Value of: Jake Allen to EDM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
You don't really know Holland and his history, and team building methology towards mediocre goalies?
We've seen him struggle to find goalies for most of his career. We had a pleasant sign when he targetted Markstrom, but he couldn't finish the deal. It's been a series of rumours and failed attempts ever since.

Reactions: TFHockey

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
I don't know why the Yotes would trade him. Good goalie with next to no salary. Seems like the Yotes bread and butter to me.
I wouldn't trade him either but hey, they're the Arizona Coyotes, they'll trade anyone. If Chychrun is possibly on the bloc that says it all.

Reactions: TFHockey

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Teams rarely try to lose. Only when it is inevitable anyway. As much as fans might be excited to get a high pick this year, no NHL team wants to set themselves up as losers for the next 2 or 3 years.
Oilers tried to lose for nearly 5 years in a row, leading to Yakupov, RNH, Taylor Hall, McDavid…

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
A 1st round pick for Fleury with salary retention is the desperation price. Without Edmonton's dire need for a goalie and the money situation, there is no way a team offers a 1st for MAF. We saw what his regular price is over the summer - a prospect that neither team wanted. Koskinen's deal is up at the end of the year, so his "negative" value isn't a factor here, its just part of the cost it would take to get that 1st for Fleury. From the only team likely to trade a 1st for a goalie this year.
keep in mind vegas was desperate to free up cap space . if they weren't over the cap he wouldn't have been given away .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad