GDT: Jackets @ Avs | First Emergency GDT Thread | 7pm MT (RIP Johnny Hockey)

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I mean duh he isn’t winning the Vez…but he also isn’t winning any more games than Georgie. They can all fall into a few wins…especially if the team was healthy. Neither of these keepers has an ounce of respect from the rest of the team. That’s a big factor.
I completely disagree. We'll win more games with Annunen. George is mentally broken. You can't go back to that. He needs to move on from the Avs. At least the rookie still has hope in his eyes.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Sad part is I don't see a goalie available on the market. We should've been in on Markstrom or Ullmark and shot Fourgiev to the moon in the off season.
There is reason we were linked to basically every goalie that was remotely available. Unfortunately we have an incompetent GM who couldn't get us an upgrade.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
This is a garbage take George is not a NHL goalie. Annunen is maybe a backup. Annunen needs to play. It's the best possible option.
Here's my take:

Right now George is not an NHL level goaltender.
Right now Annunen is not an NHL level goaltender.

The upside for George is that he somehow figures it out and plays at an average to above average #1 level.
The upside for Annunen is that you manage to scheme your defense well enough to get him to mediocre backup level.

I'd rather roll the dice now and see if you can possibly get George back on track. If you can, (I'm not saying the odds are good) you're probably just shopping for a solid backup at the deadline.

If you roll with Annunen you're locked into shopping for a #1 as well as potentially a backup at the deadline.

The best option would just be to make a move now, but that might not be possible.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It may help, but there’s something soul crushing knowing that even if you play the perfect game, that dumbf*** back there could let in 6 off of 6 dump ins
If we have Lehky, Val, Drouin and Landy back, or even if not Landy for little while longer, just having those other 3 back will mean the Avs will control the game more, will allow less scoring chances against because again, those players we are missing are top defensive forwards, specially Lehky and Val. Even with bad goaltending that should eliminate some of this goals against and result in wins. Look what lineup we have out there and combine that with bad goaltending, no surprise at all we’re losing

LurkerMcgee

Oct 6, 2020
I completely disagree. We'll win more games with Annunen. George is mentally broken. You can't go back to that. He needs to move on from the Avs. At least the rookie still has hope in his eyes.
I’ll take that bet. Annunen is not an nhl starting goalie. Unless you ignore all evidence so far in his career.

Edit. Spelling

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yeah, f***in sad..

Do not bet on the asshole to fix itself. The new guy starts, get rid of George. I'd straight up waive him for our third thing at this point. f*** him, your career is over pack your shit f***er.

Bye Felicia

Reactions: Linds and katfude

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Two games into the season and the CMac haters are firing on all cylinders. Yep, HFAvs season is in full swing. This season is going to be delightful.

That's quicker than when there were certain posters calling for Bednars head after 3 games in 2002.

Reactions: LOFIN

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Here's my take:

Right now George is not an NHL level goaltender.
Right now Annunen is not an NHL level goaltender.

The upside for George is that he somehow figures it out and plays at an average to above average #1 level.
The upside for Annunen is that you manage to scheme your defense well enough to get him to mediocre backup level.

I'd rather roll the dice now and see if you can possibly get George back on track. If you can, (I'm not saying the odds are good) you're probably just shopping for a solid backup at the deadline.

If you roll with Annunen you're locked into shopping for a #1 as well as a potentially backup at the deadline.
Right or wrong… this is how the Avs have thought about it. This is two horrific games in a row to start after a preseason that wasn’t inspiring. It’s a tough spot. I’d expect the Avs to give George a game or two off and then go back to the well, but if anybody plays well they should stick with that guy.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Two games into the season and the CMac haters are firing on all cylinders. Yep, HFAvs season is in full swing. This season is going to be delightful.

That's quicker than when there were certain posters calling for Bednars head after 3 games in 2002.
I mean are you enjoying the fact we've giving up 14 goals in 2 games?

Reactions: Tom155

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA

I don't think its really on CMac at this point. But he's going to need to get real proactive real quick if one of these 3 guys doesn't start making saves.

Reactions: SirLoinOfCloth

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

Were there a lot of hardcore South Carolina Stingray fans?

I guess they were pretty tough on Bednar playing his last season of professional hockey in the ECHL in 2002.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad