Player Discussion Jake Sanderson (D) PART 3

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
I think it was because the one thing that is not part of his game is the ability to make people miss. Breaking the other guy's ankles like a point guard or FB tailback is sexy as hell, and it's easy to get captivated by that. And so people may have missed that he was going to be one of the best skaters in the league with one of the highest IQs.

Reactions: thammias

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
That depends on when he said it. Lots of people though Sanderson wouldn't be able to step in and be a top 4 D his first season, thought he'd need time in the AHL first, going back further, lots of people were disapointed we took him over Drysdale. Some people saw him as purely a defenisive dman.
I remember hearing that (bolded) part a fair bit for sure.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I do wonder, how would we have done if we picked Miller over JBD and Drysdale over Sanderson. Would miller and Drysdale together make up for Sanderson clearly being the best of the 4?

He has all the attributes of a winner.

nah, Canada has the clear cut top guy in Makar

Drysdale had a lot of hype coming out of the world juniors IIRC. Not weird at alll
Makar and Hughes don't have a big gap. Some can even argue Hughes is better.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I do wonder, how would we have done if we picked Miller over JBD and Drysdale over Sanderson. Would miller and Drysdale together make up for Sanderson clearly being the best of the 4?

Hughes is not at Makar’s level. Hughes is very good but he is not Makar.

Reactions: BradyTkachucky

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

Not for me personally. Sanderson is just too good to even dream of not having.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
People liking Drysdale over Sanderson was the weirdest thing ever.

And i think the only reason people believed it is because it was popular opinion. same with Sanderson having limited offensive potential, like no way if people watched them in a vacuum they would come to these conclusions.

But Drysdale was they hype prospect and Sanderson the boring one. And people defaulted to that instead of actually seeing them.
I'm one of those people and I'm eating some delicious humble pie.

Sanderson is such an absolute beast!

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

Imo not even close, Jake Sanderson is beyond an elite level d-man, when you iso the guy game to game its almost like McDavid playing defense and i don't say that lightly. rivals the the Stone, Alfie, Karlsson picks as an all timer!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad