Proposal: Jackets-Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
I'm tracking Domi + Bean to Toronto

Roster Dman + Prospect + pick
now this seems like the start of a deal , except your offering up 7.6 million in cap for a roster D and zero cap return on top , how about we find 7.6 or more in return for those two ?
Leafs board is going to roast me and I'm pretty sure ACC1224 has his own direct line report button for me but since the Leafs have 13 roster players making 1.6 million or less the only way we can balance out 7.6 is with either 6 roster players-can't do it -or one large ticket guy which means names like .......in a whisper whisper Reilly or Nylander . No you cannot have Brodie lol.
In hindsight , Dermott , Cliffird , Kampf and Kerplunk get us there but thats too much talent wise .

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
now this seems like the start of a deal , except your offering up 7.6 million in cap for a roster D and zero cap return on top , how about we find 7.6 or more in return for those two ?
Leafs board is going to roast me and I'm pretty sure ACC1224 has his own direct line report button for me but since the Leafs have 13 roster players making 1.6 million or less the only way we can balance out 7.6 is with either 6 roster players-can't do it -or one large ticket guy which means names like .......in a whisper whisper Reilly or Nylander . No you cannot have Brodie lol.
In hindsight , Dermott , Cliffird , Kampf and Kerplunk get us there but thats too much talent wise .
Ask yourself if you think the Leafs would deal Rielly or Nylander for Domi and Bean....i can't imagine even your own inner voice would say yes....

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Ask yourself if you think the Leafs would deal Rielly or Nylander for Domi and Bean....i can't imagine even your own inner voice would say yes....
You are correct sir they would not but since this is an exercise in mental Master>>>>>> to begin with one can always hope , I personally would , in my opinion Reilly is a huge defensive liability his points are meaningless in the playoffs because he gets walked more than an incontinent dog and I hated Nylanders deal from the start , he had a hot start this year for sure and was looking like he was worth his paycheck but since the New Years he's slid back into his more meh self . Domi would not be the primary target in this deal I would be looking at Bean who is 23 with a couple more years on a good deal , I said the Tavares deal was going to be an albatross around the Leafs neck come year 4 or 5 and it is , Now I'm saying Reilly's extension will be horrendous in 3 years mark my words .

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
You are correct sir they would not but since this is an exercise in mental Master>>>>>> to begin with one can always hope , I personally would , in my opinion Reilly is a huge defensive liability his points are meaningless in the playoffs because he gets walked more than an incontinent dog and I hated Nylanders deal from the start , he had a hot start this year for sure and was looking like he was worth his paycheck but since the New Years he's slid back into his more meh self . Domi would not be the primary target in this deal I would be looking at Bean who is 23 with a couple more years on a good deal , I said the Tavares deal was going to be an albatross around the Leafs neck come year 4 or 5 and it is , Now I'm saying Reilly's extension will be horrendous in 3 years mark my words .
He's signed for 5 million....he could play on the 2nd pairing and that cap hit wouldn't be horrendous.

I'm not sure what you see in Jake Bean that makes you consider moving Rielly or Nylander for him....but i''l leave that for you. right now both Rielly and Nylander on their own have more points than Domi and Bean combined.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
He's signed for 5 million....he could play on the 2nd pairing and that cap hit wouldn't be horrendous.

I'm not sure what you see in Jake Bean that makes you consider moving Rielly or Nylander for him....but i''l leave that for you. right now both Rielly and Nylander on their own have more points than Domi and Bean combined.
Not 5 million anymore they signed him to an 8 year 7.5 million extension that starts next year when he will be 28 , I like Beans game on the Defensive side I don't need a 50 point Dman when I have 2 100+ point guys up front , I need a Dman who can play in his own end , thats the knock on Reilly , he's shyte defensively and 5 million I could continue to choke on but 7.5 as he only gets older ? Nylander was just the only other guy who could make up the cap in the proposal , Mathews , Marner , JT and even Muzzin and Brodie are all hands off so who doe's that leave to make up 7.6 ?

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Not 5 million anymore they signed him to an 8 year 7.5 million extension that starts next year when he will be 28 , I like Beans game on the Defensive side I don't need a 50 point Dman when I have 2 100+ point guys up front , I need a Dman who can play in his own end , thats the knock on Reilly , he's shyte defensively and 5 million I could continue to choke on but 7.5 as he only gets older ? Nylander was just the only other guy who could make up the cap in the proposal , Mathews , Marner , JT and even Muzzin and Brodie are all hands off so who doe's that leave to make up 7.6 ?

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Meh, i still have zero issue with Rielly's contract, and i still easily pass on either deal.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Meh, i still have zero issue with Rielly's contract, and i still easily pass on either deal.
To each there own welcome to the pool by the way , don't let the whiners or bullies get to you , you weren't out of bounds in the other thread some people just want to act like they're something . I believe at the end of the day this is a hockey forum and a little chirpping is appropriate , the whiners will report you and you will lose your "Like " button for a month or two but as long as you aren't cursing or obscene you will be fine . Cheers eh !

Reactions: Just a Fan

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Columbus has Tarasov, and can get any old vet to split with him next year via UFA.
There is no good reason for us to throw Tarasov to the wolves like that. If we were getting something we badly needed for both now and long-term - like a defensive RD in his early 20s, or a #1C in the same age range, or something - it might be worth considering radically altering roster build plans like that, but neither of those is going to happen anytime soon, if ever.

Reactions: Fro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad