Confirmed with Link: Jackets hire Dean Evason as head coach

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Evason develops players while implementing a winning system, and is fiery and competitive. He’s experienced but also not a retread. That’s exactly what you want in a coach and exactly what this team needs.

To the “he lost the room” accusations- go check out the Wild goalies game logs from this early season. I can’t say for sure obviously because I didn’t watch the game, but stats like that would spell doom for any coach. That stretch doesn’t give me lost the room vibes at all.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
love this hire fo us man.

he was who I wanted all along.
well deserving bruh.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
And as many appearances in the 2nd round as the Blue Jackets.

You can say the same thing for Todd McLellan, and I'd assume you wouldn't be bullish on Woodcroft's postseason record. McLellan also has just one 1st round series win in his last ten years, the same as the Jackets. But you waited until now to dump on Evason for some reason.

I haven't kept up you guys since a few years ago when you had a tough, disciplined team that scared a team or two in the playoffs. If memory serves, both you and the Wild were on record, or near record hot streaks prior to a regular season meeting - forgotten if it was Dean or Boudreau coaching at the time.

Dean should be able to steer the team back in that direction, making them responsible defensively and tough to play against. Not a miracle worker, but he will install a system, and demand that players work hard.

Ah yes, the Unsustainabowl!

It was in the Fall of 2016, in the first full season for Torts with the Jackets and first season for Boudreau with the Wild. The Blue Jackets came in 25-5-4, and the Wild 23-8-4.

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Well, that poster and I have never agreed on anything, ever. So if they hate this, call me the second Mrs. Evason. Move over, Jen.
Really??? Cool play the passive aggressive card. Don’t care for people who don’t look at other people’s point of view but think they are the enlightened ones.

There is no hate for Dean Evanson (don’t know the guy) just preferred somone else, like you preferred Dean. So when you post on the mains and mention that that I have a personal beef with Dean Evanson, show a little respect and know things before you post. How about a little civility.

Last edited:

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
due to his great playoff record?
No - just him willing guys to play above their heads. Also thought it might be good for our goaltenders especially Elvis, to get him to a better headspace. Islanders should be much better this year. If they are not then I am wrong and Roy is not the coach I thought he was going to be for the Islanders. BTW not an Islanders fan

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
He looks like Creed from the Office
giphy.gif

Reactions: Derby

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
If his mantra of "Grit with Skill" comes to the CBJ, there are some pieces that already fit that but will need to develop. This screams Fantilli and Lindstrom up the middle. Jiricek on the back end too. The higher end pieces seem to fit the mold to help with the core. Add in guys like Malatesta, Brindley, Jenner, Voronkov.... they can all bring a little of both and drive the guys like Marchenko, Johnson and Chinakhov... Seems like a perfect fit for a lot of the players that not only need to develop but need direction and have the skill set the coach should actually like. Good balance building in Columbus.

Now about that goaltending....

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
No - just him willing guys to play above their heads. Also thought it might be good for our goaltenders especially Elvis, to get him to a better headspace. Islanders should be much better this year. If they are not then I am wrong and Roy is not the coach I thought he was going to be for the Islanders. BTW not an Islanders fan
Not trying to get on your bad side here but have you seen what he did with the MN roster? You want guys to play over their head and develop? I think he did a damn good job there with his hands tied with some Cap dead money. I get he's not your first choice but I'm finding a hard time understanding the disappointment with him. Or is it just you felt that much stronger about others? He seems like a good hire.

Over 250 games as a head coach, over 25 years in the league, hard but fair, worked with young players... he seems to check all the boxes. I'm excited for this hire for a change. I haven't said that in the last 4 coaches (though Torts I grew to love).

Reactions: CBJx614

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
His playoff record in Milwaukee (AHL) and Minnesota is, well, bad. But his regular season records are very good. Given that the CBJ are in the crawl before you walk, walk before you run stage the playoff failures aren't a big deal. If he can deliver anywhere near his Minnesota regular season record it will be a good hire.

It will be nice to have a coach with some fire and personality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad