Value of: Jared Spurgeon to the Leafs at the draft.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Realistically? Matthews
Unrealistically? Kapanen+2nd; Johnsson+3rd; Kadri; Liljegren+Brown... Pick your poison.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
We want Spurgeon, but he is too old, too small, too expensive, a RFA, doesn‘t score enough and we have cap issues.
So, what is your super nice discount price?

Wow, never heard before...

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I personally would prefer Marner signed to 8 years/6.5 AAV.

A right wing for a borderline #1 RD? Outrageous. If we’re trading Spurgeon it’s for a center and the only good center the Leafs have is Matthews.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
At the risk of giving the thread life, I still don't think Kapanen + Liljegren would be a super insulting offer. We'd probably have to have a conditional something going back if Spurgeon doesn't sign though.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
A right wing for a borderline #1 RD? Outrageous. If we’re trading Spurgeon it’s for a center and the only good center the Leafs have is Matthews.
Lol. The hits just keep on coming. Look I'm not saying these two teams hook up in a trade for JS but if he doesn't resign in Minnesota and they discussed trade with Toronto 100% Matthews name would never come up. Let's get real here.....

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
TOR fan proposes Spurgeon deal. MN fan attempts to belittle them. TOR fans berate MN fans. MN fan gets upset.

Yeah I didn’t see any belittling or berating for that matter, but it’s still the same old song and dance as every one of these threads before. Leafs fans think they can artificially devalue other teams players and get them for much cheaper, and those other teams fans have no interest in playing that game.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Yeah I didn’t see any belittling or berating for that matter, but it’s still the same old song and dance as every one of these threads before. Leafs fans think they can artificially devalue other teams players and get them for much cheaper, and those other teams fans have no interest in playing that game.
Well you do have an interest in playing apparently thinking Spurgeon is worth Matthews or saying they wouldn't trade him for Marner at 8 x 6.5 because he plays RW. There isn't a gm in the league that wouldn't move Spurgeon for Marner

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Well you do have an interest in playing apparently thinking Spurgeon is worth Matthews or saying they wouldn't trade him for Marner at 8 x 6.5 because he plays RW. There isn't a gm in the league that wouldn't move Spurgeon for Marner

Yep, Marner doesn’t play center, no dice.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
A guy with 1 year left on his deal limits his value. That’s all it seemed like the Leaf fans were saying, MN crew then acted as if they already discussed everything Spurgeon with the Wild’s management team which is always special.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Yep, Marner doesn’t play center, no dice.
Lmao. So you trade another winger if you got Marner. It would cost Spurgeon++ to get a sniff of a Marner deal. He would instantly be Minnesota's best forward AINEC

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
A guy with 1 year left on his deal limits his value. That’s all it seemed like the Leaf fans were saying, MN crew then acted as if they already discussed everything Spurgeon with the Wild’s management team which is always special.

Yeah and we’ve been down this road many times. We’re not interested in trading him and all signs point to us re-signing him. There’s no sense discussing his value with one year left because there’s no reason to think he’ll be traded with one year left at this point. Thus, if teams want to discuss trading for him, it should be as a player who will be signed to an extension. Because that’s what he is to us.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Lmao. So you trade another winger if you got Marner.

Nah just seems like making trades for the sake of making trades. We should just address our need with our most valuable asset (Spurgeon), and that need is a center (Matthews).

If you don’t like it we’ll look elsewhere. I wonder if MacKinnon or Point are available...

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Nah just seems like making trades for the sake of making trades. We should just address our need with our most valuable asset (Spurgeon), and that need is a center (Matthews).

If you don’t like it we’ll look elsewhere. I wonder if MacKinnon or Point are available...
Your evaluation of Spurgeon's value is laughable

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
For the sake of doing something other than bickering, let's propose two different scenarios:

A.) Fenton and Spurgeon see eye to eye on an extension and have a handshake agreement on a $6.5m x 5 year deal that'll be signed on July 1st.

B.) Initial contract talks do not go well and Fenton suspects that he'll have to move Spurgeon. He'd like to do this earlier rather than later because he knows trade options after the draft will be more limited.

Let's assume Kyle Dubas is a wizard and knows exactly which of these is true. What would/should he offer in Scenario A? What would/should he offer in Scenario B?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
For the sake of doing something other than bickering, let's propose two different scenarios:

A.) Fenton and Spurgeon see eye to eye on an extension and have a handshake agreement on a $6.5m x 5 year deal that'll be signed on July 1st.

B.) Initial contract talks do not go well and Fenton suspects that he'll have to move Spurgeon. He'd like to do this earlier rather than later because he knows trade options after the draft will be more limited.

Let's assume Kyle Dubas is a wizard and knows exactly which of these is true. What would/should he offer in Scenario A? What would/should he offer in Scenario B?

They won’t play scenario A, I’ve tried. And if they do it’ll be marginally better than B, and they’ll say it’s only marginally better because he only has one year left.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
They won’t play scenario A, I’ve tried. And if they do it’ll be marginally better than B, and they’ll say it’s only marginally better because he only has one year left.
Going by previous threads that's about what I expect, but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad