GDT: Jackets @ Avs | First Emergency GDT Thread | 7pm MT (RIP Johnny Hockey)

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
That won’t solve anything, the reason he sucks isn’t because he’s lazy or he’s nonchalant.

Bednar said after the game that the guy who can’t stop a puck to save his life is their guy. You’re clearly shitting on the wrong guy here.
Being positive for a season and a bit hasn't done shit.

He's not going to publicly shit on his GM.

Publicly shitting on Georgiev MAYBE lights a fire under his ass.

Reactions: katfude

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I dont want Husso but the Avs need another goalie. The Avs cant afford to continue to nurture 5gievs feelings anymore.

True but hes going to be solid when he is ready. Love his game.
Husso is very much far from perfect, but at this point, Avs could be President Trophy winners with just average goaltending lol (which I think he is able to provide).

• Haha
Reactions: The Kingslayer

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Husso is very much far from perfect, but at this point, Avs could be President Trophy winners with just average goaltending lol (which I think he is able to provide).
Seriously all you need is average. The Avs are not playing so poorly that they need .920.

If you give them .900-.910 anything in between, they are a dominant hockey club.

This is pathetic.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I dont want Husso but the Avs need another goalie. The Avs cant afford to continue to nurture 5gievs feelings anymore.

True but hes going to be solid when he is ready. Love his game.

Husso for Georgiev would be a viable trade if Detroit retain $1.35m of Husso's $4.75m caphit to keep the cap impact the same for the Avs (Georgiev's caphit is $3.4m). Maybe a simple change of scenery trade like that would benefit both goalies.

Reactions: katfude and S E P H

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
What the f*** is he going to say though? Even if they have decided that Annunen/Kähkönen would go next, that's the cleanest way of dealing with it.
Sometimes you have to get a bit messy. Bednar has been publicly praising Georgiev and coddling him for over a year now.

Eventually, doing the same thing doesn't work. F***ing shit on the guy and if he still doesn't respond, well, there's clearly no room for him on the team.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Sometimes you have to get a bit messy. Bednar has been publicly praising Georgiev and coddling him for over a year now.

Eventually, doing the same thing doesn't work. F***ing shit on the guy and if he still doesn't respond, well, there's clearly no room for him on the team.
For what? It ain't getting us any closer to a trade, because there is none available.

Shitting on guys publically is a way you can lose a room. I think the majority of the players would agree with Bednar if he decided to pull a sky dump on Georgiev now, but it's still not exactly a healthy thing to do. Especially when it achieves f*** all. It might satisfy a few people on HFAvs, that's about it.

Reactions: Vk1ing

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I mean Bednar can say whatever he wants but picking up a goalie on waivers clearly shows they’re not happy with their goaltending.
Until you forget that they were interested in Kähkönen previously, and probably would've picked him up even if Georgie had a shutout against Vegas.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
It’s 2 games in. If Colorado come in over .500 after the 10 game mark I’ll be low key surprised. Notoriously slow starters under Bednar. Especially with these injuries/suspensions/goalie let’s not lose our hats kids

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It’s 2 games in. If Colorado come in over .500 after the 10 game mark I’ll be low key surprised. Notoriously slow starters under Bednar. Especially with these injuries/suspensions/goalie let’s not lose our hats kids
It's not the skaters that I'm worried about, especially considering injuries. But you are supposed to be alerted as f*** for this goaltending, which is not even ECHL level. It has straight up cost us two games, the skaters played well enough in both to grab the win if the goalie could make a f***ing save.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Being positive for a season and a bit hasn't done shit.

He's not going to publicly shit on his GM.

Publicly shitting on Georgiev MAYBE lights a fire under his ass.
That'd imply that he could stop the puck if he wanted to.

Bednar doesn't have to shit on his GM, he could have left the door open for anyone to take the #1 spot, for example, instead of stating publicly that Georgiev is his guy.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
For what? It ain't getting us any closer to a trade, because there is none available.

Shitting on guys publically is a way you can lose a room. I think the majority of the players would agree with Bednar if he decided to pull a sky dump on Georgiev now, but it's still not exactly a healthy thing to do. Especially when it achieves f*** all. It might satisfy a few people on HFAvs, that's about it.
People work in different ways.

Georgiev might be thinking "nobody cares publicly about how I play" because the coach is always going to bat for him. Why even try to get out of this funk if the coach not only publicly praises you but continues going back to starting you?

If Bednar showed anger and said "you know our guys don't deserve this level of goaltending. This is the NHL, it's not up to snuff. We're scoring enough goals to win hockey games and right now our goaltending is pathetic." then MAYBE it could light a fire under Georgiev's ass.

We've tried the whole "be positive" thing and it doesn't work.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
People work in different ways.

Georgiev might be thinking "nobody cares publicly about how I play" because the coach is always going to bat for him. Why even try to get out of this funk if the coach not only publicly praises you but continues going back to starting you?

If Bednar showed anger and said "you know our guys don't deserve this level of goaltending. This is the NHL, it's not up to snuff. We're scoring enough goals to win hockey games and right now our goaltending is pathetic." then MAYBE it could light a fire under Georgiev's ass.

We've tried the whole "be positive" thing and it doesn't work.
Again, you're implying that Georgiev can just decide to fix the way he plays. Do you think shitting on Campbell publicly would have changed anything?

He isn't the first nor the last professional athlete to be mentally broken. He needs therapy.

Reactions: Vk1ing

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado

Bednar the kinda guy who will tell a rookie to get the f*** out of my face for making a rookie mistake then give Georgiev a hug and kiss on his forehead and tell him it's okay for playing the same shit game everyday.

• Haha

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Again, you're implying that Georgiev can just decide to fix the way he plays. Do you think shitting on Campbell publicly would have changed anything?

He isn't the first nor the last professional athlete to be mentally broken. He needs therapy.
If he needs therapy send him to the player assistance program for the rest of the year and remove his cap hit. Simple.

He doesn't need therapy. He's a dog shit goaltender. There's nothing more to it.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If he needs therapy send him to the player assistance program for the rest of the year and remove his cap hit. Simple.

He doesn't need therapy. He's a dog shit goaltender. There's nothing more to it.
If you truly believe this prepare yourself to be mad every time that he's in the net because he's never going back to the goalie that he was 2 years ago regardless of what the coach says or how bad you want him to stop pucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad