Jagr vs Crosby

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who better all time

• Jagr

• Crosby

Results are only viewable after voting.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Where’s the phantom Rocket coming from though? I’m guessing 2010-2011? The problem there is that he was only a goal ahead of Stamkos in the same number of games.
Not that it really matters but Stamkos only finishes with 45 goals and Corey Perry scored 50 to win the rocket.

I'm pretty sure Crosby could have scored 18 in 41 games having watched his play that season.

After all he was coming off the Richard the year before.

Reactions: authentic

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I think Crosby is one of the best to ever play the game, if we go by career its Crosby, if we go by prime peak, it's always Jagr, there are very few people if any who have been better than prime Jagr.

People dont remember or are too young to have watched prime Jagr, dude was one of the most dominant players ever. Lindros, Bure, Jagr, thats my top3 who of people who can take over a game by themselves, Forsberg too. When you are so f***ing insanely skilled and also inhuman physically there isnt anything the opposition can do.
Yes this is true.

And yes i know Crosby has the biggest ass on the planet, but there were people before him who had even bigger :D
Man between this and your avatar.....not that there is anything wrong with that.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
This is the most ignorant and unknowing comment ever. You realize Crosby is constantly considered the best two way player in the game, right?

Ha!

I realize people in the Canadian media say it, because millions of homers want to hear it. One of them cited Crosby's penalty killing for why he deserved the Conn Smythe in 2016. Crosby PK'd a whopping 11 seconds per game that year.

Here in real life Crosby's defensive statistics are light years away from the Bergerons and Datsyuks and much much closer to the McDavids and Ovechkins.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Ha!

I realize people in the Canadian media say it, because millions of homers want to hear it. One of them cited Crosby's penalty killing for why he deserved the Conn Smythe in 2016. Crosby PK'd a whopping 11 seconds per game that year.

Here in real life Crosby's defensive statistics are light years away from the Bergerons and Datsyuks and much much closer to the McDavids and Ovechkins.
Every single player in the NHL is light years away from Bergeron and Datsyuk defensively lol

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Every single player in the NHL is light years away from Bergeron and Datsyuk defensively lol

No, they aren't. There are many other players who do excellent defensive heavy lifting, like Sean Couturier, Kopitar, Barkov, etc.

It's a whole spectrum, and Crosby is nowhere near the top.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
In terms of impact, Crosby for sure. A generational player. I see Jagr as one tier below.
Fair enough but Jagr was really close in terms of being a prospect.

No. 3 cups vs 1, better all around player.
There are good argument but simply SC counting isn't the best
But Ovechkin will go down in history as maybe the greatest goal-scorer (if he overtakes Gretzky).
Ovi doesn't need to pass Gretzky he is already the best goal scorer of all time.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
428399796_418050663929719_3341311282981160762_n.jpg

2 legends

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
No, they aren't. There are many other players who do excellent defensive heavy lifting, like Sean Couturier, Kopitar, Barkov, etc.

Those guys are good but not even close to either of Bergeron or Datsyuk.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Not that it really matters but Stamkos only finishes with 45 goals and Corey Perry scored 50 to win the rocket.

I'm pretty sure Crosby could have scored 18 in 41 games having watched his play that season.

After all he was coming off the Richard the year before.

A Richard he shared with Stamkos, who would score 60 after this season in question.

Anything can happen.

And that’s without bringing the Butterfly Effect into it.

Reactions: WalterLundy

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

This thread is about Crosby and Jagr though and it's not a stretch to say that Crosby was the better 2 way player between the 2.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
A Richard he shared with Stamkos, who would score 60 after this season in question.

Anything can happen.

And that’s without bringing the Butterfly Effect into it.
You are really hung up on a poor take and not backing off of it here.

So what if Crosby plays out the year and wins the Richard or not, he almost certainly would have been top 3 in goals and had an absolutely smashing Art ross and Hart to his resume.

But it didn't happen and we have an absolutely outstanding half season.

We do know what happened to Stamkos despite some imaginary butterflies right?

i think that if we want to play out the rest of the season had Crosby been healthy it would be pretty favorable to Crosby winning the Art ross and Harts by a significant margin and maybe he wins the Rocket maybe eh doesn't who cares.

In the big scheme of things Crosby does alright even with that injury.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
You are really hung up on a poor take and not backing off of it here.

So what if Crosby plays out the year and wins the Richard or not, he almost certainly would have been top 3 in goals and had an absolutely smashing Art ross and Hart to his resume.

But it didn't happen and we have an absolutely outstanding half season.

We do know what happened to Stamkos despite some imaginary butterflies right?

i think that if we want to play out the rest of the season had Crosby been healthy it would be pretty favorable to Crosby winning the Art ross and Harts by a significant margin and maybe he wins the Rocket maybe eh doesn't who cares.

In the big scheme of things Crosby does alright even with that injury.

Stamkos scoring just 7 goals in his final 30 games of that season is exactly what I’m talking about here. He shared a Rocket with Crosby the year prior, was toe to toe with him before Crosby exited, had 38 in 52, and would pot 60 the very next season. If anyone deserves the benefit of a doubt, it was him and reality still played out quite differently.

I agree about Crosby in the end. He’s had a fantastic career. One of the greatest strengths to his story is that despite talks of early retirement, he might go on to play 1500 games. No one expected that in 2012. It all worked out.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Stamkos scoring just 7 goals in his final 30 games of that season is exactly what I’m talking about here. He shared a Rocket with Crosby the year prior, was toe to toe with him before Crosby exited, had 38 in 52, and would pot 60 the very next season. If anyone deserves the benefit of a doubt, it was him and reality still played out quite differently.
Man did you even seriously read this before posting it?

If Stamkos needed Crosby to be playing in order to score goals....it's not like Stamkos wasn't motivated by being in the Richard race right?

This butterfly stuff is pure BS.

Face reality here you are doubling then tripling down on what exactly maybe something would have happened differently for Stamkos.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Man did you even seriously read this before posting it?

If Stamkos needed Crosby to be playing in order to score goals....it's not like Stamkos wasn't motivated by being in the Richard race right?

This butterfly stuff is pure BS.

Face reality here you are doubling then tripling down on what exactly maybe something would have happened differently for Stamkos.

I suggest you re-reread my posts. You quoting me two months later purely to go off the deep end is the only BS I’m seeing.

I don’t suggest studying the theory if my simple posts cause this much confusion.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Those guys are good but not even close to either of Bergeron or Datsyuk.

Yes, they are.

Kopitar in particular is a defensive monster. His playoff defensive stats are actually better than Bergeron's.

Mentioning Crosby's defensive prowess is about like mentioning the face-off capability of a player who rarely takes face-offs.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I suggest you re-reread my posts. You quoting me two months later purely to go off the deep end is the only BS I’m seeing.

I don’t suggest studying the theory if my simple posts cause this much confusion.
I read your post and you are suggesting that somehow if Crosby hadn't been injured that Stamkos doesn't do what he actually did, stop and think about how ridiculous that sounds.

Here is your post again.

You added this part afterwards and it didn't apply to my response obviously.
I agree about Crosby in the end. He’s had a fantastic career. One of the greatest strengths to his story is that despite talks of early retirement, he might go on to play 1500 games. No one expected that in 2012. It all worked out.

Yes, they are.

Kopitar in particular is a defensive monster. His playoff defensive stats are actually better than Bergeron's.

Mentioning Crosby's defensive prowess is about like mentioning the face-off capability of a player who rarely takes face-offs.
Once again this thread is about Crosby and Jagr no one is arguing that Kopitar isn't better defensively but then again your argument makes no sense.

Crosby isn't some black hole defensively like you imagine and everyone knows your angle here.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
I read your post and you are suggesting that somehow if Crosby hadn't been injured that Stamkos doesn't do what he actually did, stop and think about how ridiculous that sounds.

Here is your post again.

You added this part afterwards and it didn't apply to my response obviously.

1. I’m saying that the BE alters everything, small things that change events in ways we may not even expect.

2. I’m also saying, fine ignore the BE. I used Stamkos’s play before, during, and after to illustrate that no matter how tempting it is, we can’t just project out expected numbers. This was in response to you feeling confident that Crosby would score the 19 goals needed to win in a static environment. We simply can’t ever know that.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Yes, they are.

Kopitar is great defensively but no he doesn't compare to Datsyuk or Bergeron in that regard. The same way Gretzky/Lemieux/McDavid are in a tier of their own defensively, guys like Datsyuk/Bergeron/Federov are in their own tier defensively.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
1. I’m saying that the BE alters everything, small things that change events in ways we may not even expect.

2. I’m also saying, fine ignore the BE. I used Stamkos’s play before, during, and after to illustrate that no matter how tempting it is, we can’t just project out expected numbers. This was in response to you feeling confident that Crosby would score the 19 goals needed to win in a static environment. We simply can’t ever know that.
There is a reasonable way to project numbers using the butterfly affect to change something that happened in isolation to Crosby getting injured is just ...looking for the technical term here....wacky.

Reactions: authentic and Regal

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
There is a reasonable way to project numbers using the butterfly affect to change something that happened in isolation to Crosby getting injured is just ...looking for the technical term here....wacky.

Honestly, using the butterfly effect to suggest anything can happen and we can’t make reasonable projections for what is likely to have happened sounds like listening to someone talking about their healing crystals. Yes complex dynamic systems are unpredictable, and it’s possible Crosby might have completely fallen off like Stamkos. But the likelihood is so minute it’s not worth considering

Last edited:
Reactions: wetcoast

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Kopitar is great defensively but no he doesn't compare to Datsyuk or Bergeron in that regard. The same way Gretzky/Lemieux/McDavid are in a tier of their own defensively, guys like Datsyuk/Bergeron/Federov are in their own tier defensively.

Kopitar is definitely right there with them and he’s right that Crosby isn’t even close.

Also McDavid is currently a much better defensive player than Gretzky or Lemieux were.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Having seen nearly the entirety of both of their careers, they rank pretty close to each other. Jagr slightly better offensively, Crosby more well rounded. I take Crosby though, just more dependable game in game out. Both around that #5-9 all time mark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad