Prospect Info: Jakub Dobes (2020 - 136th, USHL- Omaha Lancers)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Dobes voted on the Big-10's preseason second team:

1663772790266.png

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
His progression this season is something I will look for sure, probably one of the most intriguing prospect we have with our hole for a #1 G in the futur
Intriguing indeed. I place my chips on that big boy for the #1 spot in next few years. He posted one hell of a freshman season, anyone know what his flaws are?

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Intriguing indeed. I place my chips on that big boy for the #1 spot in next few years. He posted one hell of a freshman season, anyone know what his flaws are?

He's over aggressive in the net so he can be exploited that way. His rebound control needs to be refined and needs to continue his improvement in reeling in his emotions.

Good news is, he's athletic as hell. He's explosive in his movements. He's combative in the net. Can pass the puck and his tracking skills are high end.

GammaAway

Jun 24, 2020
He's over aggressive in the net so he can be exploited that way. His rebound control needs to be refined and needs to continue his improvement in reeling in his emotions.

Good news is, he's athletic as hell. He's explosive in his movements. He's combative in the net. Can pass the puck and his tracking skills are high end.
Sounds like Marc-André Fleury.

Reactions: 1909

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Dobes and Primeau, Im personally very optimistic for our goaltending position going foward.

Reactions: 1909

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I'd be hesitant on Primeau. He's looked solid in the A, but not so much in the NHL. Now, the team is trash, but so are the goals he's letting in
I think he will be fine, showed his potential last AHL playoffs and has been more solid than Monty all camp. Having both Dobes and Primeau will be an absolute strength in 3-4 yrs from now IMO.

RealityHurts

Feb 24, 2020
Dobes and Primeau, Im personally very optimistic for our goaltending position going foward.
I can understand for Dobes, but why for primeau? Every time he has faced anything related to the NHL, he hasn't blocked anything whatsoever: his performance is worst than Mon'tank'beault

Reactions: HabstuckinTO

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I can understand for Dobes, but why for primeau? Every time he has faced anything related to the NHL, he hasn't blocked anything whatsoever: his performance is worst than Mon'tank'beault
Nope, not this camp, Primeau has been better. You have to considere how bad our team is, especially our blueline and that we started the camp with about 60 players and havent dressed a full line-up yet while the other teams have been playing with their regulars for a while. Primeau is very solid technically and he proved how solid he can be last AHL playoffs, thats a matter of confidence in his case, you dont want to mess with it and thats why he will spend another year in Laval. Keep in mind that goaltenders take multi years to reach their prime, thats longer than any other position to develop and that Primeau missed alot of hockey because of the pandemic. Im still a big time believer.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Still optimistic about Primeau? Hes's been super awful so far in the NHL.
Ive been watching this kid since his NCAA debut, he is technically strong, combative and has the mental toughness to succeed, but bringing up a young goaltender when your team is lousy, plays without any structure, is easily the best way to destroy his confidence.

RealityHurts

Feb 24, 2020
Nope, not this camp, Primeau has been better. You have to considere how bad our team is, especially our blueline and that we started the camp with about 60 players and havent dressed a full line-up yet while the other teams have been playing with their regulars for a while. Primeau is very solid technically and he proved how solid he can be last AHL playoffs, thats a matter of confidence in his case, you dont want to mess with it and thats why he will spend another year in Laval. Keep in mind that goaltenders take multi years to reach their prime, thats longer than any other position to develop and that Primeau missed alot of hockey because of the pandemic. Im still a big time believer.
I see, those are fair points.

From my end, I genuinely believe that, players that have succeeded (especially goaltenders), have done so at every level. If they stumbled, it was never as bad as what I've seen from Primeau. I used to be a big believer, but having watched him recently, I believe his ceiling is that of a back-up netminder.

Still got high hopes for Dobes, however!

Jul 6, 2016
I see, those are fair points.

From my end, I genuinely believe that, players that have succeeded (especially goaltenders), have done so at every level. If they stumbled, it was never as bad as what I've seen from Primeau. I used to be a big believer, but having watched him recently, I believe his ceiling is that of a back-up netminder.

Still got high hopes for Dobes, however!
Dichow is another one we should watch closely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad