Jakub Rychlovsky - anyone?

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
We have one Czech article suggesting he may sign here yet everyone is talking like it's official. Am I missing something?
Word always leaks about these euro FAs, weeks or months it becomes official.

If we do sign him it's a good thing for bolstering GR scoring options. Whether or not Berggren is in Detroit or in Utah, he's not going to be in GR and that's a big loss for that team. Even if they add Danielson and Lombardi, Söderblom etc. improve they'll need help to keep being competitive.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Word always leaks about these euro FAs, weeks or months it becomes official.

If we do sign him it's a good thing for bolstering GR scoring options. Whether or not Berggren is in Detroit or in Utah, he's not going to be in GR and that's a big loss for that team. Even if they add Danielson and Lombardi, Söderblom etc. improve they'll need help to keep being competitive.

Utah is not a true expansion team, they will be treated as a relocation in terms of both draft order and waivers order. They are drafting 8th, likewise they are 6th in the waivers list starting the season based on final standings. I see Stevie trading him before waiving, but if he hits waivers, he'll more than likely be claimed by SJ, the first team in the pecking order.

Aside from Burger having to clear waivers, Luff, Hirose, ZAR, and Czarnik are all UFA, I definitely don't see ZAR coming back. So there will be space in GR. Danielson and Finnie are the only confirmed adds so far.

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
Utah is not a true expansion team, they will be treated as a relocation in terms of both draft order and waivers order. They are drafting 8th, likewise they are 6th in the waivers list starting the season based on final standings. I see Stevie trading him before waiving, but if he hits waivers, he'll more than likely be claimed by SJ, the first team in the pecking order.

Aside from Burger having to clear waivers, Luff, Hirose, ZAR, and Czarnik are all UFA, I definitely don't see ZAR coming back. So there will be space in GR. Danielson and Finnie are the only confirmed adds so far.
I think Finnie’s only options next year is the wings or back to WHL, he turns 19 this summer

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Rychlovsky was always getting an NHL contract this Spring. Heard Detroit had scouted him earlier in the season specifically, but nothing for at least 2-3 months.

First thing first? He passes the Yzerman, “can he play in traffic and create space” question we see from 90% of forwards he’s signed in both Tampa and Detroit. If people seen the garbage pail goal he scored recently, he has hands. He’s also probably more ready to play in a bottom 6 role than Berggren. With Mazur likely graduating, good bet though, he’d take his role in GR, but wouldn’t count him out from playing NHL games next season. He’s just a solid hockey player with NHL skills physically. Best case scoring wise though? It would come from rebounds and jumping on loose pucks.

He’s a good depth piece for their forward group if that’s the UDFA forward they choose to sign. There will be one coming up here.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
If Stevie sticks this kid in Toledo, he'll be the last Euro UFA that he ever signs. Euro's don't come to the US to play in a bush league.

More than likely he's a replacement for Hirose, ZAR, Czarnik, or Luff. They're all UFA.

I bet he'll stick out in training camp, because he'll me more motivated than the other prospects, especially considering how lackluster the prospects were last preseason (aside from Nate).
But we have so many prospects and GR also need some older guys

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017
"His nickname is “Rychlík,” and it's a fitting one. The translation on it is “speed,” and that's one of the dominant features of his game. He's an intelligent, instinctual scorer with a flair for showing up big and scoring goals. NHL teams are right to have interest in Rychlovský."

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
maybe it's a sign that some of those kids are expected to be in Detroit next year. Or dealt over the summer.
Or more likely Hirose's replacement, kids are pushing him down in lineup. I would imagine that he would want a bigger role.

Mazur - Kasper - "Czarnik"
Söderblom/Rychlovsky - Danielson - "Luff"
Rychlovsky/Söderblom - Lombardi - Shine
Johannes - Gettinger - Hanas
Doucet

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
maybe it's a sign that some of those kids are expected to be in Detroit next year. Or dealt over the summer.
I know the feeling is a little different after the post-season Yzerman presser. But I would still be kind of stunned if Berggren really is in the picture. I guess it depends on the other adds, but speed and size are still needs on this team. I think Rychlovsky can compete Berggren based on what I have seen. I think his skating is a touch better and there is more jam to his play. We will see if that wilts in NA, he does have the same gift for showing up in the scoring area at the right time as Berggren. Rychlovsky lead the Czech league in scoring, he also is a very late draft birthday which checks out for the later development curve.

Last edited:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I know the feeling is a little different post-season Yzerman presser. But I would still be kind of stunned if Berggren really is in the picture. I guess it depends on the other adds, but speed and size are still needs on this team. I think Rychlovsky can compete Berggren based on what I have seen. I think his skating is a touch better and there is more jam to his play. We will see if that wilts in NA, he does have the same gift for showing up in the scoring area at the right time as Berggren. Rychlovsky lead the Czech league in scoring, he also is a very late draft birthday which checks out for the later development curve.
Burger has to go through waivers, he will not clear.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Burger has to go through waivers, he will not clear.
I think he is traded in part of a package. I guess we will find out, I just don't believe they really want to carry his game given their mix. Now if he has other plans to balance the roster a different way, but our undersized top 6 roles are currently filled by far superior options. That is going to be a problem for Jonny Burgers, perhaps Yzerman tweaks his third line quite a bit to find him a better role. It didn't go away because he doesn't have a waiver exemption. I think you have to ship Fabbri for him to really have a role. He needs to play a lot better at the NHL level next year regardless of location, he has stretches but remains far too inconsistent to get me overly excited.

Reactions: SoupNazi

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Or more likely Hirose's replacement, kids are pushing him down in lineup. I would imagine that he would want a bigger role.

Mazur - Kasper - "Czarnik"
Söderblom/Rychlovsky - Danielson - "Luff"
Rychlovsky/Söderblom - Lombardi - Shine
Johannes - Gettinger - Hanas
Doucet
Most likely Hirose is gone

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I think he is traded in part of a package. I guess we will find out, I just don't believe they really want to carry his game given their mix. Now if he has other plans to balance the roster a different way, but our undersized top 6 roles are currently filled by far superior options. That is going to be a problem for Jonny Burgers, perhaps Yzerman tweaks his third line quite a bit to find him a better role. It didn't go away because he doesn't have a waiver exemption. I think you have to ship Fabbri for him to really have a role. He needs to play a lot better at the NHL level next year regardless of location, he has stretches but remains far too inconsistent to get me overly excited.
He'll take over Sprong's spot in the bottom 6 if he isn't traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00