Prospect Info: Jayden Struble Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Yeah Struble can play that right side just fine and he also paired with Barron just fine.
The fact that he can play both sides is great for us.
There was a montage of his greatest hits in the NCAA showing a great number of them coming while he was patrolling RD.
I'm saying to myself our management group has to be aware of this.
I think now that he's got his feet wet at this level we will see more of it this season.
He definitely won a spot especially since we might need to dress 7 D if Xhekaj get kick out of game.

Reactions: overlords

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I liked Struble a lot yesterday, his aggression is so refreshing to see. As long as Struble can play the right side, for me he's better than Mailloux or Barron at this point. I'm starting to lose a bit of faith in Barron, but I think Mailloux has some good runway ahead of him to develop and take off.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Trust me both Hughes & MSL hate with vitriol any player who prescribes to retribution play - they both view hockey from an academic perspective if you will and don’t care for down & dirty hockey
There is no reason to believe that they "hate with vitriol" any player who prescribes to retribution play. I would bet money that they believe that it plays a necessary role but they are not old school troglodytes in the manner in which they think it should be managed.

You need to step up and show push back which doesn't have to involve maiming a player but there is a need for a statement to be made and a line drawn in the sand. Anyone who has played the game at a relatively competitive level would have experienced this and would understand the effect that it has on the bench.

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I've dismissed and overlooked this guy all summer. He beat out Xhekaj last year. He made Harris redundant (and I really like Harris). Now he's outplayed all the contenders this camp.

At some point the Habs have got to give this guy the reins. He's earned it.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I've dismissed and overlooked this guy all summer. He beat out Xhekaj last year. He made Harris redundant (and I really like Harris). Now he's outplayed all the contenders this camp.

At some point the Habs have got to give this guy the reins. He's earned it.
He’s a keeper. In the game against the Senators, Struble played physical, showed good mobility, offensive vision and a strong first pass.

I suspect that in the Laine transaction, Columbus inquired about Struble and settled for Harris. I think Hughes did very well to retain Struble, who plays hard and has a leadership role written all over him. And I like the very underrated Harris.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Struble is a phenomenal athlete. Didn't become a one sport, just hockey, guy until he was 17. I actually think his ceiling could be 2nd pairing. I wasn't crazy about his decision-making when I watched him play at Northeastern but it's gotten way better. He has simplified his game for the NHL, which I guess he realized he had to do to make it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad