Jakub Rychlovsky - anyone?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
He's Czech. He had a great season in the Czech league. He's 22.

If he pushes his way into the lineup it's a good thing.
I will counter with, if this cat can make the roster we are in for a world of hurt for '24-'25...

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Gustav Forsling was waived by the Hurricanes and picked up by the Panthers when he was 24. Development isn't linear. Players don't always fit into your little box.
Are we really going to be citing any and all successful rags to riches stories? And why Forsling? Why not Panarin? That's at least a fellow undrafted forward...

Forsling was drafted and traded twice before resurfacing in Florida.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Are we really going to be citing any and all successful rags to riches stories? And why Forsling? Why not Panarin? That's at least a fellow undrafted forward...

Forsling was drafted and traded twice before resurfacing in Florida.
Only one of us is putting expectations on this player. You are saying he's going to be bad, I am saying if he plays well enough to force himself into the lineup it's a good thing.
I have no expectations.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Only one of us is putting expectations on this player. You are saying he's going to be bad, I am saying if he plays well enough to force himself into the lineup it's a good thing.
I have no expectations.
I'm saying if some random 22yo not-quite-PPG in the Czech league player that was never on anyone's radar up to this point makes the Wings' NHL roster, then the roster is in dire shape.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I'm saying if some random 22yo not-quite-PPG in the Czech league player that was never on anyone's radar up to this point makes the Wings' NHL roster, then the roster is in dire shape.
Or, maybe he has a great offseason and is better than your boy Ehlers, erm, I mean Berggren.

More likely, he's a new Griffin.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Maybe.

I'm really having a hard time understanding what was so terrible about my initial post if you expect this guy to be in the ECHL.
"If he pushes his way into the lineup it's a good thing."

If our roster is in a state where this guy can push into the lineup? That's not a good thing. Good for him, I suppose, but not for the Wings. I would hope the roster is a little bit harder to crack. There's 4-5 guys in the AHL right now I'd rather see get a look first.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
"If he pushes his way into the lineup it's a good thing."

If our roster is in a state where this guy can push into the lineup? That's not a good thing. Good for him, I suppose, but not for the Wings. I would hope the roster is a little bit harder to crack. There's 4-5 guys in the AHL right now I'd rather see get a look first.
There's 2 lenses to view my statement. We have multiple young players on the cusp, and this free asset breaks through and exceeds expectations to surpass the known entities to make our lineup. The other is he sucks dicks and the known entities we thought we had are way worse than we thought and the Wings will be a dogshit team because this player made it.

My lens was the former. Your lens is the latter. If it's the former, it's a good thing.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
There's 2 lenses to view my statement. We have multiple young players on the cusp, and this free asset breaks through and exceeds expectations to surpass the known entities to make our lineup. The other is he sucks dicks and the known entities we thought we had are way worse than we thought and the Wings will be a dogshit team because this player made it.

My lens was the former. Your lens is the latter. If it's the former, it's a good thing.
That's a level of optimism that's been well and thoroughly beaten out of my Red Wing fandom over the last few years....

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
That's a level of optimism that's been well and thoroughly beaten out of my Red Wing fandom over the last few years....
I didn't make the statement with any semblance of optimism, it was a matter of fact. If he's in the ECHL so be it, if he makes the team due to exceeding expectations, cool beans - it's good. Says a lot about your outlook that you have such a problem with what I said, imo. Like what the f*** dude? Why so much pushback?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
1716768473390.png

I don't understand how disagreement with a statement is somehow indicative of having a problem and/or hostility.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Free asset, I don't get over hyped by these guys but older talent pressing younger talent doesn't bother me, like Ezekial said, development really isn't leaner, and some guys break out late. Especially, especially goalies though he's not one.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Walleye...

If Stevie sticks this kid in Toledo, he'll be the last Euro UFA that he ever signs. Euro's don't come to the US to play in a bush league.

More than likely he's a replacement for Hirose, ZAR, Czarnik, or Luff. They're all UFA.

I bet he'll stick out in training camp, because he'll me more motivated than the other prospects, especially considering how lackluster the prospects were last preseason (aside from Nate).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad