Value of: Jacob Markstrom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Treliving is on an expiring contract. I also don't think he's at all the problem here but he will almost certainly take the fall for it. Darryl shouldn't be coach next year but he probably wont be fired because of how close he is with ownership. Maybe they can move him into a POHO position and bring in a strong GM/re-sign Treliving (if Sutter becomes POHO they will need a GM who isn't just Sutter's puppet and can actually think fpr themselves).
We actually agree on this. I think Treliving is a strong GM. A lot of his mistakes have been driven by ownership. Steinberg all but said the decisions on Huberdeau, Kadri and Weegar were ownership. I've really liked Weegar's second half, but the other 2 are millstones. I have some hope Huberdeau bounces back. I don't think Kadri does.

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
Bounce back to what exactly? His production this year is almost identical to his career points per game.
Are you telling me guys who have career years at 31 that are extreme outliers dont continue on that pace for the remainder of their new 7 year deal?

Last edited:

Ledge And Dairy

We actually agree on this. I think Treliving is a strong GM. A lot of his mistakes have been driven by ownership. Steinberg all but said the decisions on Huberdeau, Kadri and Weegar were ownership. I've really liked Weegar's second half, but the other 2 are millstones. I have some hope Huberdeau bounces back. I don't think Kadri does.
Kadri needs to stop playing like Calgary Bennett. He's far too much of a puck hog and tries to do too much. I think he is still a fine 2C that can still put up 60-70 but I always think about how we could have kept Monahan and the 1st until he got hurt then go for Bo instead.

I still think Weegar is on a very solid deal. Statistically he's been excellent this year but his production has obviously fallen off, I think that has more to do with lack of PP time though.

I find it hard to blame Huberdeau, his entire life was suddenly thrown in a blender over night last summer and Sutter runs an extremely different system than what he is used to. It's very common for star players on Sutter teams to have their offense dry up under him, happened to Nolan, Selanne, Iginla, Brown, Kopitar and probably a few others back on that San Jose. Im not really sure how much he actually coached our 1st line last year outside of making Gaudreau more defensively responsible. Don't get me wrong I still think he's a good coach but he's far to hard on people when they are struggling.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Not true. Outside the last 2 games he's been quite good the past 3 weeks. Before then his wife was pregnant with their first born and it's been highly speculated by insiders that that was probably causing him a lot of stress and preoccupying his mind.

Whether you think child birth is a good excuse or not doesn't really matter here though. The fact is he has a full NMC and won't be going anywhere.
Is the NMC because he really badly wants to be in Calgary or does he just want control of where he goes?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
When you're trying to sell off a goalie you shouldn't be including "He's sucked this year" in your sales pitch.
Agreed. Use a bigger word people don't know the meaning of. Rebarbative?

Is the NMC because he really badly wants to be in Calgary or does he just want control of where he goes?
Probably somewhat more the latter I would guess. He's played in Vancouver and Calgary. Maybe he likes mountains?

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Huh? Ask him not me
You are the on stating “The fact is he has a full NMC and won't be going anywhere.”

Theres a difference between a guy like Trouba who has a NMC because he has made it clear he want to play in NYC and a guy who just wants to control his situation. That’s why I ask you as you sounded like you were talking for him.

So you have no clue what that NMC means to Markstrom so you shouldn’t say a NMC means he ”won’t be going anywhere”. For all you know there’s 2 teams he would use that clause On.

Ledge And Dairy

You are the on stating “The fact is he has a full NMC and won't be going anywhere.”

Theres a difference between a guy like Trouba who has a NMC because he has made it clear he want to play in NYC and a guy who just wants to control his situation. That’s why I ask you as you sounded like you were talking for him.

So you have no clue what that NMC means to Markstrom so you shouldn’t say a NMC means he ”won’t be going anywhere”. For all you know there’s 2 teams he would use that clause On.
Right I forgot who I was responding to. Complete waste of time

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
Right I forgot who I was responding to. Complete waste of time
Because you made a definitive statement like you knew what Markstrom was thinking so I asked a legit question because I don’t know. But I guess neither us do. Thanks for clearing that up. You could have just started with that.

Ledge And Dairy

Because you made a definitive statement like you knew what Markstrom was thinking so I asked a legit question because I don’t know. But I guess neither us do. Thanks for clearing that up. You could have just started with that.
No you actually asked a loaded question because you knew anyone on this board wouldn't have a 100% answer. But thats just the type of person you are, it's a common pattern among your posts.

But because you are so pretentious, no I do not know if Markstrom would waive his no move clause for another team but I do know he signed in Calgary to play with his best friend Elias Lindholm and negotiated that contract with a full No Move Clause for all 6 years with the very likely intention of staying. Due to this it is a very safe bet that he has no intention of being moved. On top of that, due to his poor performance this season and size of his cap hit, plus the rule where an acquiring team has to honor his already in place clauses, the teams that may actually be willing to take him on are both probably going to demand other assets on top of him and he is very unlikely to specifically waive to. Thus the entire topic of trading him is trivial

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Ask the value on Vladar, because Markstrom will be a Flame until that contract ends. Best case scenario next season is Markstrom/Wolf.

TS Quint

Sep 8, 2012
No you actually asked a loaded question because you knew anyone on this board wouldn't have a 100% answer. But thats just the type of person you are, it's a common pattern among your posts.

But because you are so pretentious, no I do not know if Markstrom would waive his no move clause for another team but I do know he signed in Calgary to play with his best friend Elias Lindholm and negotiated that contract with a full No Move Clause for all 6 years with the very likely intention of staying. Due to this it is a very safe bet that he has no intention of being moved. On top of that, due to his poor performance this season and size of his cap hit, plus the rule where an acquiring team has to honor his already in place clauses, the teams that may actually be willing to take him on are both probably going to demand other assets on top of him and he is very unlikely to specifically waive to. Thus the entire topic of trading him is trivial
Alright there Leon. I’ve never seen someone so defensive over such a simple question.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Ask the value on Vladar, because Markstrom will be a Flame until that contract ends. Best case scenario next season is Markstrom/Wolf.
This is most likely. I feel like a Vladar/Wolf tandem is asking too much. Markstrom has been somewhat better of late, and he's proven to able to start a large amount of NHL games.

Vladar hasn't shown he can be an NHL starter and I'd rather ease Wolf into the NHL with less pressure (as Markstrom's backup)

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

I genuinely wonder if his desire to remain in Calgary might decline if Lindholm were moved. It's a very realistic possibility if he doesn't extend and it's a very realistic possibility he doesn't extend if we miss and Sutter remains.

Ledge And Dairy

I genuinely wonder if his desire to remain in Calgary might decline if Lindholm were moved. It's a very realistic possibility if he doesn't extend and it's a very realistic possibility he doesn't extend if we miss and Sutter remains.
I think that goes both ways. If we were to run Markstrom out of town I think we Lindholm jumps ship too. And I think letting Lindholm go would be horrible for this team

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I think that goes both ways. If we were to run Markstrom out of town I think we Lindholm jumps ship too. And I think letting Lindholm go would be horrible for this team
I mean it kind of depends. Letting him go would be the height of stupidity. I'm pro rebuild. Just like I was this summer, except now it's a much longer rebuild whereas then it could have been done in 2 years.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Markstom is 3-1-2 in his last 6 with the 2 both being in shootouts. He only had one lemon game since November and that was against the Blues.
Who are you kidding? Stats can be skewed .

For example Campbell has only 1 regulation loss in last 14 games started. 9-1-3 but we all know his value is shit.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Dude is insanely frustrated right now

and it shows, he is complaining after every goal if somebody is even within 3 feet of him.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Dude is insanely frustrated right now

and it shows, he is complaining after every goal if somebody is even within 3 feet of him.
Yes it hasn't been a lack of effort. I'm no goaltending expert but even I can see he's lunging out at pucks and over pushing when coming across. He gets beat high glove a lot too. Kind of tough, because it's not like Kadri who is just lazy as hell. Not sure this can be fixed until the off-season and maybe not ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad