Former Bruins Jake DeBrusk - gone to Nucks

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Hey guys, can we get an honest scouting report on what Vancouver is getting?

Most importantly, I’m wondering how physical he plays, I heard he’s inconsistent, what’s the reasoning, thanks
He hasn't really had any physicality in his game since Kadri gave him a concussion in the playoffs.

Vancouver will get the most out of him if he's on a line with fast skaters, and if Vancouver's system is north-south. He can play both PP and PK. He isn't afraid to go to the dirty areas on the ice. The big knock on DeBrusk like mentioned is his inconsistent scoring.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Yeah some fans the other day were overrating Lauko big time here
8F5F69C6-88C4-4539-86CD-A844D68CBB0D.gif

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Yeah some fans the other day were overrating Lauko big time here

Wanting a 4th for Lauko isnt overrating him.

Especially when the capitals gave up a 2nd for a similar player and the bruins gave up a 3rd for a defender who was a healthy scratch for the vast majority of last year.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Hey guys, can we get an honest scouting report on what Vancouver is getting?

Most importantly, I’m wondering how physical he plays, I heard he’s inconsistent, what’s the reasoning, thanks
He's not allergic to the corners like Phil Kessel but he does not like to take the body. If he's inconsistent then you aren't going to like him.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I think this years playoffs was probably the high water mark for him. I would have preferred to not take on Korpisalo and give him the same deal but oh well. Still room for a trade.

Glad the Canucks saved us from Heinen and we might end up very thankful to not be part of this deal and have moved on.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Canucks really high on ex-Bruins. Good luck to them. Jake wanted to be back in Canada, that much is obvious.
In the end, we got more from them than they got from us to say the least.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Wanting a 4th for Lauko isnt overrating him.

Especially when the capitals gave up a 2nd for a similar player and the bruins gave up a 3rd for a defender who was a healthy scratch for the vast majority of last year.
Sure sounds exactly like overvaluing our guy and undervaluing others around the league.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Sure sounds exactly like overvaluing our guy and undervaluing others around the league.

Whatever you say. That 4th rounded will most likely never touch the NHL. So idk how Lauko is only with 12 slots and AHL depth.

Never mind it was only to move 12 slots up. Not even its own pick

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Congrats Jake

You will no longer have to hear about Michael Felger talk about you in a negative light getting Cassidy fired and other shit

You made the right decision

Reactions: Mione134

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Would have been comfortable if the Bruins gave Jake the deal he eventually signed, but either the team or the player ceased to be interested in him staying around, so that's the way it goes. Such a polarising player who brought out irrational responses at both extremes of the fanbase, largely through no fault of his own.

Good luck to him in Vancouver, I think he will suit that roster and their style of play, and he gets to play on what should continue to be a contending team in a place he will enjoy. Going to be interesting to see how he pans out there.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Would have been comfortable if the Bruins gave Jake the deal he eventually signed, but either the team or the player ceased to be interested in him staying around, so that's the way it goes. Such a polarising player who brought out irrational responses at both extremes of the fanbase, largely through no fault of his own.

Good luck to him in Vancouver, I think he will suit that roster and their style of play, and he gets to play on what should continue to be a contending team in a place he will enjoy. Going to be interesting to see how he pans out there.
I like the number but that 7 year term with Jake scares me.

Reactions: YukonCornelius

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
All good my man, just mighty ironic to see you complaining about overvaluing our guys and then bitching about Lauko. The fact you can't see it is even better.

Ya I’m definitely the one not seeing it here. Just like I didn’t see the Debrusk thing for the past two years when specifically you (and others) were saying Debrusk was worth a lot more.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I like the number but that 7 year term with Jake scares me.
That's where I'm at.

The number was fine. Not 7 or 8 like some thought he wasn't budging on.

The term is where I can see the impasse. 7 years is a long time. I can only assume Sweeney would do 5? And there was the impass? Either way. It's unfortunate. But I wish him well.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
That's where I'm at.

The number was fine. Not 7 or 8 like some thought he wasn't budging on.

The term is where I can see the impasse. 7 years is a long time. I can only assume Sweeney would do 5? And there was the impass? Either way. It's unfortunate. But I wish him well.

There’s also a chance that he wanted 7 or 8 to stay here, and was willing to take less for a fresh start.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Ya I’m definitely the one not seeing it here. Just like I didn’t see the Debrusk thing for the past two years when specifically you (and others) were saying Debrusk was worth a lot more.
Yep difference being I can admit I was wrong, that said his value for sure dropped after this season.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Yep difference being I can admit I was wrong, that said his value for sure dropped after this season.

as long as beck malenstyn is getting 2nd round picks, it’s impossible that I can be overrating Lauko being worth a 4th round pick.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
There’s also a chance that he wanted 7 or 8 to stay here, and was willing to take less for a fresh start.
Totally possible! And at that point, if true, I get why Sweeney didn't want to pursue any further. These long contracts are...a lot.

Wish him well though. This team will miss him. Going to be a very interesting year for the new look Bruins. Can't wait to see what happens!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad