the D.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Mika needs to be demoted for a few games. If John Cooper can do it with his guys, Laviolette should be able to do it with Zibanejad.

Igor has to be better too.

Love the other lines.

This team needs an upgrade at LHD, especially one that can move the puck out of their own zone.

Reactions: DevilDog99

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
Miller is too stupid with the puck on his stick .Way too unreliable and has bad turnovers way too much.He also sucks defensively and gets lost in coverage far too easy.He has the hockey sense of a peanut
And he hasn’t gotten better in how many seasons. I wouldn’t sign him again- he is a liability everytime on the ice and his offense is WAYYYYY overrated.

i am doing a new thing, the opposite of the three stars of the game… called, my three Mika’s of the game:

1. Mika obviously
2. Miller
3. McCauly

Miller had a Horrible game. Trouba is also still a f***ing idiot in his own zone
I thought Troubs had a solid game.

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
4th line center. Quite a lot of money for that position.
It could make him waive or maybe put him in the press box for a few games, healthy scratch
Who knows
At the very least, his ive time seems to be going down. Hate seeing him in OT though or to start a period. I said it in the offseason, I consider that to be our third line. Pending Chytils health.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I’m sure he cares and hates sucking but he just sucks ass. You can’t will yourself into not being cheeks
he doesn't care as much as he once did.... and that's the difference. It's effort in training/off-ice things. He got paid, has a full NMC and is a husband and dad. It is what it is.

He's a United States Postal worker now.... can't get rid of him... no matter how bad he is

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Yeah I don't know what you guys watch, but I sign Miller to 6 per today. Games are long. Mistakes happen. You know what bad players/pairings don't do? Dominate their matchups. Miller and Fox are killing their opponents right now and that is having a trickle down effect. Keep em together. Trade Lindgren. Or shoot him to the sun. I don't care I just know I don't want to watch him anymore on this team.

Mika has started every season he has ever played slow. I'd be lying though if I wasn't a little worried.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Agree. I'm watching it again and maybe Zibs thinks that his man is the third guy high? Which is strange because Miller is covering the direct pass and and if he expects Miller to beeline to the puck, Zibs can't cover for Miller and Laf is hanging around high too. I dunno. Crap way to lose letting a guy walk in like that.

Why is he expecting Miller to leave his man to pressure there? There's no way he's expecting Miller to pressure while he's skating AWAY from the play. Zib is a center. His job is to pressure low with the D.

Well generally you play the pass and let the goalie handle the shooter. It may have been a bad read but it certainly wasn’t a lazy play. It’s pretty easy to understand what he was trying to do whether or not you agree that it was the right decision. I don’t think it was the right decision but I’m not going to pretend he just quit on the play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad