Jake Allen is Leading the League in GAA...

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
It's nice that all the Coyotes players stuck together and agreed to sign with the totally new franchise in Utah!

Isn't Jake Allen that guy who is, at best, a mediocre backup goaltender who's worth a 5th-round pick (with 50% retention)?
Cute another person that doesn’t understand the players on the ice aren’t the franchise! Jake Allen was traded with 50% retention for a conditional 2nd not a 5th.

Please feel free to do your own research on why Utah is in fact a new franchise, I’m done helping the intellectually challenged

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Cute another person that doesn’t understand the players on the ice aren’t the franchise! Jake Allen was traded with 50% retention for a conditional 2nd not a 5th.

Please feel free to do your own research on why Utah is in fact a new franchise, I’m done helping the intellectually challenged
Cute, another person that doesn't understand sarcasm! I'm well aware of what the Canadiens received in return for Jake Allen. I was mocking those who thought, prior to the trade, Jake Allen was a garbage goaltender who had little trade value.

As far as your "players on the ice aren't the franchise" comment goes, it's just a coincidence the Coyotes players (with the exception of those traded), the coach and general manager all came over to the same "new" franchise? Seems like this is an NHL marketing ploy, with the hope being Arizona eventually returns, rather than Arizona having been a failed experiment.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
it is going to be so fun to watch him implode in the playoffs. I will actually enjoy it, I still correctly hold a Stevens grudge and I have less faith in Allen in the playoffs than just about any thing. His whole thing is choking under pressure. He was born to be that goalie looking forlorn while the building around him goes crazy because their team just epically came back to beat him while he melted down. He was born to lose 5-4 after being up 4-1 in the third and three of the goals are tapped in from the two inch line while he slid over to the end boards

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Cute, another person that doesn't understand sarcasm! I'm well aware of what the Canadiens received in return for Jake Allen. I was mocking those who thought, prior to the trade, Jake Allen was a garbage goaltender who had little trade value.

As far as your "players on the ice aren't the franchise" comment goes, it's just a coincidence the Coyotes players (with the exception of those traded), the coach and general manager all came over to the same "new" franchise? Seems like this is an NHL marketing ploy, with the hope being Arizona eventually returns, rather than Arizona having been a failed experiment.
It’s no coincidence, they bought the players and staff, but not the history.

Let me make this easier for you to understand.
Let’s say Montreal was forced to move to Hartford but Montreal’s owner kept the right to the name, likeness and history with the option of restarting the Montreal Canadiens.

4 years later the owner has his shit together and fixes the issues and is ready to restart the franchise.

Which franchise is the Montreal Canadiens? The one with the banners in the rafters, playing in Montreal and wearing Canadien jerseys, or the one with their players and coaches from 4 years ago?

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
It’s no coincidence, they bought the players and staff, but not the history.

Let me make this easier for you to understand.
Let’s say Montreal was forced to move to Hartford but Montreal’s owner kept the right to the name, likeness and history with the option of restarting the Montreal Canadiens.

4 years later the owner has his shit together and fixes the issues and is ready to restart the franchise.

Which franchise is the Montreal Canadiens? The one with the banners in the rafters, playing in Montreal and wearing Canadien jerseys, or the one with their players and coaches from 4 years ago?
The NHL owns team names and logos. The team in Montreal might be called the Canadiens, but the team in Hartford would be the franchise.

Let me make this easier for you to understand:

The NHL had 30 teams prior to the 2017-18 season when a new franchise, the Vegas Golden Knights, was added. An expansion draft was held to fill the Golden Knights' roster.

The NHL had 31 teams prior to the 2021-22 season when a new franchise, the Seattle Kraken, was added. An expansion draft was held to fill the Kraken roster.

The NHL had 32 teams prior to the 2024-25 season. There are still 32 NHL teams. There was no need to hold an expansion draft, players from the Arizona Coyotes transferred to the Utah Hockey Club. This makes them a relocated franchise, not a new franchise. Do we say that Clayton Keller has played for three teams if Utah comes up with a new name for next season?

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad