Prospect Info: Jakub Dobes (2020 - 136th, USHL- Omaha Lancers)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I didn't know all the goalies on the semifinal list, so I didn't know Dobes is the only one left who is a freshman. That actually makes it more impressive.

Reactions: Tyson

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I've got Dobes at 5 on our prospect list and ahead of Primeau at 9.

I'm just so impressed with this kid, the upside is enormous. The only thing really getting him in trouble is his aggressiveness in the crease and some rebound control issues. Everything else is high level, most importantly his athleticism, compete and tracking.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013

I'm just so impressed with this kid, the upside is enormous. The only thing really getting him in trouble is his aggressiveness in the crease and some rebound control issues. Everything else is high level, most importantly his athleticism, compete and tracking.
His rebound control and "pounce" ability are impressive for a young man, Also, Not getting stuck to far out of his net trying to control those rebounds and make those second saves is pretty decent for a BigMan.. Let's hope he continues to grow.. might suprise us all.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It's an impressive feature to be finalist. Everybody and their mother knows Devon Levi will win it. But it's irrelevant. True freshman to be on that list. Bravo.

Reactions: Sagikev and bopeep

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022

He’s also f’ing huge.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It's an impressive feature to be finalist. Everybody and their mother knows Devon Levi will win it. But it's irrelevant. True freshman to be on that list. Bravo.

those are just Big 10 awards.

I don't think Levi wins the Richter though, I could see the local kid from Dollard-des-Ormeaux winning it. Him, Levi or McKay I think will win it.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Pretty impressive he tied 4th overall ppg defenseman Luke Hughes for freshman of the year. I assume because it's a tie there's some sort of voting system by journalists or team management?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

something to keep an eye on, Georgii Merkulov is an undrafted FA. He was a big part of why Ohio St had such a big year after Dobes of course who imo would be the MVP of the team.

For any that don't know, the coach of the year, Bob Motzko is Pitlick's coach and was the former coach for Ryan Poehling when he was at SCSU. His son died last summer, who was teammates of Jack Smith in both the USHL and USHS.

Pretty impressive he tied 4th overall ppg defenseman Luke Hughes for freshman of the year. I assume because it's a tie there's some sort of voting system by journalists or team management?

I'm surprised actually, as Hughes is having such a great season, although on a much more stacked team so I guess it makes sense. The votes are done by the Big 10 coaches and media.

Reactions: badfish

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
as I expected, Dobes not a finalist for the Mike Richter award. Levi, McKay and Perets. Any of them would be worthy, I'm leaning towards Perets winning it but he faced a lot less shots so if he doesn't win it I think it will be due to that.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006
Montreal Canadiens prospect Jakub Dobeš had an impressive freshman season that has garnered him significant attention at the college level.

Reactions: Sagikev and bopeep

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Montreal Canadiens prospect Jakub Dobeš had an impressive freshman season that has garnered him significant attention at the college level.

Impressive young man. It will be interesting how well he does in year 2

Reactions: bopeep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad