Value of: Jarome Iginla

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Can we have a sticky that reads:

Avalanche would move him but Jarome Iginla isn't waiving his NMC, stop making proposals regarding him. Thank you.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Shouldn't really be a thing unless the Avalanche are out at the deadline and he states he wants 1 last chance at a cup.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
He IS the massive hole at RW.

Its astonishing how many people still think he has value. I wish Sakic could find a GM that watches Avs games as much as posters here do.

I would do Wideman for Iginla. Outside of that, I'd have little to no interest in him. Although I'd imagine the Av's may want to clear some space in a potential deal.

McArthur

May 26, 2010
Hockey Heart Land

Its astonishing how many people still think he has value. I wish Sakic could find a GM that watches Avs games as much as posters here do.

haha, maybe. that's kind of why I ask. it's a curious question. I think he'd be good in a line 3-4 role in the playoffs. can't see him on special teams too much unless he starts the season on a new team. He must be close to retirement... carries a larger cap hit given present production.... 3rd round pick? 2nd if Colorado is better than 10th at the deadline?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Statistically his worst season ever last season... last year of his contract and he's 39 years old. Does Colorado even consider it with the massive hole they have at RW?

Iggy's a bum. No one is going to trade for him.

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
Statistically his worst season ever last season... last year of his contract and he's 39 years old. Does Colorado even consider it with the massive hole they have at RW?
I'm glad you noticed ignila worst season ever, yet missed every thread about him that he is very adamant about finishing his career in Colorado. I wish he would but it's not gonna happen

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
haha, maybe. that's kind of why I ask. it's a curious question. I think he'd be good in a line 3-4 role in the playoffs. can't see him on special teams too much unless he starts the season on a new team. He must be close to retirement... carries a larger cap hit given present production.... 3rd round pick? 2nd if Colorado is better than 10th at the deadline?

In the unlikely scenario that Iginla waives his NMC, what the Avs want back depends on the trade. If the other team is willing to take full salary, during the offseason probably a mid/late pick. If the Avs take back salary or retain, the price might go up.

McArthur

May 26, 2010
Hockey Heart Land
I'm glad you noticed ignila worst season ever, yet missed every thread about him that he is very adamant about finishing his career in Colorado. I wish he would but it's not gonna happen

oh, is that what he said? because it's so much easier to say....
"I don't have much faith in my team this year..."
"All I want for Christmas is a new team to play on..."
"I would really like to play roe-sham-bow with my agent for getting me to sign this contract..."
"I really like my taxes in Colorado..."
"If I played for a different team... i'd wake up, rock my wife in a 3 way at the bunny ranch, and score 50 goals again..."

Of course he's gonna say...

"we have no off ice issues here"
"I like that i'm the only NHL calibre natural RW on our team, at 39 I've found the fountain of youth in the form of Gatorade/biosteel" (whoever pays him more to say Gatorade or biosteel)
"after practicing once or twice with Trent Vogelhuber, I really feel we have no holes in our organization."

or even...

"Pat has tought me soooo much more about my game and how to improve it, that i'm thinking I might finish the season in net.... Then I can be a better defensive player on all 4 lines... because i'm only 39... And I can spend more time with Trent Vogelhuber..."

Last edited by a moderator:

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
oh, is that what he said? because it's so much easier to say....
"I don't have much faith in my team this year..."
"All I want for Christmas is a new team to play on..."
"I would really like to play roe-sham-bow with my agent for getting me to sign this contract..."
"I really like my taxes in Colorado..."
"If I played for a different team... i'd wake up, rock my wife in a 3 way at the bunny ranch, and score 50 goals again..."

Of course he's gonna say...

"we have no off ice issues here"
"I like that i'm the only NHL calibre natural RW on our team, at 39 I've found the fountain of youth in the form of Gatorade/biosteel" (whoever pays him more to say Gatorade or biosteel)
"after practicing once or twice with Trent Vogelhuber, I really feel we have no holes in our organization."

or even...

"Pat has tought me soooo much more about my game and how to improve it, that i'm thinking I might finish the season in net.... Then I can be a better defensive player on all 4 lines... because i'm only 39... And I can spend more time with Trent Vogelhuber..."

His family is happy here, he's looking beyond the end of his career.

Last edited by a moderator:

McArthur

May 26, 2010
Hockey Heart Land
"even though I still have a place in St. Albert... I can smoke more pot in Denver!"

His family is happy here, he's looking beyond the end of his career.

so kinda those 2?

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
Well we found the bitter "e-town" fan that is mad at iggy for roasting his team for 15 years. Let's wrap it up

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
He was adamant. He's made it very clear to everyone who asks he hated moving his family around and wanted to settle somewhere. It's not just the standard "sure I like playing here" he says he's not doing it to his family. He's been flat out asked if he'd ever waive and said no. Now we get it, say things aren't looking good in February and Sakic approaches him and says we have a deal for you to go to X contender and he doesn't have to move his family for the short run if he doesn't want to, maybe. Who knows. But at this point he's as good as stuck. He's sort of semi-retired as it is and it seems like he's kinda content with that.

It's just funny all these threads come up and our fanbase is pretty much in agreement we'd LOVE to move him for a pick. There's really not even anything to debate. I'd personally hope they'd retain and up the value of a pick. A second or third sounds fantastic. They could probably get a decent replacement with half retained.

It's pointless for a team to acquire him and not use Iginla on special teams, that's really the one advantage he has left. He'd probably be fine as a third wheel on a scoring 3rd line on a deep contender. He can still shoot the puck, it's just everything else... He's still a great guy, nice to have around. I'm sure everyone wants to see him win the Cup. i do too. I'd also for once like the Avs to turn something into an asset but I'm not holding my breath.

McArthur

May 26, 2010
Hockey Heart Land
He was adamant. He's made it very clear to everyone who asks he hated moving his family around and wanted to settle somewhere. It's not just the standard "sure I like playing here" he says he's not doing it to his family. He's been flat out asked if he'd ever waive and said no. Now we get it, say things aren't looking good in February and Sakic approaches him and says we have a deal for you to go to X contender and he doesn't have to move his family for the short run if he doesn't want to, maybe. Who knows. But at this point he's as good as stuck. He's sort of semi-retired as it is and it seems like he's kinda content with that.

It's just funny all these threads come up and our fanbase is pretty much in agreement we'd LOVE to move him for a pick. There's really not even anything to debate. I'd personally hope they'd retain and up the value of a pick. A second or third sounds fantastic. They could probably get a decent replacement with half retained.

It's pointless for a team to acquire him and not use Iginla on special teams, that's really the one advantage he has left. He'd probably be fine as a third wheel on a scoring 3rd line on a deep contender. He can still shoot the puck, it's just everything else... He's still a great guy, nice to have around. I'm sure everyone wants to see him win the Cup. i do too. I'd also for once like the Avs to turn something into an asset but I'm not holding my breath.

holy diplomacy! I didn't realize this topic has been beaten to death. he'd be perfect with what we got going on here right now. I was curious. I usually try to avoid the trade boards...

Redline

Feb 26, 2003
boardroom
Visit site
I'll try and attend an Avalanche game during a late season western Canada trip, preferably in Calgary if he lets it known he's hanging them up. Might be a tough ticket to find under those circumstances though.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland

Yes he is, but that shot though and the possibility of him having the Briere like stepping up in the playoffs if we get there

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
What are you talking about? The Pens first line would be Kunitz Crosby Iginla with him in the lineup! :sarcasm::cry:

bylsma1_330.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad