Post-Game Talk: Jan. 28, 2014 | Hawks leave Calgary with only one point

Status
Not open for further replies.

CS85

Tell 'em, Mean Gene!
Jun 27, 2011
Champaign, IL
www.bearsfansonline.com
It's been frustrating to watch this team throw feces at the wall and seeing none of it stick, but I think everyone can tell that their heart's just not in it at all. I sort of get it, what w/ the olympics and the break coming up. I'm willing to be angrily patient, I suppose, and let them play out this funk in due time.

Finish the Olympics while the few others take 3 weeks off. Get it out of their system, re-focus, and earn the playoff spot. If they fizzle out and miss the playoffs, however, they can look back to stretches like this one to see why. An inexplicable lack of desire and execution. The only guys that should be proud are the 4th liners who have distinguished themselves with aplomb.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
If they fizzle out and miss the playoffs, however, they can look back to stretches like this one to see why. An inexplicable lack of desire and execution. The only guys that should be proud are the 4th liners who have distinguished themselves with aplomb.

It boggles my mind that some see this as even possible.

I couldn't possibly be less worried about anything in the world.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
So much stupid in this forum lately. The Hawks are a great team playing mediocre hockey. The Hawks aren't entitled to beat anybody, and nobody loses all their games. They'll snap out of it. It's January.

CALM DOWN.

Nothingman*

Does everyone forget the Hawks of the two years previous to last year? A lot like what we are seeing now. Last year was not the norm as some people are acting. We have a couple pieces that need upgraded for sure.

Pirri's is not the answer either. It was nice not to see Zus but Pirri is just not the fit for that line.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
It shouldn't be much of a shock that a hardworking team beat a team that's looked disinterested all month.

But honestly, it's a long season. No one should ever expect wire to wire dominance.

Take a deep breath. There's plenty of time to recover from this slump.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
My biggest concern remains the team's defensive play which was also a concern when they were winning. I can't imagine a deep playoff run with the way they've played in their own zone the majority of the season.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Does everyone forget the Hawks of the two years previous to last year? A lot like what we are seeing now. Last year was not the norm as some people are acting. We have a couple pieces that need upgraded for sure.

Pirri's is not the answer either. It was nice not to see Zus but Pirri is just not the fit for that line.

That line doesn't make sense. So many other combinations to choose from, and using the second and third line - Bickell, Shaw, Versteeg, Kane, Pirri, Saad - we made what was clearly the worst possible combination against a hard working physical team.

Replace Shaw with Pirri. Boom.

Versteeg - Shaw - Kane
Bickell - Pirri - Saad

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yesterday was just a simple matter of nobody's floor being higher than anybody's ceiling.

I still get the impression that this is a team that honestly needs a swift kick to read end to wake them up.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL

This is exactly what I've been saying with a buddy at work. This team reminds me of the team that lost to the Coyotes a couple years ago. Shady team defense and questionable goaltending when it matters.

With that being said though, this is also mostly the same team as last year, so hopefully they just don't wait too long to flip the switch. I'm hoping they treat the time after the Olympics like they did the shortened season last year and return dominant and ready to fine-tune for their deep Cup Run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad