Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk - will he stay or will he go

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe because one guy led our team in points and goals in the playoffs and the other guy had one assist in 8 games.
When you step back and look at big picture the Bruins need a top 6 W who can chip in with 20 goals, play up and down and left and right - and special teams and with experience

I heard the Pina Colada song (I think it’s called Escape?) but Rupert Holmes sang it and Jake DeBrusk & the Bruins popped in my head

There’s gotta be a sign there

Donny - 6/40 NMC let’s go !!!!!

We already know Jake’s not into health food ….and likes the dunes on the Cape & Islands

Going out tonight for chineee food with buds usually drink Mai Tais or Head Hunters - think I’ll get a Pina collada to get this deal moving along

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
When you step back and look at big picture the Bruins need a top 6 W who can chip in with 20 goals, play up and down and left and right - and special teams and with experience

I heard the Pina Colada song (I think it’s called Escape?) but Rupert Holmes sang it and Jake DeBrusk & the Bruins popped in my head

There’s gotta be a sign there

Donny - 6/40 NMC let’s go !!!!!

We already know Jake’s not into health food ….and likes the dunes on the Cape & Islands

Going out tonight for chineee food with buds usually drink Mai Tais or Head Hunters - think I’ll get a Pina collada to get this deal moving along
On that note I read somewhere he's not into yoga, and sometimes plays like he has half a brain.
We'll know soon.

• Haha
Reactions: BMC

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
I wish they would define what mutual interest is. Because, you know they can't show any interest in each other because that's tampering.

It always baffles me.
This is a pretty open secret, no? How else is it that teams always have contracts locked down for day 1 of free agency?

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
I know that. I speak of it often. Still doesn't explain "showing mutual interest" because they just don't do that because of tampering charges.
Well sure, I guess it should be "having" mutual interest rather than "showing". But otherwise it seems pretty self-explanatory. I doubt debrusk/calgary are happy that word got out.

All assuming it's true, of course.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Report: Mutual interest between the Calgary Flames and Jake DeBrusk in free agency
Report: Mutual interest between the Calgary Flames and Jake DeBrusk in free agency - The Win Column

1000015965.gif

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Red Wings #1 target

Sharks # 1 target

NHL network saying DeBrusk the type of versatile forward everyone looking for- one of hottest guys

Thankfully Bruins farm system overflowing with top 6 wingers

• Haha
Reactions: HustleB and Kegs

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

Red Wings #1 target

Sharks # 1 target

NHL network saying DeBrusk the type of versatile forward everyone looking for- one of hottest guys

Thankfully Bruins farm system overflowing with top 6 wingers
Both teams need top 6 players and both have almost $30M+ to spend in free agency. He can play on both sides of the ice, PK and PP, is fast, and is good for at least 20G a season.

He can maybe get close to $7M AAV playing on a rebuilding team next to Will Smith or Celebrini or make that much playing next to someone like Larkin.

Unless DeBrusk really wants to be a Bruin, he's most likely gone.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I am very curious to see where he ends up.

Edmonton wouldn’t surprise me at all. Vancouver even?

He might sign with the highest bidder.

Maybe Chicago can dump some cap into him?

He is going to be one of the more sought after free agents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad