GDT: Jackets @ Leafs at 7pm Feb 11th Sat on CBC, SN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
Just watched the Tampa game. They just didn't give up, Stars choked and lost the game with 45 seconds left. Tampa has tons of killer instinct.

We need a big add to match that killer instinct
It isn't coming from adding one or two players. We need our big boys to take the reigns like we've seen all of them do for spurts and then for every one of our supporting players to make plays with the desperation winning teams do. It starts from the top though

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
Something Dubas said stuck with me. That winning these games where they should be favourites is a key indicator for if this group has improved through the year. I still fear this team plays down to the level of their opponent, but hopefully the ship is corrected soon.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Something Dubas said stuck with me. That winning these games where they should be favourites is a key indicator for if this group has improved through the year. I still fear this team plays down to the level of their opponent, but hopefully the ship is corrected soon.
Well Boston has lost to Philly Ottawa and Arizona this year so hopefully that bodes badly for them lol

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Just watched the Tampa game. They just didn't give up, Stars choked and lost the game with 45 seconds left. Tampa has tons of killer instinct.

After Tampa scored with 45 seconds they didn't sit back either. They were insanely aggressive and basically killed the rest of the time to ensure Dallas couldn't get anything. It was obvious they were comfortable in that spot and knew how to close it out

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022

Will be unpopular amongst certain portions of this fanbase but my dream is for them to get Meier, and fire Rielly off into the sun in the offseason.

Unless you have a true game-breaker on D ala Makar, or a two-way force like Chara/Hedman, you don't need to paying $7million+ to d-men. An NHL team with 4-6 d-men around Brodie-Liljegren level is going to be very successful, especially with an offence the Leafs possess.

I think that in the future, that'll be something teams stray away from as hockey becomes more "position-less" but this is more my anticipation of how the game will change in the future.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
After Tampa scored with 45 seconds they didn't sit back either. They were insanely aggressive and basically killed the rest of the time to ensure Dallas couldn't get anything. It was obvious they were comfortable in that spot and knew how to close it out
Our new suckas dubas be getting in will also kill games like that. AS soon as we get our schenn henrique domi and jeannot. Our team will be the most solidest there ever was like the fortress of solitude in superman

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

this is precisely why i would be hesitant to add a rental to this group.

not to mention Matthews and Rielly their offensive production hasn't been good at all IMO.

If this team cannot beat weak opponents it just means, at least to me, that they are mentally not there yet. or to take words out of Shanny "Killer Instinct" is lacking!

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
Just saw someone else mention it but I also watched that Tampa game. I really don't see how the leafs beat Tampa or the Bruins if its the Bruins in the 2nd round.

It's just not the year to go all in with those two power houses. Next year could be completely different if Berg and Krejci retire. Save the assets this year or full on rebuild the bottom 6 for the playoffs at this deadline.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
And Tampa/Bruins watch the Leafs game last night and see the Leafs shut out their opponent rather easily while missing arguably their #1 F, #1 D, and #1A/B G.

Two can play at that game.

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
And Tampa/Bruins watch the Leafs game last night and see the Leafs shut out their opponent rather easily while missing arguably their #1 F, #1 D, and #1A/B G.

The Blue Jackets? lol

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022

I is not worried bout any of those other clubs sire. Our kingdom come is the greseaseat. Our fools will be talking; checking and winning in the playoffs. We will out do the opponent also with our new players, wich we dont know yet because they have not been traded. Yet.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
The Blue Jackets? lol
While arguably missing each of their top position players?

BTW, the Leafs beat the Stars twice, the most recent victory being 4-0.

Tampa is still looking up in the standings to a team leading the league in most man games lost.

But please, go ahead and continue to tell everyone how a strong 45 seconds means that Tampa is unbeatable.

Who was the #1 D we were missing?
Muzzin was arguably the Leafs best all round D, and basically the only true shutdown D they had.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022

Competitive don't give up instinct is what I want. To many cream puffs in this line up, everyone wants to be a fancy hero. No one wants to stick their face in a dog pile to find a puck. Skill is what we are built around, skill is what gets shut down every 1st round.

Is it so wrong to go into the game with a chip on your shoulder, a little hate in your heart a little psycho in your head?

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
While arguably missing each of their top position players?

BTW, the Leafs beat the Stars twice, the most recent victory being 4-0.

Tampa is still looking up in the standings to a team leading the league in most man games lost.

But please, go ahead and continue to tell everyone how a strong 45 seconds means that Tampa is unbeatable.

Muzzin was arguably the Leafs best all round D, and basically the only true shutdown D they had.
Got this saved so I can come back here after a first round exit to Tampa

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Who was the #1 D we were missing?

Benn? :P

There are three d-men out Muz, Mete, and Dahlstrom.

My better half surprised me with a trip to Toronto to celebrate my 30th. Caught the Raps game last night and tonight will be my first Leafs game. Took in the HHoF as well and had an absolute blast. Let's hope they don't play down to the opponent tonight, I want all the goals!

If she can cook, put a ring on it, she's a keeper. HHOF is pretty humbling, to be in the presence of so much memorabilia from the greats, I'll admit it, I had a tear in my eye.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Will be unpopular amongst certain portions of this fanbase but my dream is for them to get Meier, and fire Rielly off into the sun in the offseason.

Unless you have a true game-breaker on D ala Makar, or a two-way force like Chara/Hedman, you don't need to paying $7million+ to d-men. An NHL team with 4-6 d-men around Brodie-Liljegren level is going to be very successful, especially with an offence the Leafs possess.

I think that in the future, that'll be something teams stray away from as hockey becomes more "position-less" but this is more my anticipation of how the game will change in the future.
Not so easy to find 4-6 guys like that though, Brodie and Lily are both really, really good.

Reactions: leafsfan5

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Boston will be in trouble this year with McAvoy making 9.5 then...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad