Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I feel like a lot of people didn't get the memo from Bruins fans that DeBrusk is an extremely streaky player. Also he has a history of starting off the season very slowly in terms of scoring goals.

It probably doesn't help that he's adjusting to a new team and got moved around a few lines already.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
He's pretty much been as advertised coming over from Boston. I don't think the contract is terrible, but if you think he'll outperform it you need to see more out of Pettersson, or maybe move him up with Miller.

He's just not a guy who is going to drive a line without higher-level play from the centre.

A reasonable take, but I'll go a step further: If this is his floor, this contract will be one of the best on the team. No question in my mind about it.

I didn't get around to posting when Dom's model already had him as one of the best value contracts (if not the best iirc), confirming some of my early bias here. But the trepidation over it was excessive hyperbole... And I say this with him not even scoring a goal yet.

Once he gets more selfish and starts to mimic his 2.2~ shots per game rate, the conversation will shift.

Reactions: bh53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad