Confirmed with Link: Jake Allen (50% retained) traded to the Devils for cond. 2025 3rd (2025 2nd if Allen plays in 40+ games and team qualifies for playoffs next season)

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I wish we wasn't retaining on this. It would open up another opportunity at deadline. We can only retain on one of Dvorak, Savard.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I wish we wasn't retaining on this. It would open up another opportunity at deadline. We can only retain on one of Dvorak, Savard.

It usually costs a 4th or a 5th to get a 3rd team to retain. So if we end up getting offered a 2nd for both, we can give up a 4th or 5th to make both happen.

Reactions: ReHabs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Savard is not likely going to return a 1st. Possible but not probable. A lot will depend on circumstance at the TDL. The last retention spot should be held for Savard.

Who cares if we trade Dvorak or not. If a team has cap issues and wants him, we work it out. We either take back a 1 year dump or we find a 3rd team to help. Doubt we are getting much in return so why bother use the retention spot? Doesn't seem like something to worry about with me.

Cap is still tight but I think there will be more available space at this years TDL vs the last 2 or 3.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Odds of trading Savard are low in my opinion. Yes he's ufa, but he's a RD, can still play a bottom 6 role efficiently and proved that he can be a good mentor for the young kids. Add to this that IF Hutson and him develop some chemistry.... you wont gamble with that just for another pick that you dont need. Finally, with Reinbacher gone for the season, it is not like you need to open a spot anytime soon.

I think it would take a massive overpayment to pry him away from MTL, which I don't think will happen.

only players that Kent may have to trade away are Dvorak and Armia. I'm sure he's also be happy to send Anderson to the moon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad