Oilers or Panthers?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oilers or Panthers?

• Oilers

Votes: 78 45.1%
  • Panthers

Votes: 95 54.9%

• Total voters

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Edmonton is in the Stanley Cup finals.
maybe only for 4 games, mind you.

Question is can panthers keep McJesus and Drai quiet?
is zero goals quiet ?

1718380317624.png

Reactions: PromisedLand

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
Damn. what a beat down.

I wouldn’t have thought there was this much of a gap.

Yeah.

this is why if they don’t find any takers for manner, they’re better off just letting him walk for nothing.
Have to have a sound mindset. With 20 mill off the books after next season they can steal someone else's prior 1st rounder. Its how free agency works, cant be a hoarder of the past stuff.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I said this all along I will never cheer a Canadian team on in the finals because it had to be the Leafs to bring the Cup home north of the border and I am relieved that the series is already over.
It’s the middle of June, no need to prolong this any further. No hockey for everyone very soon. We can start thinking about our Leafs and the additions we need to be where the Panthers are now. But where are we going to find a Bobrovsky?

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
It’s the middle of June, no need to prolong this any further. No hockey for everyone very soon. We can start thinking about our Leafs and the additions we need to be where the Panthers are now. But where are we going to find a Bobrovsky?
I believe Woll has what it takes to be a legit number 1 some day if he can overcome these injuries he keeps getting. In the meantime I really think we need to acquire a higher level goalie so we don't waste anymore years of the Matthews and Nylander window. If not this year , then when JT is off the cap we need to make a big move immediately. Can't risk another Woll injury costing us an opportunity.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Ullmark

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Nothing surprising here .. G and D win Cups all day and twice on Sundays .. until Shanny/Tre get serious about seriously upgrading our D and G then we are just playoff fodder .. you need a couple scoring forwards to make playoffs .. you don't need 4 making half of CAP .. until you guys get da formula you will be frustrating yourselves .. so I wait for da Mitch and JT moves to occur .. this likely means next season is a waste of one of Willy and Matty's contract years .. it is an impossible situation to overcome .. and both Willy and Matty are slight overpays too which make a Cup very very very tough even after JT and Mitch off da books

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think Edmonton is winning game 5, and possibly game 6. Game 7 anything can happen. McDavid and company have their mojo back after the last game. They know they can score on Bob now, he shouldn’t be in their heads anymore. This is far from done, imo.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I think Edmonton is winning game 5, and possibly game 6. Game 7 anything can happen. McDavid and company have their mojo back after the last game. They know they can score on Bob now, he shouldn’t be in their heads anymore. This is far from done, imo.
Bobbo is insanely streaky .. if he has lost it now then anything is possible .. he can go from world #1 to a house leaguer pretty quick .. but i think you will see cats tighten down on neutral zone in game 5 with no slot shots against and wait for Oilers to shoot themselves in foot pressing for goals

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Remember Conner Brown……that player that wasn’t good enough for the Leafs…….he just scored a shorty in the Stanley cup final

He has 2 goals and 6 points in the playoffs, he would have been run out of town here.

If people didn't like Kerfoot, they wouldn't like this production, not to mention his bonus structure is crazy and makes him a $4 million player if I am not mistaken.

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
He has 2 goals and 6 points in the playoffs, he would have been run out of town here.

If people didn't like Kerfoot, they wouldn't like this production, not to mention his bonus structure is crazy and makes him a $4 million player if I am not mistaken.

Turn on the games for once in your life, please.

Mckay

One does not simply... Ooo Coffee.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
Remember Conner Brown……that player that wasn’t good enough for the Leafs…….he just scored a shorty in the Stanley cup final

Uh, he wasn’t traded because he wasn’t good enough. He was traded to dump Zaitsev to Ottawa.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020

We have Marner,Tavares, and Matthews with a combined 3 goals in this years playoffs making approx 32 million.
Is that money well spent

Uh, he wasn’t traded because he wasn’t good enough. He was traded to dump Zaitsev to Ottawa.
That’s even worse

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
We have Marner,Tavares, and Matthews with a combined 3 goals in this years playoffs making approx 32 million.

I am not defending them, but Brown has been healthy scratched some games. Our fanbase would be losing it if it cost $4 million for a healthy scratch.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I am not defending them, but Brown has been healthy scratched some games. Our fanbase would be losing it if it cost $4 million for a healthy scratch.
Fair enough.

I would also argue that there are a few players on our team that should have been a healthy scratch or two just to get their attention

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad