Value of: Jacob Trouba's rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Says the guy who wants Matthews in return. I suspected WPG fans would overvalue their own.

My final offer would be Anders Lee (40 goal scorer) for Trouba.
Start with one of Leddy or Dobson. Those guys actually resemble something that could come useful at some point.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Start with one of Leddy or Dobson. Those guys actually resemble something that could come useful at some point.

Lee not useful!? He’d give you net presence with softer hands/finishing than most. WPG is great on the cycle, Lee is a beast.

Anyway, Leddy is workable.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Lee not useful!? He’d give you net presence with softer hands/finishing than most. WPG is great on the cycle, Lee is a beast.

Anyway, Leddy is workable.

Lee wouldn't be all that interesting.......

he's a UFA - strike

Late 20's - strike

Winger - huge strike

Leddy would be much more interesting to the Jets.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Part of that deal I don’t love is Kadri just isn’t a great fit imo. He isn’t offensively creative enough for Laine/Ehlers. Kadri is just more of what Little brings offensively.

You don’t have to play him with Laine and Ehlers. Eventually, they’ll be playing with Schiefele. I just have this feeling that Wheeler will not be extended next year.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
You don’t have to play him with Laine and Ehlers. Eventually, they’ll be playing with Schiefele. I just have this feeling that Wheeler will not be extended next year.

Possibly

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
assuming trouba is ready to sign a long deal (8 years x 7 mil?)
I wouldnt hate the leafs offering up Nylander.
D much improved, still have Marner,Brown,Kapanen on the right side

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
I wouldnt make a serious offer for Trouba until I knew what his salary would be. He strikes me as a guy that is going to get waaaaaaay overpaid.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If he's not willing to sign long term, we wont be getting full value back for him, that's for sure. But it would only get worse with only one year left until UFA.

Jets would be looking at taking back

a good but not blue chip prospect
A 1st or two 2nds
A mediocre veteran

Something like that anyway. Even Karlsson isn't getting Ottawa Heiskanen

Zaitsev, 1st, Sandin

OR

Nylander/Trouba base.

Obvious issue is we'd have to see if he's willing to re-sign long term in Canada.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Zaitsev, 1st, Sandin

OR

Nylander/Trouba base.

Obvious issue is we'd have to see if he's willing to re-sign long term in Canada.
Zaitsev's contract is a no-go. It is baaaaaad. Also, Sandin+1st is closer to getting you Myers than it ever is to getting Trouba's skates.

Reactions: Snowman

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Zaitsev's contract is a no-go. It is baaaaaad. Also, Sandin+1st is closer to getting you Myers than it ever is to getting Trouba's skates.

If your boy is looking for 8M still, we need to make up some money somewhere lol.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
If your boy is looking for 8M still, we need to make up some money somewhere lol.
If you can't handle that contract, we can handle it even less.

Boy, is that deal looking toxic. Zaitsev contributes f*** all on the ice. He needs to rebound big time to have any value.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If you can't handle that contract, we can handle it even less.

Boy, is that deal looking toxic. Zaitsev contributes **** all on the ice. He needs to rebound big time to have any value.

Counting on a rebound year, had an injury and he had some illness last year, apparently lost a lot of muscle and rumored to be mono. Hope year 1 return to form.

Not sure what else a good idea would be for a package.

The Nylander for Trouba base makes sense. Maybe Sandin or Liljegren to even it out more.

Nylander+Sandin/Liljegren for Trouba+Copp?

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Counting on a rebound year, had an injury and he had some illness last year, apparently lost a lot of muscle and rumored to be mono. Hope year 1 return to form.

The Nylander for Trouba base makes sense. Maybe Sandin or Liljegren to even it out more.

The off-ice issues he had must have been taxing, but I don't believe those explain everything. Mono could explain a lot of conditioning issues.

I know we aren't getting Matthews for him and I don't want the Leafs to ever get Trouba, so I haven't really thought of any packages. Nylander is of very little interest until he proves himself as a C. Sandin and Liljegren are both good, top 4 worthy prospects, but in a deal like this, they are additions and nothing more. Kadri is likely the best realistic centerpiece for both sides, but that doesn't address our needs at D.

Kadri+signed Gardiner+Liljegren for Trouba and Perreault?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The off-ice issues he had must have been taxing, but I don't believe those explain everything. Mono could explain a lot of conditioning issues.

I know we aren't getting Matthews for him and I don't want the Leafs to ever get Trouba, so I haven't really thought of any packages. Nylander is of very little interest until he proves himself as a C. Sandin and Liljegren are both good, top 4 worthy prospects, but in a deal like this, they are additions and nothing more. Kadri is likely the best realistic centerpiece for both sides, but that doesn't address our needs at D.

Way too much. Statistically there isn't a Kadri+Liljegren gap between Gardiner and Trouba. Perrault I wouldn't want, would prefer to keep Kadri. I'm offering up a top line forward and a blue chip prospect for a top pairing guy and a 4C. Maybe something else needs to happen to help even it out from my end too, maybe we can't bridge the gap at all.

Respectfully, I think you might be asking a little too much for Trouba. That's a top 6 centre, top 4 defenseman (realistically a damn good #3) and a blue chip defensive prospect for a #2 defenseman that can handle top pairing minutes and a 3rd line winger. Perrault is basically a winger now, he took only 60 face offs last year. I think Nylander+Liljegren/Sandin is pretty fantastic value for Trouba.

We'll see where it goes. I thought Trouba would be re-signing with Winnipeg no problem after the playoff run you guys had.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011

Everyone is different, but I would do that.

Reactions: WTFMAN99

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011

I would do that also, but we would have to offer something different likely.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
At my job i asked for 80k... They said 65k.. We settled at 72k..

Weird how negotians work

They brought you down 8k, you brought them up 7k, they won :P

I have a feeling if Trouba signs long term he'll get more then Morrissey but probably unjustifiably.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Way too much. Statistically there isn't a Kadri+Liljegren gap between Gardiner and Trouba. Perrault I wouldn't want, would prefer to keep Kadri. I'm offering up a top line forward and a blue chip prospect for a top pairing guy and a 4C. Maybe something else needs to happen to help even it out from my end too, maybe we can't bridge the gap at all.

Respectfully, I think you might be asking a little too much for Trouba. That's a top 6 centre, top 4 defenseman (realistically a damn good #3) and a blue chip defensive prospect for a #2 defenseman that can handle top pairing minutes and a 3rd line winger. Perrault is basically a winger now, he took only 60 face offs last year. I think Nylander+Liljegren/Sandin is pretty fantastic value for Trouba.

We'll see where it goes. I thought Trouba would be re-signing with Winnipeg no problem after the playoff run you guys had.
If you undersell both Jets, you're going to look at it as a lopsided trade. Statistically, Trouba doesn't have a weakness that puts him off the 1D category, and Perreault is absolutely a play-driving top 6 LW (who, as an aside, would be money with Matthews; he does everything Hyman does but is also skilled).

As long as Nylander hasn't proven himself at C, he's not worth much for us. That's not a good offer for the Jets.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If you undersell both Jets, you're going to look at it as a lopsided trade. Statistically, Trouba doesn't have a weakness that puts him off the 1D category, and Perreault is absolutely a play-driving top 6 LW (who, as an aside, would be money with Matthews; he does everything Hyman does but is also skilled).

As long as Nylander hasn't proven himself at C, he's not worth much for us. That's not a good offer for the Jets.

I disagree with this stuff but respect your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium