Value of: Jason Zucker

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Andreas Johnsson ($3,2m) for Jason Zucker ($5,5m)? Johnsson has been better this season, but Zucker could be a better fit for the Devils. Zucker is couple years older than Johnsson, but I don't think that Johnsson is a future piece for the Devils, so it would be okay to trade him for a older player. Both are UFAs in 2023.

But maybe Fitz can find better ways to spend money.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Andreas Johnsson ($3,2m) for Jason Zucker ($5,5m)? Johnsson has been better this season, but Zucker could be a better fit for the Devils. Zucker is couple years older than Johnsson, but I don't think that Johnsson is a future piece for the Devils, so it would be okay to trade him for a older player. Both are UFAs in 2023.

Done . Although zucker had his best game of the year the other night , he has looked lost 99 percent of the time. He won't be back next season

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

No.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Some don't look to the left when they research. Zucker who has been around a .5 player the whole time. Since becoming a Penguin, injuries/Covid shorten seasons and such where he's playing 30 something games. He had 40+ point the very year (2019/20) they traded for him in just 60 games. 18 in 38 games and 13 in 31 this year.

He gets literally next to no #1PP minutes. Zucker is a luxury not a negative asset.

The Pens won't have to pay to trade him because, somewhere else he won't be a luxury and he'd be a top PP unit guy more regularly for some teams.

I have no issue pushing depth down the lineup.

Reactions: Russian Factor

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Some don't look to the left when they research. Zucker who has been around a .5 player the whole time. Since becoming a Penguin, injuries/Covid shorten seasons and such where he's playing 30 something games. He had 40+ point the very year (2019/20) they traded for him in just 60 games. 18 in 38 games and 13 in 31 this year.

He gets literally next to no #1PP minutes. Zucker is a luxury not a negative asset.

The Pens won't have to pay to trade him because, somewhere else he won't be a luxury and he'd be a top PP unit guy more regularly for some teams.

I have no issue pushing depth down the lineup.

He won't be a top PP guy on any good teams, and bad teams aren't going to pay you to acquire a depth forward on a meh contract when they usually get paid to take on those types of guys. This seems like a classic Zucker + 2nd to Arizona for a 7th deal.

StIvany4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
He won't be a top PP guy on any good teams, and bad teams aren't going to pay you to acquire a depth forward on a meh contract when they usually get paid to take on those types of guys. This seems like a classic Zucker + 2nd to Arizona for a 7th deal.

Not a negative asset

Given the contract, more so the type of player someone could have for free than a player Pittsburgh pays to get rid of

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Brandon Saad had a .57 ppg pace in the three seasons before landing his 4.5m deal with a bunch of term and a full NMC.

Jason Zucker is currently on a .55 ppg pace for this season and the two preceding. In essence, the acquiring team gets Brandon Saad, give or take, except he a) costs 1m more (bad) b) comes with a shit ton more contract flexibility (good, particularly if the aim is to give him juicy minutes and flip him at the deadline for more assets).

I feel reasonably confident some GM will be happy to do that without a bribe.

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
Hes literally top 5 in guys with underperforming sh%. Hes been frustrating but very well could break out and pile the goals up. This happens sometimes to even good players. Now it also might not, but its worth it for us to risk it rather than selling him off for a terrible return. The gamble that he breaks out is worth more than selling low basically

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I am fairly confident that Zucker can be traded and it will not be a negative asset deal. He only has one year remaining at 5.5 mil. People need to realize what 5.5 mil gets you in the league now and it is a player like Zucker.

And when that team is only signing up for one year, it can be a homerun if he comes in and plays well with more PP time, produces more and they can trade him at the deadline with retention. He is also from all accounts a great locker room guy.

And what I mean is that the Pens will not be adding high end picks to trade Zucker. It may be for a lesser player that makes less cap. or for just a draft pick thus to open up cap space for the Pens.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
I can't help but think with the previous connection to Zucker and Burke, the Flames might give the Pens a call depending on acquisition cost, salary/retention. I wouldn't mind Zucker to be a bit of a continuation of the annoying Coleman type player we are playing on the right side. I'd much rather the Flames pony up for a legit top 6 RW, but if the price is right and he's cheap, I wouldn't lament a Zucker type guy to be basically another Lucic on the right side and get rid of meh guys like Pitlick, Lewis and Ritchie. But I would understand why Pittsburgh would be more interested in keeping him if the price was too low.

Losing hands wise... if Lucic is an example of someone who has been inexplicably randomly sniping stuff, there might be some hope for some scoring increase if we acquire Zucker.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I can't help but think with the previous connection to Zucker and Burke, the Flames might give the Pens a call depending on acquisition cost, salary/retention. I wouldn't mind Zucker to be a bit of a continuation of the annoying Coleman type player we are playing on the right side. I'd much rather the Flames pony up for a legit top 6 RW, but if the price is right and he's cheap, I wouldn't lament a Zucker type guy to be basically another Lucic on the right side and get rid of meh guys like Pitlick, Lewis and Ritchie. But I would understand why Pittsburgh would be more interested in keeping him if the price was too low.

Losing hands wise... if Lucic is an example of someone who has been inexplicably randomly sniping stuff, there might be some hope for some scoring increase if we acquire Zucker.

If Zucker ever gets healthy and off the Penguins, I’m sure he goes back to being a 45-50 pt player.

Reactions: Figgy44

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I really thought Zucker would do well on the Pens. When I watch him, he looks like he is playing a good two way game, but that hunger and drive to score goals is gone. Mike Yeo would be so pleased.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If there was a deal based around either Labanc or Simek going for Zucker, I'd be interested in pulling that off but I doubt Pittsburgh would have much interest in either even if Zucker wouldn't return much.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I really thought Zucker would do well on the Pens. When I watch him, he looks like he is playing a good two way game, but that hunger and drive to score goals is gone. Mike Yeo would be so pleased.
Too soft, he is straight line player and stays out of the scoring areas more than usual. His shot is only average and while he has good speed he seems to lack intensity when it matters. His time.and experiment in Pitt is almost over .

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Brandon Saad had a .57 ppg pace in the three seasons before landing his 4.5m deal with a bunch of term and a full NMC.

Jason Zucker is currently on a .55 ppg pace for this season and the two preceding. In essence, the acquiring team gets Brandon Saad, give or take, except he a) costs 1m more (bad) b) comes with a shit ton more contract flexibility (good, particularly if the aim is to give him juicy minutes and flip him at the deadline for more assets).

I feel reasonably confident some GM will be happy to do that without a bribe.
Incorrect. Zucker has 31 points in his last 69 games played. Not to mention a minus 7. Simply not good enough for a player making his salary. If you need a math lesson I'd be glad to help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad