Value of: Jakob Chychrun to FLA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Spurdo

Nov 2, 2021
Don't got what a rebuilding team needs. Picks will be low 1sts/ 2nds, no top end bluechip defender to replace him. Plus, if the next few drafts go well for them, Chychrun will be right in his prime for a cup push.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
You gotta try to put a team out there. Arizona is losing 10 players to UFA this season. Can you see 10 players signing there this off season? Im not sure if their rebuild is crazy or brilliant but there's going to be some rough road ahead.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Ya it starts with Lundell + 1st/prospect.

I get your point but Ekblad is a level or two better than Chych

Maybe a shade but it’s close. Both incredibly physically toolsy young offensive #1 defensemen. I’d argue Chychrun had a stronger 20-21 when placed in the context of his surrounding team though Ek got hurt. There’s no point in comparing them statistically this season with Ekblad on one of the best teams in the league and Chychrun on one of the worst rosters put together this century.

But that’s splitting hairs…he’s their Ekblad. And they definitely don’t have a Weegar or Forsling back there to pick up any slack.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Maybe a shade but it’s close. Both incredibly physically toolsy young offensive #1 defensemen. I’d argue Chychrun had a stronger 20-21 when placed in the context of his surrounding team though Ek got hurt. There’s no point in comparing them statistically this season with Ekblad on one of the best teams in the league and Chychrun on one of the worst rosters put together this century.

But that’s splitting hairs…he’s their Ekblad. And they definitely don’t have a Weegar or Forsling back there to pick up any slack.

For sure but FLA wasn't exactly a world beater when Ekblad first came into his rookie year and he's produced similar offense his whole career. 10+goals and 40ish pts.

Either way, most of us know ARI isn't trading him for anything but a top line C.

Reactions: BKarchitect

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
For sure but FLA wasn't exactly a world beater when Ekblad first came into his rookie year and he's produced similar offense his whole career. 10+goals and 40ish pts.

Either way, most of us know ARI isn't trading him for anything but a top line C.

Fair. I mean to compliment Chychrun with the comp because people are finally learning what a stud Ekblad. He should be a mock for any Team Canada and honestly I think Chychrun should be in the convo but he’s horrific team may keep his reputation suppressed a while longer.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Florida would need to give them a good reason to trade an excellent young player (23) who is signed to a team-friendly deal for several more years ($4.6M AAV to 2025). It would probably take what would generally be considered a massive overpay. They have no interest in moving him for futures.

He is at once full of promise and cheap and productive and a NHL star today. He's better than futures. He's arguably a top-eight defenseman on Team Canada already.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
...Ekblad is a level or two better than Chych

whether or not that is true, Chychrun is that valuable. or moreso, to AZ

a package that AZ cannot refuse, a la, Lundell plus Samoskevich plus Nause , is probably not worth it to Fla
otherwise, AZ has no particular incentive ...

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Just because a team is bad doesn't mean that they need to trade any decent player they have. Especially when that player is still in their mid 20's and under contract for years.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
No reason for the Coyotes to trade him unless he requests it…he’s a guy that requires a top 5 pick asset coming back and Florida doesn’t have any of them that we’d give up…like I’m sure Spencer Knight would interest thr Yotes

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
To Florida: Chychrun, Kessel (50% retained)

To Arizona: Knight, Hornqvist, Nutivaara

Florida get a top pairing LD on a very team-friendly contract for 4 more years, and a top 6 RW on an expiring contract at half his cap hit. They also clear Hornqvist's contract off their books for next season

Arizona add one of the best young goalies in the league

Last edited:

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Chychrun is -16 with 0 points in 10 games this season...

He'll be a UFA in 4 years, and Arizona isn't likely to be a playoff contender before then

I'd be looking to move him if I were the Coyotes... especially if a player like Knight was the returning piece

VijayPatel11

Mar 29, 2021
Sarasota, FL
Chychrun is -16 with 0 points in 10 games this season...

He'll be a UFA in 4 years, and Arizona isn't likely to be a playoff contender before then

I'd be looking to move him if I were the Coyotes... especially if a player like Knight was the returning piece
we aren't trading knight lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad