GDT: Jackets @ Avs | First Emergency GDT Thread | 7pm MT (RIP Johnny Hockey)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Brutal start from the goaltending so far, but look at Edmonton last season. Started very poorly and eventually got it turned around.
Oilers are an extremely flawed team that are luckily in the worst division in hockey in the last 5-6 years. That entire craziness of the finals was because of the Panthers letting their foot off the petrol along side McDavid going absurd mode, not because Edmonton is a good team.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Annunen hasn’t been any better when he came in to relieve Georgiev. Bednar doesn’t have many options right now
Annunen has gone in cold in both games though. He might be a goaler that needs to mentally prepare as a starter. Trust me it makes a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEE difference for some. Justus might be rubbish (he probably is tbf), but give him a game as the starter where he knows he will start before writing him off.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Listen, sometimes you gotta go full Torts and f***ing shit on the guy publicly.

Georgiev has done NOTHING to deserve public support.
He's a giant douchebag, but I wish Torts was the coach of the Avalanche. Georgiev would have been on a plane back to Bulgaria last year.

• Haha
Reactions: katfude

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Annunen has gone in cold in both games though. He might be a goaler that needs to mentally prepare as a starter. Trust me it makes a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEE difference for some. Justus might be rubbish (he probably is tbf), but give him a game as the starter before writing him off.
I won’t mind if Annunen starts the next game, and if that doesn’t work, try Kahkonen. At this point those are the only options or go back to Georgiev.

Reactions: katfude

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I won’t mind if Annunen starts the next game, and if that doesn’t work, try Kahkonen. At this point those are the only options or go back to Georgiev.
Georgiev shouldn't see the bench for at least a week, hopefully more. As I mentioned previously, he should be scratched at this point.

There are goalers available, Ville Husso is definitely one that sparks my interest and could be a contract Detroit is willing to GTFO, but Avs have cap problems so it would be hard to do.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
1728793363880.png

Just incase anyone needed to see it to be where the rest of us are.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Georgiev shouldn't see the bench for at least a week, hopefully more. As I mentioned previously, he should be scratched at this point.

There are goalers available, Ville Husso is definitely one that sparks my interest and could be a contract Detroit is willing to GTFO, but Avs have cap problems so it would be hard to do.
I dont want Husso but the Avs need another goalie. The Avs cant afford to continue to nurture 5gievs feelings anymore.

The injuries forcing Ritchie to play stink. That dude is not ready at all.
True but hes going to be solid when he is ready. Love his game.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Listen, sometimes you gotta go full Torts and f***ing shit on the guy publicly.

Georgiev has done NOTHING to deserve public support.
That won’t solve anything, the reason he sucks isn’t because he’s lazy or he’s nonchalant.

Bednar said after the game that the guy who can’t stop a puck to save his life is their guy. You’re clearly shitting on the wrong guy here.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
What else does anyone expect him to do!? Can’t throw the starting goalie under the bus two games in no matter how horribly he’s played. Especially when Annunen has been as bad if not worse.
The f*** you can't. This shit has been happening since last season. And Annunen has come in cold both games. I'm sick and tired of George. Anything would be better at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad