Proposal: Jackets-Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Domi
Merzļikins

for

Lilijegren
Mrazek
Miettinen
1st
Would work capwise if Muzzin stays on IR, still not sure if this would get it done but I think Domi would be good for the Leafs in playoffs and also adding a more reliable goalie.

VijayPatel11

Mar 29, 2021
Sarasota, FL
Merzlikins was signed to a 5 year extension just this season... I'm not exactly sure why they would trade him even before his new contract kicks in.

Reactions: Altimus

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Merzlikins isn't going anywhere...

That being said, if Muzzin is out until the playoffs, wouldn't suprise me at all to see Domi end up in Toronto. Jackets would likely still have to retain because the Leafs need help on D, but he'd likely be a decent option to throw onto that 2nd line LW spot; and give the Leafs more depth in the middle of the ice.

That being said, I don't know if the Leafs have the movable futures to get both Domi & a defenceman.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
That is just awful for the Blue Jackets.

Like one of the two larger assets is what it would take to dump Mrazek, so the other is...for Domi and Elvis? Yikes.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Merzļikins is the new Korpisalo in that he had a good rookie season and hasn't been very good since.

Reactions: Cowumbus

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I love Domi but we're already so short on prospects/draft picks, we'll have next to nothing left for the future. We have just 2 picks this year.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Zero interest in Domi, pretty confident the Leafs agree.
Goalie would be great but it's understandable that he wouldn't be available.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
So you just decided to throw in our franchise goalie for funsies? :huh:
If he is your franchise goalie well...it might get ugly in columbus next 5 years...i know our goalies suck right now but at least we can outscore our problems...i would never give up a 1st for a goalie except vasilevsky shesterkin or gibson..

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Domi
Merzļikins

for

Lilijegren
Mrazek
Miettinen
1st
Would work capwise if Muzzin stays on IR, still not sure if this would get it done but I think Domi would be good for the Leafs in playoffs and also adding a more reliable goalie.
Hey look. Another brutally terrible proposal from a Toronto fan trying to buy good players for $0.16 cents on the dollar. Wonder where we seen that before. Oh yeah. Today with the Chicago- Toronto thread.

I’m vexed as to how poor Kerfoot didn’t get tossed into another deal. He’s gonna feel left out. Replaced by a C level prospect that was a sixth rounder a year ago. Don’t get too generous Toronto.

or go ahead and add Nylander to this one as well to make value for value line up.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
If Kerfoot is a "cap dump" at 3.5, how much are you paying us to take Domi at 5.3?

Kerfoot somehow got underrated. Whether it's because he was in the Kadri trade and people think he is garbage compared to him so must be garbage or Avs fans hate of the player idk. But he is a solid middle 6 NHLer, can play all special teams. No one strength or flaw, just average all around can be moved from shutdown line to top scoring line and contribute.

He's not a star player but he is a very good depth player. Cap dump talk is mad.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Kerfoot somehow got underrated. Whether it's because he was in the Kadri trade and people think he is garbage compared to him so must be garbage or Avs fans hate of the player idk. But he is a solid middle 6 NHLer, can play all special teams. No one strength or flaw, just average all around can be moved from shutdown line to top scoring line and contribute.

He's not a star player but he is a very good depth player. Cap dump talk is mad.
Basically, he's a Decent Depth Player of the kind most teams have that kept getting shopped around as some kind of significant value add again and again and again literally for years. It's as much folks just plain sick of seeing his name.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Basically, he's a Decent Depth Player of the kind most teams have that kept getting shopped around as some kind of significant value add again and again and again literally for years. It's as much folks just plain sick of seeing his name.

Yes, but the point is he is being called a cap dump when he is not. Of course he is in a lot of trades, the Leafs basically have their top prospects and core as huge assets, so of course you will see us offering up quality depth and picks and B prospects for a lot of trades.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Hey look. Another brutally terrible proposal from a Toronto fan trying to buy good players for $0.16 cents on the dollar. Wonder where we seen that before. Oh yeah. Today with the Chicago- Toronto thread.

I’m vexed as to how poor Kerfoot didn’t get tossed into another deal. He’s gonna feel left out. Replaced by a C level prospect that was a sixth rounder a year ago. Don’t get too generous Toronto.

or go ahead and add Nylander to this one as well to make value for value line up.
speaking of left out. Do you feel left out if you don’t go into leafs proposals just to rip on them just to say “ look another brutal leafs proposal”?

Reactions: TML Dynasty

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I love Domi but we're already so short on prospects/draft picks, we'll have next to nothing left for the future. We have just 2 picks this year.

People over rate how short the Leafs are on picks.

This is the only year where that's the case, next year all they are missing is a 7th, sure Arizona COULD take their 3rd but why do that when they could get a 2025 2nd?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad