Jacob Trouba Elbow On Rodrigues (Fined 5,000 Dollars)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GbgRanger

Jul 11, 2009
Sweden / Philippines
No defending this one.

However it is nonsensical to bring up previous non-hits where the elbow folds out if the hit doesn´t connect. Hits that doesn´t connect are per defintion legal.

• Haha
Reactions: Mattb124

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I remember Crosby getting elbowed exactly like this in a game against the Capitals in the 2017 Playoffs. That didn't even get a 2 minute penalty.

Reactions: Kiith Nabaal

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Where is the the Laf goal of the playoffs thread? Instead we have a thread for a monster elbow on shoulder hit.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Mark Messier Leadership Award winner Jake Trouba turned around the series with the outlet on the OT goal and now is making HF cry
I think it's fitting he wins that award given how Mess was infamous for his propensity for giving players the chicken wing.

As for this play, the league continues to make a joke of itself. It's a clear shot to the head. A normal player, beat like that, would stick out their hand to grab the guy. Instead, Trouba does Trouba and goes for the head.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Watch the play from the other angle…he’s clearly trying to hit him in the shoulder area.
Yeah, he intended to hit him. He missed, knew he was missing and brought out the elbow.

You can debate on major penalty or not. You can debate on whether or not it’s a headshot. You cannot have any grounds to debate intent. He absolutely meant to elbow him

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I don't even know why they have a major for elbowing in the rulebook if that isn't called here. Yeah, Rodrigues sold it, but it's literally an elbow to the neck after getting beat.

I get that refs don't want to seem like they're deciding the series, but letting players get away with clear majors is doing exactly that

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I don't even know why they have a major for elbowing in the rulebook if that isn't called here. Yeah, Rodrigues sold it, but it's literally an elbow to the neck after getting beat.

I get that refs don't want to seem like they're deciding the series, but letting players get away with clear majors is doing exactly that
Hit him in shoulder, once again.

• Haha
Reactions: sanscosm

HANK30

Brady 4-3 in SBs without Patriot cheating
Yeah, he intended to hit him. He missed, knew he was missing and brought out the elbow.

You can debate on major penalty or not. You can debate on whether or not it’s a headshot. You cannot have any grounds to debate intent. He absolutely meant to elbow him

Perhaps it was an intentional elbow to the shoulder area, but it did not look like an intentional elbow to the head to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad