Value of: James van Riemsdyk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I don’t see anyone offering anything of value for his contract
I see this a lot, but just think, since the Flyers signed him:

138 games, 49g+44a=93pts

For 82 games, that paces for: 29g+26a=55 pts

JVR has been exactly as expected. Yes due to covid, his deal is now high but at the time the Flyers paid a bit more to make sure there was no NMC like usual UFA's get.

And just remember, a few years ago UFA's like Skinner got 9 million.

Some people just hate JVR but he is the same that he was in Toronto and replacing his 29 goals a year would not be as easy as some think.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

138 games, 49g+44a=93pts

JVR has been exactly as expected. Yes due to covid, his deal is now high but at the time the Flyers paid a bit more to make sure there was no NMC like usual UFA's get.

Some people just hate JVR but he is the same that he was in Toronto and replacing his 29 goals a year would not be as easy as some think.

JVR is definately a solid piece just his cap hit is hard to fit in for most teams. His term isnt bad with only 2 years left after this one.

I wish the leafs had cap space to bring him back as he is a really good PP player with good offensive talent. Hes the perfect 3rd line offense guy who plays on top PP in front of the net.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
JVR is definately a solid piece just his cap hit is hard to fit in for most teams. His term isnt bad with only 2 years left after this one.

I wish the leafs had cap space to bring him back as he is a really good PP player with good offensive talent. Hes the perfect 3rd line offense guy who plays on top PP in front of the net.
And the thing is, the Flyers have not even taken full advantage of him on the PP. the last 2 years with us he has 13 and 9 PP points compared to 18-22 the last 4 years in Toronto.

So yeah, JVR has been what was expected on the ice.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017

At risk of going off topic one horrifying overpay that might make the hall of fame of worst contracts in NHL history isn't a good bench mark for anything. Also I wouldn't say "UFA's like Skinner got 9 million" that implies that wasn't eye-popping insanity the second the ink dried, which it was, and that there were others of Skinner's ilk making 9, which their weren't.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
At risk of going off topic one horrifying overpay that might make the hall of fame of worst contracts in NHL history isn't a good bench mark for anything. Also I wouldn't say "UFA's like Skinner got 9 million" that implies that wasn't eye-popping insanity the second the ink dried, which it was, and that there were others of Skinner's ilk making 9, which their weren't.
Oh I agree.

But knowing the JVR got 5 years when UFA's were getting 6-8 AND JVR got no NMC, the Flyers paid a bit more in cap hit for not giving up those things. If there was no Covid, UFA contracts would have continued to go up. Well....all contracts actually.

But again, 29 goal and 55 points per 82 games, JVR has done what he was paid to do.

Reactions: BernieParent

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Here's an idea.....Seattle. That's the only way we unload him. With Covid and so many teams up against salary constraints, nobody will take on 7 million for JVR.

Reactions: Halla

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Next? Hayes?

Nah, Hayes is a hero around here because he texts the team in a WhatsApp message. The old guard need to go, because its their fault they couldn't drag the team to a Stanley cup while rebuilding, and kts their fault the coach continues to force a system he doesn't have the personnel to play.

Reactions: Legend123

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012

138 games, 49g+44a=93pts

I mean sure but teams still don't have cap room and the ones that do have it because they don't want to spend money.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
The Flyers aren't shopping JVR, but what player could be acquired via a trade for the 31 year old left winger. He is very good when he parks himself in front of the opposing goalie, that's where he gets his great tip-in goals.

James Neal and Kassian/Khaira for JVR

Reactions: Limeyjim

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad