Confirmed with Link: Jackets hire Dean Evason as head coach

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Very happy with this. Who cares if he’s not as big a name as McLellan? I could give two shits less how much the team pays for a coach He won A LOT of games in Minnesota, and a lot of young forwards developed extremely well in that time. He will be a massive improvement on what we’ve had. I’m stoked!

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Unless you're youngguns.
Skeptical because he lost the room in Minnesota being a players coach. Only 250 game as head coach with Minnesota, when DW touted experience as an NHL HC. I thought even worse of Jay Woodcroft, this team needs defensive structure and is Evanson known as that ???

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Love the hire, he's passionate and takes chances.
Very different than Larsen and Vincent.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do with this crop of forwards.

And look at some of the negativity already.....

Reactions: Xoggz22

Youngguns1380

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Love the hire, he's passionate and takes chances.
Very different than Larsen and Vincent.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do with this crop of forwards.

And look at some of the negativity already.....
Correct on the negativity but my choice as a fan. I feel like the CBJ is settling for 2nd 🥈 place like they always do instead of going after the guy they want.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Skeptical because he lost the room in Minnesota being a players coach. Only 250 game as head coach with Minnesota, when DW touted experience as an NHL HC. I thought even worse of Jay Woodcroft, this team needs defensive structure and is Evanson known as that ???
Did he lose the room or did the team simply hit a rough spot in his last season?

BTW, I am happy about the hire, now DW can focus on getting Marchenko signed.

Youngguns1380

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Did he lose the room or did the team simply hit a rough spot in his last season?

BTW, I am happy about the hire, now DW can focus on getting Marchenko signed.
I am happy for you but got the same feeling when we hired Larsen and Vincent

Yep - different expectations. Do you consider Sillinger a salty veteran-nope. See the difference

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
It seems to me that Evason is a proven NHL head coach with a positive record. After going thru three coaches - one toxic, two unproven - this seems like a sound move and step forward by the new GM.

Reactions: Xoggz22

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Will watch press conference with interest; wondering if they’ll give any clues about how much of the assistant staff they are looking to turn out

Youngguns1380

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
My prediction if they keep the assistant coaches. He will be fired after 2 mediocre seasons

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Correct on the negativity but my choice as a fan. I feel like the CBJ is settling for 2nd 🥈 place like they always do instead of going after the guy they want.
We don't actually know that MacLellan would have been the #1 option. If they interviewed all three, Evason might have beaten MacLellan anyways.

My point being, your negativity should be directed at ownership for having $ limits in the process. Not at hiring Evason

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad