Confirmed with Link: Jackets hire Dean Evason as head coach

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
He seemed sort of stale on the onset but his personality is definitely warming up as he's getting more comfortable as this goes on.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
He seemed sort of stale on the onset but his personality is definitely warming up as he's getting more comfortable as this goes on.
Ever since he got annoyed at Metz being the second person to tell Todd sharrock happy birthday lol

• Haha
Reactions: Monk

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Best line of the Press Conference and exactly what I have been saying when some reporter asked about the goal being just "making the playoffs."

Reply:

There is a process that I will mention about a lot about winning the Stanley Cup, which is our goal. Our goal is to win the Stanley Cup. But to get there, you have to make the playoffs. Then you got to win 1, 2, 3, and 4 rounds.

It is so refreshing to hear this.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Evason is absolutely the right hire. His answers in the press conference are so on point with what this team needs.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I approve of this hire after watching presser.
First impression, thumbs up.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Gotta say... so far... GMDW appears to be making the right moves. Those let go, those signed and now the coach. Let's see how Laine and Marchenko turn out, but I really like what I've read and heard about/from Evason thus far. Easy to say, let's see how it takes shape on the ice.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I didn't watch but like what I'm hearing based on the updates here. Do we know how many years he is signed for?

Not sure we'll ever find out, but it would be interesting to hear what soured the discussions between the CBJ and McLellan. Money? Term? Short-term expectations? It feels like McLellan overplayed his hand, but I guess he's getting 5.5 million this year no matter what, and I'm sure he'll be back in the league within 12 months. So, maybe he didn't feel an urgency to compromise on his asks.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No worries just because you have a different opinion doesn’t put you on “my bad side” (just don’t like people who lack integrity). That is opinion and I respect and understand, but I am not there yet with Evason. Look, I don’t want him to fail just to be right but Minnesota was his first NHL coaching gig and he had his handpicked assistants. I worry he acquiesced on keeping assistant coaches to get the gig and not having the right staff is worse than not having enough cap space.

DW didn’t want to turn the entire staff over. He needs to get the fresh blood in the locker room.
McCarthy was a last minute replacement, Bolls was never known for skating, scoring or defense, now he is teaching at the highest level. All of these guys are great guys, but great guys don’t win you hockey games.

All, I am saying if he isn’t allowed to bring in his own staff then it will be a much harder job.
He did not. Took over from Boudreau and had his guys, for the most part. He gradually replaced them with his own, but one was a hangover (Hendrickson), and another, Guerin's guy.

Most of these coaches want to get along and understand that they will all be judged by their records, but the returning coaches are crazy if they somehow think that they will be protected over the HC, when they have already been part of a losing team.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Loved the personality he showed in the presser. Maybe a bit more intense and mean looking, but there's still some Paul Maurice vibes

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Recchi may have been influenced by PVs desire to play this way or that. OR...he may just be a rotten coach...
My money is on the rotten coach side. He was good in prior stints either. Particularly his stint with NJD. And I'm not sure he did well as Penguins development director either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad