Value of: Jakob Chychrun to FLA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I fully understand the initial reaction from Coyotes fans, but Lundell+ seems worth considering from their perspective.

Everything else on the Panthers feels like a non-starter (I know Knight is as blue chip as they come, but I wouldn't accept him as the centerpiece if I'm the Yotes).

Reactions: Heldig

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
From Arizona's perspective, I'd rather have Knight than Lundell...

A 20 year old goalie who projects to be among the top 10 goaltenders in the league for the next 15 years or so would be a fairly appealing asset to add to the rebuild effort

I think Knight offers more value and a higher ceiling than Lundell

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Church run isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, Arizona wants to build around him and their upcoming picks, prove to him that it’s worth it to him to stay there (he enjoys living there), and have him be part of the process.

maybe if it looks like he won’t re-sign will he be moved, but he’ll cost a ton. And rightfully so.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
To Florida: Chychrun, Kessel (50% retained)

To Arizona: Knight, Hornqvist, Nutivaara

Florida get a top pairing LD on a very team-friendly contract for 4 more years, and a top 6 RW on an expiring contract at half his cap hit. They also clear Hornqvist's contract off their books for next season

Arizona add one of the best young goalies in the league
lol

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I fully understand the initial reaction from Coyotes fans, but Lundell+ seems worth considering from their perspective.
Of course he does; that's why he's the "ha ha it would take this guy" suggestion. The chances of Panthers fans going for that do not strike me as all that high either.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
EyvxsBsVoAEkGsJ.jpg

NOW let's discuss what Arizona would take

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Your response is strange. Knight is arguably the best goalie prospect in the league right now. From a Florida perspective, not interested. The idea of Lundell+ keeps being brought up and that’s just a total head scratcher. Why would Florida give him up?
Totally get that Arizona has no incentive to move their man, but Knight is actually the realistic target here. Not Lundell. But yes, not good trading partners either way.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Your response is strange. Knight is arguably the best goalie prospect in the league right now. From a Florida perspective, not interested. The idea of Lundell+ keeps being brought up and that’s just a total head scratcher. Why would Florida give him up?
Totally get that Arizona has no incentive to move their man, but Knight is actually the realistic target here. Not Lundell. But yes, not good trading partners either way.
The "lol" was just because that one was pretty absurd for both sides. Neither team has any desire to give up their guy.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
To Florida: Chychrun, Kessel (50% retained)

To Arizona: Knight, Hornqvist, Nutivaara

Florida get a top pairing LD on a very team-friendly contract for 4 more years, and a top 6 RW on an expiring contract at half his cap hit. They also clear Hornqvist's contract off their books for next season

Arizona add one of the best young goalies in the league
None of that helps us. Why?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Sure, let's pretend that Knight isn't arguably the best young goalie in the NHL... that obviously wouldn't help a rebuilding team like Arizona

Its much easier to get a good goalie than a top pair 23 year old defenceman.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Its much easier to get a good goalie than a top pair 23 year old defenceman.

Knight is potentially going to be a great goalie, not just a good one...

Given where Arizona is in their rebuild, I'd take Knight over Chychrun without hesitation when the years left of team control are factored in

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Chychrun is -16 with 0 points in 10 games this season...

He'll be a UFA in 4 years, and Arizona isn't likely to be a playoff contender before then

I'd be looking to move him if I were the Coyotes... especially if a player like Knight was the returning piece

Can't really fault Chychrun there, that Arizona team is the shittiest team i've seen in ages.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Knight is potentially going to be a great goalie, not just a good one...

Given where Arizona is in their rebuild, I'd take Knight over Chychrun without hesitation when the years left of team control are factored in

Fair enough, I'd rather have Chychrun right now. The value isn't super far off.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I didn’t realize the depth of his ties to the organization. Former Jr. Panther and his dad does Panthers TV. Not quite Matthews returning to Arizona to save the Yotes, but would be a cool story if it materializes at some point.

Reactions: HockeyRulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad