Value of: Jason Zucker to CBJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
What would it take for Columbus to acquire Jason Zucker's RFA rights from Minnesota? He seems to be an ideal candidate for Columbus to target via trade this offseason, and it would make some sense for Minnesota to move him since he would return nice value and they're rumored to be breaking up their core.

As discussed in the CBJ's offseason thread, it looks as if we are a top-6 winger and top-6 center short of being able to better compete for the division. Acquiring another top-6 center seems to be a bit difficult for a variety of reasons, but bringing in another scoring winger is more feasible with the assets we would be willing give up.

Would Minnesota have any interest in Boone Jenner (RFA) and/or Sonny Milano as part of a deal for Zucker?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
What would it take for Columbus to acquire Jason Zucker's RFA rights from Minnesota? He seems to be an ideal candidate for Columbus to target via trade this offseason, and it would make some sense for Minnesota to move him since he would return nice value and they're rumored to be breaking up their core.

As discussed in the CBJ's offseason thread, it looks as if we are a top-6 winger and top-6 center short of being able to better compete for the division. Acquiring another top-6 center seems to be a bit difficult for a variety of reasons, but bringing in another scoring winger is more feasible with the assets we would be willing give up.

Would Minnesota have any interest in Boone Jenner (RFA) and/or Sonny Milano as part of a deal for Zucker?
I'd rather keep Zucker. My guess is that if any of Zucker, Nino or Coyle are traded they'll be packaged for a forward upgrade (e.g. Forward + 1st for Kessel). I wouldn't hate trading one of them for a younger player that has a legitimate shot at eventually developing into a better player than we're giving up, but I don't think it's realistic. And I don't think Jenner or Milano fit the bill.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Milano might be a bust and Jenner is a decent middle 6 player whose 30 goal season was probably his peak.

I'm asking for Alex Wennberg+ if I was Minnesota.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Does nothing for Minnesota. Middling players and busting prospects are not enough to warrant trading Zucker.

Either target high end potential young player (hard to find those available in trade) or target a clear upgrade at forward in a package.

Reactions: Bazeek

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Milano might be a bust and Jenner is a decent middle 6 player whose 30 goal season was probably his peak.

I'm asking for Alex Wennberg+ if I was Minnesota.
Last year at the same time MN fans would have been falling all over themselves to make this deal. Now, not so much, especially after Wennberg signing that long term deal, which doesn't look so hot in light of his production. Hard to tell if he is a #3C, or a borderline #1/2C.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Well offer something that isn't insulting next time. In other words, you showed your ass first. Believe it or not, for all their politeness, MN fans actually know a bit about hockey.

I didn't offer anything nor did I start this thread, sir/maem. Just pointing out you can reject offers without throwing stones and being incorrect.

Believe it or not, despite what you're insinuating, Columbus fans know hockey too! Crazy, right?

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Ryan Murray
Sony Milano

For

Jason Zucker
Nick Swaney

I've never heard of Nick Swaney before, but if Ian Cole re-signs with us, this is a trade worth considering. If not, then I don't think we can afford to move Murray.

Werenski-Jones
Cole-Nutivaara
Kukan-Savard

That looks a lot better than:

Werenski-Jones
Nutivaara-Savard
Kukan-Harrington/Carlsson

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Not even remotely interested in either as the main piece. Maybe Wennberg+Milano gets us interested.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Not even remotely interested in either as the main piece. Maybe Wennberg+Milano gets us interested.

Why would any deal involving Wennberg even be considered by Columbus? That would leave us with a center depth of Dubois-Dubinsky-Sedlak-AHLer....barf

Can we actually have a discussion about Zucker’s value that would fit the needs of both teams?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Why would any deal involving Wennberg even be considered by Columbus? That would leave us with a center depth of Dubois-Dubinsky-Sedlak-AHLer....barf

Can we actually have a discussion about Zucker’s value that would fit the needs of both teams?

Sure, can you manage to offer anything that actually moves the needle for us? I mean, Milano is an okay prospect but not nearly enough. Murray? What the f***? Jenner? Lol nah.

As far as I'm concerned, Wennberg and Dubois are the only pieces that entice me to move Zucker. You want quality? You have to offer quality.

Reactions: BuiumSaveUs

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

None of the things you have mentioned fit the Wild's needs. If we trade Zucker we'll be trying to upgrade.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

For both teams, eh? Probably not considering Columbus needs a top 6 winger and Minnesota needs an upgrade in the top 6.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Man you'd think after having success of recent people would have any idea about CBJ players but still no... PLD for Zucker is hilarious and people mentioning Wennberg should read about his season instead of peak box scores... he played hurt and sick majority of the season and when he was actually healthy he had a great run. He's a 2c on a great contract for his expected output.

Not saying anything about what was offered or asked for from Minnesota fans because I personally have no interest but just say no thank you...

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Fine. They want one of our 30 goal scorers then they should offer up someone who scored 30 goals for them this year. But wait, they have no 30 goal scorers. Certainly not Jenner or Milano. There’s no point in trading Zucker unless an upgrade is coming back. And let’s be honest here, we all know the players that would be considered upgrades on Zucker (Panarin, PLD, etc) were never going to be offered. The other pieces just aren’t worth it to me.

So I guess I’ll say “no thank you.” :rolleyes:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Fine. They want one of our 30 goal scorers then they should offer up someone who scored 30 goals for them this year. But wait, they have no 30 goal scorers. Certainly not Jenner or Milano. There’s no point in trading Zucker unless an upgrade is coming back. And let’s be honest here, we all know the players that would be considered upgrades on Zucker (Panarin, PLD, etc) were never going to be offered. The other pieces just aren’t worth it to me.

So I guess I’ll say “no thank you.” :rolleyes:

no? Jenner isnt?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180603-172828.png
    Screenshot_20180603-172828.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 12

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016
no? Jenner isnt?

He hasn’t cracked 20 goals since then.

I’d only trade Zucker in a package for an upgrade at forward, adding Jenner doesn’t help our team get to the next step. He’s a nice player but with our depth on wing he doesn’t exactly fit. I doubt with the position both of our teams are in we are good fits for trading partners.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Looking at CBJ roster, the actual need might be at center. Top 9 wingers are plenty.

PLD (rookie) is the only valid piece there. You d want 30goal and 20 goal centers at minimum to compete.

A center like Danton Heinen should be better target than Zucker.

Reactions: OnanTheBarbarian

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
He hasn’t cracked 20 goals since then.

I’d only trade Zucker in a package for an upgrade at forward, adding Jenner doesn’t help our team get to the next step. He’s a nice player but with our depth on wing he doesn’t exactly fit. I doubt with the position both of our teams are in we are good fits for trading partners.

I understand that, but that wasn't what you said, I merely pointed out the error...

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Looking at CBJ roster, the actual need might be at center. Top 9 wingers are plenty.

PLD (rookie) is the only valid piece there. You d want 30goal and 20 goal centers at minimum to compete.

A center like Danton Heinen should be better target than Zucker.
Wennberg will be fine at 2C or 3C if we get crazy lucky for an upgrade. He was hurt and played through it most of the year because how weak it is. People forget PLD didn't start playing C until 20 games in and that was only because we were stuck playing Jenner and Fligs as our Cs due to injury. This year is not a year to base Wennbergs play on. His stats has shown except this year it was trending up every year and once he hurt his back it was a rough year. If he continues down the line with back problems sure but right now it should be fine.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad