Confirmed with Link: Janmark 3x1.45

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
In fairness, he was a 4th liner all regular season but he was also quietly good especially defensively all season even though the offensive numbers weren't there. 1.45m is solid 4th line money in a rising cap world so he's worth a good deal more than that if he plays like he did in the playoffs and at worst he's worth that money if he plays like he did in the regular season. Getting him and Brown locked up at 2.45m is about as good as we could ask for although I wish Brown was signed for an extra year or two.
I think that Janmark is a solid 3rd line player and a 4th line role reduces his effectiveness just because of the limited ice time. Granted I was one of a few Janmark (and Brown) supporters during the regular season so maybe I am a bit biased.
Ultimatley though I think that playing Janmark less than 10 minutes a night (like a 4th liner) would be a mistake.

Well the fact that he's spent the entire year as a 4th liner, including in the playoffs where he was 12th among forwards in ESTOI would make me think that he'll be a 4th liner moving forward.
I manitain that he was misused in the regular season.
Playing Janmark less than 10 minutes TOI would be a mistake IMO.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Had me a wee bit worried there.

A bit of a raise, but one that I personally have no issues with.
A bit high, but one could justify it. He's better than an average 4th liner.

You can be pessimistic all you want. Fact is Kane was still effective for the majority of games this season with a sports hernia. He'll be effective with a summer to recover/have surgery, and there's no need to rush him back if he's not ready for start of season. The signings of Arvidsson and Skinner have enabled that.

Now there's an argument that his money could be better spent on a 3C + Ceci upgrade, but there's also an argument to be made that he could be very effective on a line with someone like Holloway+McLeod or McLeod/Holloway and Perry, while giving the Oilers some physicality that they lack.

I think it really depends on Henrique's ask and what the market is on Ceci upgrades.
I feel Kane is slipping. He's barely a top 6 forward now and is pretty useless defensively. This should be his last year as an Oiler. If they can move him next summer, they should do it, unless he has a really strong season (like 30 goals).

Reactions: Oilhawks

TheGingaNinja

Edmonton Ex-Pat who still loves his hometown team.
Sep 26, 2019
Glad we got him locked up, very nice. Best FA period we've had in a while imo, with only the J. Brown signing being questionable...and if you're only questionable signing is a 7/8 D tweener, then youve had a pretty good day.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
There was better value available out there at these numbers. Too much term and too much cap for a guy who was one of our worst forwards during the season and might've caught a hot streak this playoffs.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
There was better value available out there at these numbers. Too much term and too much cap for a guy who was one of our worst forwards during the season and might've caught a hot streak this playoffs.
Disagree. Last season seems like the anomaly in his production dropping, and it normalized in the playoffs. Elite penalty killer when paired with Brown. Has always provided high defensive impact with low end 3rd line production. At 1.45M you aren't finding better than that.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Disagree. Last season seems like the anomaly in his production dropping, and it normalized in the playoffs. Elite penalty killer when paired with Brown. Has always provided high defensive impact with low end 3rd line production. At 1.45M you aren't finding better than that.
He had a PDO of 106.3 and oiSH% of 13.2% in the playoffs, including a 30% oiSH% on the penalty kill. Had a FF% of 43.79%, xGF% of 44.56%. Only HDCF% was decent at 52.11%. The anomaly IS the playoffs. If anything his regular season was the more "normalized" number relative to possession/shot metrics.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Janmark is the least Swedish looking Swede I've ever seen.

He looks like his mother gave birth in a Magnitogorsk steel plant
Lol. Shillington too. Doesn't look at all like a Swede and can't even spell his own name right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad